Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

MadYaker wrote: »
    They should replace the bots with human players, but limit the number of titans on the map at any one time. Angel City would be ridiculous with 64 players! Its not that big.

that would ruin the game imo
    its suppose too be a fast paced fps, you can't do that on a big map even with 64 players, battlefield 4 proves that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

They should replace the bots with human players, but limit the number of titans on the map at any one time. Angel City would be ridiculous with 64 players! Its not that big.

64 players would be too much imho...

But 12v12 would definitely be the sweet spot.

And the bots should be taken out of the game and made as some sort of killstreak or something.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

If MAG can do 256 players...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I wasn't too pushed when I heard it was 6v6, because I like big game battles, but that doesn't stop me playing games that provide that and trying this out with it's own dynamic. Maybe if they can provide it, you'll see larger games in larger maps in DLC form, if they feel the need to push it there. Maybe it'll never need it. It seems to be aimed at adrenaline junkies. Albeit ones that sit down for long periods of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Should be under 'My Games' on Origin.

I think it's good but the AI is criminally bad. Just stand there to get mown down. Takes a bit of the fun out of it.

I'm not going to complain about the AI at all . The AI is there to help you get your Titan quicker . It's a good idea to have bots in the game to farm . I would change it that it's only player or Titan kills that count for score . One gun I don't like at all is the smart pistol . The amount of bush wookies it's bringing to the game is unreal . But that's a minor complaint to me . I can actually say this game is fun and I can't wait to see the full game in action . I bought my key for yesterday because I have 17 hours of it played .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

4Dlolz wrote: »
    64 players would be too much imho...

But 12v12 would definitely be the sweet spot.

And the bots should be taken out of the game and made as some sort of killstreak or something.

No Killstreaks! I always dreaded them on COD. The way Titanfall is now is near perfect. Burn cards are well implemented and not too overpowered.

Titanfall will live or die on the mod tools being released.

The developers will bring it as far as they can but unless they open it up to the community then I think it will become stale quicker than we might imagine. We need the options of tweaking and tinkering around with player numbers etc to find that sweet spot.

No Killstreaks! I always dreaded them on COD. The way Titanfall is now is near perfect. Burn cards are well implemented and not too overpowered.

I'm not massively into killstreaks myself but the majority of people ultimately are and that's what shifts so many copies of COD year in year out.

In my estimation, depending on what you want the game to be you could have either a) beef up the grunt AI and being a, say, 5 killstreak they fall from the sky and follow your character around the map. Or b) send them in depending on how much points the team as whole has racked up. For example, grunts can be a 5 killstreak, Spectre's a 8 and so on. Also, you should receive special Titans according to your streak as well as having loadouts for your basic one's.

I'm not massively into killstreaks myself but the majority of people ultimately are and that's what shifts so many copies of COD year in year out.

In my estimation, depending on what you want the game to be you could have either a) beef up the grunt AI and being a, say, 5 killstreak they fall from the sky and follow your character around the map. Or b) send them in depending on how much points the team as whole has racked up. For example, grunts can be a 5 killstreak, Spectre's a 8 and so on. Also, you should receive special Titans according to your streak as well as having loadouts for your basic one's.

Good point on the amount of COD sold but I think what makes this games so good/accessible is that there is nothing (like killstreak or items) that really that can make one player/one team dominate a game. It's just down to how well a player/team makes the best use out of weapons/titans that are available to everyone which is far more fair than COD in my opinion.

If you're on about just aesthetic changes to Titan's/player models then I've no real problem with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I meant 64 players would be too much. I think the amount they have now is perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

F1ngers wrote: »
    If MAG can do 256 players...:P

And Planetside 2 can do 2000... :pac:

This is a game that's been built for 6 v 6 + creeps. It works brilliantly and has obviously been built around this as their preferred number. There's potential for more of course, maybe they'll release it, but I'm not one bit bothered by 6v6 now that I've been able to sink a good chunk of time into it.

I am hoping to see some 3rd party modding - maps for sure, but I'd love to see if there was ever going to be a "commander" style option where instead of the creeps doing their own thing, you could order them about (and they'd need a fairly substantial AI overhaul for that first I think).

Good point on the amount of COD sold but I think what makes this games so good/accessible is that there is nothing (like killstreak or items) that really that can make one player/one team dominate a game. It's just down to how well a player/team makes the best use out of weapons/titans that are available to everyone which is far more fair than COD in my opinion.

If you're on about just aesthetic changes to Titan's/player models then I've no real problem with that!

I agree...killstreaks can ruin games. There is nothing worse than joining a match and being spawn killed by choppers or planes or whatever. But I think it can be done properly in Titanfall. If the main scorestreaks/pointstreaks were actual Titans instead of choppers or planes then it could work. For example, everyone gets their basic Titans (Atlas, Ogre, Stryder) in addition to the more powerful one's earned only through killstreaks.

Just my 2 cents.

There's nothing worse than seeing retarded AI bots grouped in a corner. There's no fun in it. I think they should follow players around or be commanded by players. i.e - attack this, go here, defend this etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Shiminay wrote: »
    Why? Have they no hands? Are they afraid of the ONE TRUE CONTROL METHOD WAY? :p</trolling>.

Its shocking, have to put it on my tv aswell, there not fans of playing at the desk!! All 30 somethings institutionalised by years of console gaming!!

On the crossfire issue im having, was getting flashing textures, image corruption, stuttering etc till I turned one of the cards off. What driver are you running? Im using 13.12 at the moment and normally works fairly well for me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I'm not going to complain about the AI at all . The AI is there to help you get your Titan quicker . It's a good idea to have bots in the game to farm . I would change it that it's only player or Titan kills that count for score.

They count, for your personal score and to the team score where kills matter (attrition).
    One gun I don't like at all is the smart pistol . The amount of bush wookies it's bringing to the game is unreal.

Unreal in that it's bringing none, and I don't think you know what that term means.

I agree...killstreaks can ruin games. There is nothing worse than joining a match and being spawn killed by choppers or planes or whatever. But I think it can be done properly in Titanfall. If the main scorestreaks/pointstreaks were actual Titans instead of choppers or planes then it could work. For example, everyone gets their basic Titans (Atlas, Ogre, Stryder) in addition to the more powerful one's earned only through killstreaks.

Just my 2 cents.

There's nothing worse than seeing retarded AI bots grouped in a corner. There's no fun in it. I think they should follow players around or be commanded by players. i.e - attack this, go here, defend this etc.

Totally agree on the grouped bots alright! I was in a game the other night and came across 2 opposing groups of bots just firing at each other for ages with none going down?! Reminded me of the creeps in Dota 2!

If they could be commanded by say the closest pilot that would be cool but not sure how easy it would be to implement?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

They do follow you sometimes. Also if you see a group of enemy spectres run up to one and hack it. A group of enemy bots now become your bots :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Keep running into bots doing scripted stuff, you drop into a room and a bot will at that moment shoot and finish off another or knife it.
    They do follow you sometimes. Also if you see a group of enemy spectres run up to one and hack it. A group of enemy bots now become your bots :D

Never got that to work it always does the head snapping thing.

At the start of fracture one of the side players can get to a position where the entire enemy bot are in a tight group and 1 grenade or rapid DMR fire can seriously give one team an advantage.

Varik wrote: »
    Keep running into bots doing scripted stuff, you drop into a room and a bot will at that moment shoot and finish off another or knife it.

Never got that to work it always does the head snapping thing.

At the start of fracture one of the side players can get to a position where the entire enemy bot are in a tight group and 1 grenade or rapid DMR fire can seriously give one team an advantage.

Its gas, I enter a room and 2 AI guys staring at each other doing nothing. When I get close they kick off a van damme scene and I stop and watch :D

With hacking the spectres I think you might have to hack them head on. The animation starts by pulling their head down and ramming the hacking knife into them.

Its gas, I enter a room and 2 AI guys staring at each other doing nothing. When I get close they kick off a van damme scene and I stop and watch :D

With hacking the spectres I think you might have to hack them head on. The animation starts by pulling their head down and ramming the hacking knife into them.

For me the bots totally kill the immersion. They're beyond stupid. It kills the challenge altogether. By all means keep them in the game, but they have to be utilized differently and more efficiently.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

they do follow players around in a squad. Try going up to squad of enemy spectres and holding down x (on xbox 1) and see what happens ;)

• Advertisement

The dropkick being one hit kill is ****ing annoying.

The dropkick being one hit kill is ****ing annoying.

It doesn't bother me at all. Its a melee attack and in many FPS games I play an melee is a 1 hit kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

It doesn't bother me at all. Its a melee attack and in many FPS games I play an melee is a 1 hit kill.

Many of them really shouldn't be though.
    The drop kick should be a knockdown & stun.

The only other game where its like this is COD, and I hate COD. Its not half as annoying in BF4, I almost never get knifed. Actually I think the melee might be 1 hit kill in planetside 2, but like BF4 it rarely happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

From my earlier clip I run at the person who is shooting me, and manage to kick him in the face and kill him. I can see this getting nerfed, as it's very silly. Only the shotgun will stop face kicker...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Maybe if its a 1 hit kill to the back, but running up to someone and being able to just stab/kick them to death in one hit is a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Burgo wrote: »
    Maybe if its a 1 hit kill to the back, but running up to someone and being able to just stab/kick them to death in one hit is a bit much.

Yeah, screwing someones head off, fair enough they aint getting back up.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

EoinHef wrote: »
    Its shocking, have to put it on my tv aswell, there not fans of playing at the desk!! All 30 somethings institutionalised by years of console gaming!!

On the crossfire issue im having, was getting flashing textures, image corruption, stuttering etc till I turned one of the cards off. What driver are you running? Im using 13.12 at the moment and normally works fairly well for me
    I sincerely think that if you can't figure out a keyboard and a mouse, there must be some genuine motor skills issue in your brain. It's a far more intuitive interface for an FPS than a controller.

I'm on the latest drivers (13.12 like you). I noticed minor flicker of textures once or twice, not enough that it concerned me though and I was willing to chalk it up to "beta" and move on at the time anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Shiminay wrote: »
    I sincerely think that if you can't figure out a keyboard and a mouse, there must be some genuine motor skills issue in your brain. It's a far more intuitive interface for an FPS than a controller.

I'm on the latest drivers (13.12 like you). I noticed minor flicker of textures once or twice, not enough that it concerned me though and I was willing to chalk it up to "beta" and move on at the time anyway.

Not one of them owns a gaming PC though,most of them just have old laptops/tablets etc and consoles so I can understand to a degree that they would rather use a controller for the odd time there in my house. Even then there more interested in playing BF4 on the PS4 than any games I have on PC, even though BF4 looks better on PC:)

Ok thanks, I reckon ill try it at 1080p tonight with crossfire on and see how it goes. Maybe 1440p was making it appear worse

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

but like BF4 it rarely happens.

Happens all the time if you look at the kill feed

Advertisement