Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

MadYaker wrote: »
    Anyone remember the Turok series?!?!

I think I still have the N64 cartridge around here somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Holy crap, those aim-bot pistols are annoying. Coupled with the invisible trick, it can take down 3 people with ease. Should be nerfed along with the kick. Reloading? Just kick them in the face :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Played a few games on the xbox not too bad at all, except I'm not very good yet.
    I thought the xbox one version would be using the "power of the cloud" for dedicated severs?
    Most of my games were fine then suddenly it was welcome to lag city.
    I'll try to give the PC version a spin before the beta is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

dloob wrote: »
    Played a few games on the xbox not too bad at all, except I'm not very good yet.
    I thought the xbox one version would be using the "power of the cloud" for dedicated severs?
    Most of my games were fine then suddenly it was welcome to lag city.
    I'll try to give the PC version a spin before the beta is over.
    My internet is crappy, and I can't speak for the One version, but the PC? I was getting some bad lag in some games. I got it to go to the 20s in some good games, but I think it was usually in the 40s/50s and got as bad as the 70s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Pushtrak wrote: »
    My internet is crappy, and I can't speak for the One version, but the PC? I was getting some bad lag in some games. I got it to go to the 20s in some good games, but I think it was usually in the 40s/50s and got as bad as the 70s.

40/50 should be very playable
    even 70
    anything over 100 I'd consider very noticable lag, and I have **** internet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I was playing on PC and got put into a lobby and two players in the lobby had over 200 ping . It could be the players you are playing with because Irish players should have the best connection because the game servers are located in Dublin . My game has been at a rock solid 35 ms of Ping .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

They are overloading the servers to stress teat them. That could be the reason for the higher pings. The first day I started playing I was getting 12ms ping on a 6mb connection. But since then it's been rising and played yesterday on 35ms ping.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I've had no problems with lag at all. I'm actually surprised how smooth it runs. I'm playing everything on high and its grand, I thought it would be a more demanding on hardware.

Does the beta finish today? I have to say I'm bored of it already. Its too easy and I know there are more maps coming but I don't really think thats enough to keep me hooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm getting better and better the more I play. I'm thinking the Carbine might get a stealth nerf between now and launch. It's power and range kind of makes it superior to the sniper rifle, yet its damage and rate of fire makes it better than the SMG. Seems to be too good.

I do like the SMG tho. Extended mag has 50 rounds in it which is pretty cool.

Today is the last day of the beta, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Kirby wrote: »

yeah afaik.

Delighted the sniper rifle is useless..the players move too fast/dont hang about.Fukking hate snipers.

Think the grunts were only put in to flesh out the maps and to distract players.

Enjoying playing domination but last titan standing sucks.

Also playing fps's for more than 10 years so why the **** am i still fragging/flashing myself:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

returnNull wrote: »
    yeah afaik.

Delighted the sniper rifle is useless..the players move too fast/dont hang about.Fukking hate snipers.

Think the grunts were only put in to flesh out the maps and to distract players.

Enjoying playing domination but last titan standing sucks.

Also playing fps's for more than 10 years so why the **** am i still fragging/flashing myself:pac::pac:

I waste grenades because I keep hitting RB to 'spot' players as in Battlefield.

I waste grenades because I keep hitting RB to 'spot' players as in Battlefield.

ive no excuse :) just have terrible aim trying to lob the fukkers in windows !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Kirby wrote: »
    I'm getting better and better the more I play. I'm thinking the Carbine might get a stealth nerf between now and launch. It's power and range kind of makes it superior to the sniper rifle, yet its damage and rate of fire makes it better than the SMG. Seems to be too good.

I do like the SMG tho. Extended mag has 50 rounds in it which is pretty cool.

Yeah the Carbine is turbo kill, 3 -4 rounds into an enemy pilot and he is going down, high change itll be nerfed.

the offical finishing time is 6pm PST today which is 2 am our time afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

It has it's problems, mostly balance issues (stupid auto-pistol :P ), but I think I'll be picking this up day one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Absolutely loving the lack of effectiveness of the sniper-rifle and the almost complete lack of people camping and sniping.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I use it with a silencer and the acog sight and its actually pretty good for close to medium range combat. 2 shot kill and low rate of fire though so you need to have good aim. I agree though the lack of camping is good, they obviously learned from COD.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MadYaker wrote: »
    I use it with a silencer and the acog sight and its actually pretty good for close to medium range combat. 2 shot kill and low rate of fire though so you need to have good aim. I agree though the lack of camping is good, they obviously learned from COD.

Why would you want to camp when you can run on or up or off everything :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Because you're such a pussy you're too afraid to have a straight up fight in a digital world :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Lots of people complaining about the pistol - but it has a significantly short range, takes ages to line up three shots against a single pilot / invisible dude, and is totally useless without locking on leaving you exposed at short range very often.

I think it's perfect and is a welcome edition to the genre, decent players should be able to use their wits to outmanoeuvre anyone with the thing. Plus the sniper is real nice too.

• Advertisement

Lots of people complaining about the pistol - but it has a significantly short range, takes ages to line up three shots against a single pilot / invisible dude, and is totally useless without locking on leaving you exposed at short range very often.
    Na its a weapon for the fuktards , the muppets just follow you till it locks.And even if you do catch them coming up behind its still harder for you to get the kill as all they have to do is keep you in view.

Its also the weapon ive seen people use when there has been any type of camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Absolutely loving the lack of effectiveness of the sniper-rifle and the almost complete lack of people camping and sniping.

You have piqued my interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

returnNull wrote: »
    Its also the weapon ive seen people use when there has been any type of camping.

I have came across a lot of campers with the pistol but instead of a game like cod or battlefield you can avoid the campers and slay the bots instead . So if you want to camp in this game the chances of loosing can be quite high . I played against 3 players who camped all game and their team lost by 100 points in attrition .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I think it's perfect and is a welcome edition to the genre, decent players should be able to use their wits to outmanoeuvre anyone with the thing. Plus the sniper is real nice too.
    Completely agree.

If the guy was behind you using a normal gun,then they would have killed you the second they saw you.Instead this time with the smart pistol they must wait patiently while the the pistol locks on all the while in the mean time you could turn around and shoot them.Same with get killed by it from the side.

Tbh if people are get killed face to face with a guy using a smart pistol and them using a carbine or smg,then they just need to get better at the game and stop whinging about he's using a "noob" weapon:P

The smart pistol is great for racking up points from Grunts and Sentinels but if you're up against any half-decent pilot, you're dead.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Also: you don't have to wait for a lock with the smart pistol, it does work as a normal gun :)

I really don't want to have to wait three weeks to play this again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Had a few more games just now... meh, got some complaints...

particularly with the servers... or whatever sort of system they're using. Every minute or so i'll get an error saying its attempting to reconnect or some ****.. will go away after a second or so but its pretty annoying. Why can't it just let me bloody lag a little bit without ****ing with the display.. i don't need a big ass ****ing message to tell me im lagging.

Still don't like the titans, very clunky and linear, i just stick them on auto mode... actually find it a lot easier to kill enemy titans doing this.

The autopistol is retarded... why even put that in the game ? Its like they learn't nothing from MW2. I don't even think its OP, since when I used it i just ended up shooting people before it locked on(Im guessing it'll be more of an issue on the consoles)... but every now and again i'll watch a replay of some lowbob aiming at the floor walking behind me and getting a kill on me that he simply wouldn't have gotten without it (Because i'd have 180'd him in the face).

I've never liked cloaks in games.. not so bad in this but still kind of annoying when you go through all the effort to kill someones titan only for them eject in the air, go cloak and all of a sudden have an advantage on you... again.

The movement is probably too easy imo, there's no real element of skill to it which is disappointing.. guess its to keep the console guys happy.

Most importantly, I just get a bit bored killing bots... i think i'm absolutely beasting everyone (Like how i do in pretty much any shooter) and then I look at the scoreboard at the end and im top with like a measly 12 kills or something and the next guy is on 2 or 3... I've had games where the enemy team has won and has had less than 15 pilot kills combined !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I really don't want to have to wait three weeks to play this again.

Yup, it's great fun alright, meanwhile in battlefield 'unable to connect to ea servers'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Having a lot of issues with it now. One match it just crashed out to Origin where it said it was syncing to the cloud. So I loaded it up, got into a match only for it to suddenly bring everybody back to match selection/loading screen. Once we got in, playing it for a few minutes then crashes back out to Origin again.

First issues I have had with it, wonder are they the servers getting tested since it's the last night for it. Ah well, think I will pick this up on day one.

Advertisement