Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

miju wrote: »
    I think it's grand the way it is really. It one hit kills players on the back of friendly titans so thats fine.

If the punch was stronger on a Titan then it would just be one constant fist fight with Titans which is no fun at all really. As it is now a punch gets a Titan a good bit away from you to give you room to move / escape, thats balanced enough IMHO

Yeah I thinks its plenty strong enough at the minute, I had great craic during the beta, I used to equip the survivor perk boost up to the other guys titan and just start wailing on him with melee, every time they got knocked back i'd boost up to them again to carry on the beating, leaving off salvos of rockets with RB whenever I could. a lot of fellas didnt seem to expect it and you could see they were getting flustered, not knowing whether to fistfight or shoot.

had one funny moment on fracture where I got up to where the dropship comes to collect the other team, was punching the sh1te out of it while the other lads were raining fire down on it. - dropship exploded in a matter of seconds. :D

really looking forward to the full game now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

that actually reminds me of the one time on fracture there was a "fist fight" well I say a fist fight but it was some silly billy on the other team dropping in a Titan in the middle of 6 of us.

Cue him literally being punched one way into another one of us and then being punched another way to another Titan and so on......... unsuprisingly when he died he rage quit :P:P:P:P

that actually reminds me of the one time on fracture there was a "fist fight" well I say a fist fight but it was some silly billy on the other team dropping in a Titan in the middle of 6 of us.

Cue him literally being punched one way into another one of us and then being punched another way to another Titan and so on......... unsuprisingly when he died he rage quit :P:P:P:P

Brilliant,

I know its only a first person shooter, but titanfall is the first game in a long time where I've found myself thinking about things to do in it when I'm not playing.
    I wonder if its possible to melee a titan that has just dropped and is still in a shield bubble, i wonder is it possible to use those arc grenades to take down that bubble shield? I wonder, I wonder I wonder.....

I wonder if its possible to melee a titan that has just dropped and is still in a shield bubble

been there done that, your Titans health goes down so fast you have about 5 seconds to get out of that bubble before boom time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Titanfall requires up to 40GB of storage space to install, the packshot for the newly announced Xbox One Titanfall console bundle has revealed.

titanfall_40gb.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Xenji wrote: »
    Titanfall requires up to 40GB of storage space to install, the packshot for the newly announced Xbox One Titanfall console bundle has revealed.

For the bundle you get a digital copy (Free I think). I'd say with a physical copy the install size is much less.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Kirby wrote: »
    Melee in the titans should be way stronger than it is. It's great for yanking a pilot/nuclear core out when an enemy titan is on low HP but it does virtually no damage. There is a perk to make it better but even so, it needs a buff.

I find the Titan melee can really throw some people off their Titan game. Especially if you fire your booster and then melee, if you hit them they go all over the place :D

Like Miju was saying, one of the funniest moments of the beta was all 6 of us in Titans with a lad on the opposing team dropping his Titan in between us. We suddenly called for calm and said when this guy gets in "no one fires a shot" at him... What happened next was a fury of Titan punches and swift destruction of said Titan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

For the bundle you get a digital copy (Free I think). I'd say with a physical copy the install size is much less.

As with every PS4 and Xbox One game they all install fully, the disc is only used as a check and content delivery. The install size will be the same regardless of the source.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Decided to pre-order with Amazon as £42 is the lowest I could find and they will match the price if it's cheaper elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Decided to pre-order with Amazon as £42 is the lowest I could find and they will match the price if it's cheaper elsewhere.

Cheaper here, http://www.g2play.net/category/3242/titanfall-ea-origin-key/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

One time during the beta I was killed because the guy had called and DROPPED his titan onto mine. Blowing mine up into pieces and killing me instantly. Not knowing what happened at first I saw the death cam and my reacton was:
    c6e184c37df932d599fc1db174c7c7b2c8caf5400bc6b13d6865c1393f7b3122.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

So he got the kill then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I assumed so! The killcam was looking through his eyes and could see the titan drop onto mine and him getting into it so I assume killcam = his kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Cravez wrote: »
    I assumed so! The killcam was looking through his eyes and could see the titan drop onto mine and him getting into it so I assume killcam = his kill.

Would hope so coz to do something like that takes either skill or dumb luck. Either way deserves the kill.

irishmover wrote: »
    Would hope so coz to do something like that takes either skill or dumb luck. Either way deserves the kill.

You get a "Titanfall Kill" for doing it. Have done it a fair few times sometimes by accident but a good tactic is when you see an enemy Titan in their bubble waiting for its pilot call in yours and it will kill it straight away even if in the bubble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Vince Zampella Twitter
    @VinceZampella
    @Ahmed_Zainal approx: 21gb download, 48gb installed.

48Gb for 15 maps and no singleplayer campaign.

There is a lot of online speculation that the Demo had textures that were downsized.

Just for reference
    2012 Max Payne 3 PC had a 29Gb download, 35Gb install
    2013 Call of Duty: Ghosts PC ~27Gb Steam Download, Recommended HDD space required 40Gb

There is a lot of online speculation that the Demo had textures that were downsized.

TBH I thought that everyone knew that. Most betas are downscaled as its not graphics they are testing its the servers.

The beta was only 5GB so textures all had to be knocked down.

TBH I thought that everyone knew that. Most betas are downscaled as its not graphics they are testing its the servers.

I couldnt find an accurate source for the downscalling of textures during the beta. Without confirmation, its speculation.

There was a comment made about the textures in the Alpha, that was from the Respawn twitter account in response to cboat speculation on a NeoGaf thread. I'd happily change my post if it was confirmed about the Beta textures

I couldnt find an accurate source for the downscalling of textures during the beta. Without confirmation, its speculation.

its the industry norm for a beta release. Demo release wouldn't be downscaled though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

Tempted by the titanfall xbone console deal even though i already have a ps4 that i love. What the overriding thoughts on titanfall? looks class from what i've seen

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

jones wrote: »
    Tempted by the titanfall xbone console deal even though i already have a ps4 that i love. What the overriding thoughts on titanfall? looks class from what i've seen

Beta was fun, could see it as something I'd get bored of quite quickly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I don't really know how to answer this honestly. There are a crazy amount of variables at play here. I'm not that much of a multiplayer person, but can have fun with it time to time. It was a good game, and I know if I was playing on the 360 with the group I used to play with a lot I'd have a hell of a lot of fun with it. So, thats something you have to ask yourself. Do you have a lot of people you'd play with? If so, then getting the Xbox One for Titanfall is definitely something to think hard about.

I'd think the best thing for the One though is waiting. But maybe this is because for me, Titanfall isn't a game that I'd likely play for months in significant amounts of time to get me to other games I'd want. And really, in terms of release schedule, the PS4 and One aren't exactly tantalizing. E3 is going to be interesting in terms of talking about new games that'll be coming out later. I'd also be quick to point out the likelihood of the One coming out with a 1 TB system. Word is that'll happen this year. Though, if you were only planning on getting Titanfall and a few other games, not expecting 500 GB to be an issue, then that wouldn't carry much weight.

I really enjoyed it. I played over 100 rounds during the beta, I got an in-game award for it lol.

Its fast paced, lots of fun and has potential to be a really competitive game that uses a lot of team work. Going back to playing BF4 after the beta was like being shipped off to a retirement village :)

its the industry norm for a beta release

I dont understand this point.

As every game made has its own development cycle, where an Alpha build may lack or not lack features and a Beta build may be focus on server load or bug finding or optimisation, is it not at the discretion of the developer considering the "state" of the game in question what is done or not done in the Alpha or Beta?

The size of the Titanfall install is large for 15 maps, considering points made about the Alpha build with regards the textures/792p on the Xbox One console. Websites/forums were speculating that the textures were also downsized for the Beta and that the final build would have larger textures that would account for the large install size but I could not find any source or confirmation for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

makes sense from a limited time beta point of view, if the aim is to test servers, to not have a cripplingly large download for users. Im not going to download a 20+ GB game just for a weekend stress test (for example)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

The beta was only 5GB so textures all had to be knocked down.

Well in fairness it was 12gb or so installed on PC so I can't see it changing that much graphically on PC or on the consoles .
    I would say the way the game looks now will be how it looks when it comes out . To me the beta was a way of seeing how the game performed on the servers so they test out there network coding . This game will live or die by it's network coding . Since it doesn't seem to have single player or the single player campaign will be limited .

irishmover wrote: »
    I really enjoyed it. I played over 100 rounds during the beta, I got an in-game award for it lol.

Its fast paced, lots of fun and has potential to be a really competitive game that uses a lot of team work. Going back to playing BF4 after the beta was like being shipped off to a retirement village :)

In that no one was in sync, your limbs didnt respond in the way you wanted them to, and the whole thing smelled faintly of piss?

pretty accurate description of BF4 at the moment alright :D

In that no one was in sync, your limbs didnt respond in the way you wanted them to, and the whole thing smelled faintly of piss?

pretty accurate description of BF4 at the moment alright :D

quoted for truth :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I tried to hop on BF4 for the first time since playing Titanfall just yesterday and my reaction was more like this.

Obviously Ron = Titanfall in this instance.

Advertisement