Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Seems most peoples suspicions were correct about beta being downscaled

http://www.totalxbox.com/72162/will-titanfall-xbox-one-be-1080p-after-all-respawn-silent-on-latest-rumours/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

If the game ran at 1080p they would have announced it at this stage, why keep it secret? It may have a higher resolution than the beta, but I'd be very surprised if it is 1080p.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I thought they were aiming for a 900p release if they could get it running smoothly?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Benzino wrote: »
    If the game ran at 1080p they would have announced it at this stage, why keep it secret? It may have a higher resolution than the beta, but I'd be very surprised if it is 1080p.

probably down to last minute patching / finalising of code. much the same way COD ghosts on ps4 only got 1080 via a launch day patch. At this stage the game is probably already being burned to discs. The reason for being tight lipped on it would be that if they fail to hit the target, its just more bad press.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

It was always gonna be 1080p on console no? Just upsacled from whatever the native resolution its running. MS recently made improvements to the scaler in the xbox one so they might be seeing how that affects the native resolution they can run

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

EoinHef wrote: »
    It was always gonna be 1080p on console no? Just upsacled from whatever the native resolution its running. MS recently made improvements to the scaler in the xbox one so they might be seeing how that affects the native resolution they can run

Big difference between upscaled 1080p and native, regardless of any improvements made to the scaler there would still be a noticeable difference.

Big difference between upscaled 1080p and native, regardless of any improvements made to the scaler there would still be a noticeable difference.

Definitely but just recent improvements in the scaler may have respawn looking at resolution again hence them not saying for definite what its going to run at.

Id say the best that can be hoped for is 900p and upscaled to 1080p from there. Which in fairness usually looks pretty good anyway.

EoinHef wrote: »

Id say the best that can be hoped for is 900p and upscaled to 1080p from there. Which in fairness usually looks pretty good anyway.

as i always say i cant tell difference really between 720, 900 and 1080 so i dont really care much about resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

miju wrote: »
    as i always say i cant tell difference really between 720, 900 and 1080 so i dont really care much about resolution.

on a 50+inch tv
    I can tell the difference between 720p and 1080p
    but I can't tell the difference if its 900p and 1080p if I could I don't think it would make any difference too the experience of next gen graphics (console wise) so I don't know why anyone would argue over it been lower

on the other hand on smaller tvs
    I can't tell the difference at all whether it be 720p too 1080p or 720p too upscaled 1080p

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    on a 50+inch tv
    I can tell the difference between 720p and 1080p
    but I can't tell the difference if its 900p and 1080p if I could I don't think it would make any difference too the experience of next gen graphics (console wise) so I don't know why anyone would argue over it been lower

on the other hand on smaller tvs
    I can't tell the difference at all whether it be 720p too 1080p or 720p too upscaled 1080p

I'm playing on a 32 inch at the moment, I actually prefer it to the 50 inch I used to use before. Unless your room is big enough to take the tv, you end up turning your head to check out action on different parts of the screen as opposed to just using your eyes. Kind of like when you sit up the front at the cinema.

• Advertisement

If it looks as good as the beta thats fine with me, I dont think it needs to be 1080p, 900p etc Game is so fast paced

But just interesting to see what they decide to do with it at launch, any improvement would be a nice bonus for console owners and if not it still looked good "as was" in the beta imo

On the PC anyway and the footage I saw of XB1 on youtube etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

probably down to last minute patching / finalising of code. much the same way COD ghosts on ps4 only got 1080 via a launch day patch. At this stage the game is probably already being burned to discs. The reason for being tight lipped on it would be that if they fail to hit the target, its just more bad press.

I guess that could happen alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

There really wouldn't be. The best looking game on both xbone and ps4 at the moment is Ryse and it renders at 900p.

After effects such as anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering, tessellation, ambient occlusion, etc. have a much bigger impact on image quality than a bump in raw pixels. And texture quality is mainly a battle of precision, not resolution. I've seen some awful textures rendered at 1080p and above......it didn't suddenly make them beautiful.

Respawn just tweeted out that the games gone gold. only 15 days left till titanfall.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Kirby wrote: »
    There really wouldn't be. The best looking game on both xbone and ps4 at the moment is Ryse and it renders at 900p.

After effects such as anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering, tessellation, ambient occlusion, etc. have a much bigger impact on image quality than a bump in raw pixels. And texture quality is mainly a battle of precision, not resolution. I've seen some awful textures rendered at 1080p and above......it didn't suddenly make them beautiful.

True, look at Forza on XBox One compared to the 360 one. They lost a tonne of post processing effects to hit 1080p and I think it looks worse in comparison.

Respawn just tweeted out that the games gone gold. only 15 days left till titanfall.

How many sales is that then?

How many sales is that then?

gone gold, as in the gold master disc of final code, that every other one is copied from.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Sales of the Titanfall/XB1 bundle appear to be going well anyway

Granted I've no idea exactly how many pre-orders they were taking

maximoose wrote: »
    Sales of the Titanfall/XB1 bundle appear to be going well anyway

Granted I've no idea exactly how many pre-orders they were taking

one thing i'm a little bit surprised about is that I'm not seeing a huge amount of advertising for titanfall outside of games websites. for Halo or Gears, there would be rakes of TV spots and even in the cinema.

Maybe its coming shortly, but microsoft seem to be very heavily invested in making this the killer app for the xbox one. It reminds me of the collectors edition of Gears of war, it came with a documentary, and it showed Bill Gates himself telling Cliffy B that it needed to be finished for a certain date.

gone gold, as in the gold master disc of final code, that every other one is copied from.

oh right , durrrrpp :o:o:o:o:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

oh right , durrrrpp :o:o:o:o:o

Oh miju :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

lBFPmo4.png

("no" is the response to the @Titanfall_EN claim Titanfall will be 1080p/60fps on Xbone)

So it looks like it will be 900p, as it will be higher than 720p and lower than 1080p.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Xenji wrote: »
    ("no" is the response to the @Titanfall_EN claim Titanfall will be 1080p/60fps on Xbone)

So it looks like it will be 900p, as it will be higher than 720p and lower than 1080p.

It was 1408x792p for the beta, have they confirmed they increased it to 900p?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

It was 1408x792p for the beta, have they confirmed they increased it to 900p?
    That was the stated target.

Xenji wrote: »

That will do me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I'd rather have 900 P's on the Xbox One than no P's at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Disappointing that new consoles can't even achieve 1080p on a relatively average looking, source engine game. Hopefully for xb1 owners the increased res doesn't also worsen the fps dips experienced during the beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

That will do me :P

Me too mr miju me too....

Now make it rain titans......

Magill wrote: »
    Disappointing that new consoles can't even achieve 1080p

To be honest it really doenst bother me in the slightest. I game on a 32" TV and cant tell difference between 900p and 1080p anyways.

Though apparently it is a bit more obvious on bigger TVs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I play on a 40" and don't notice a difference, but with Titanfall their isn't another console running it at 1080p to compare it too.

Advertisement