Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

So, for anyone playing this on PC (myself included), it's going to be a hefty download. http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/02/25/titandall-is-a-21gb-download-48gb-installed/

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Does Origin allow you to preload?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Does Origin allow you to preload?
    Depends on the game apparently. Haven't seen anything saying Titanfall could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

miju wrote: »
    To be honest it really doenst bother me in the slightest. I game on a 32" TV and cant tell difference between 900p and 1080p anyways.

Though apparently it is a bit more obvious on bigger TVs

I guess it depends on how close you sit to the TV. Its very easy to spot the difference when you're on PC because you can just switch between the two in seconds and in general you sit at the optimal viewing distance.. everything is just much sharper and nice. On console i guess its kind of hard to tell the difference when you don't really have the option to switch between the different resolutions, I would say that's more ignorance than not being able to tell the difference tho.

BTW... does anyone know what the lead platform for Titanfall was ? I'm guess it was XB1 and ported to PC ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I play on a 40" and don't notice a difference, but with Titanfall their isn't another console running it at 1080p to compare it too.

Is it running 1080 on pc?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I play on a 40" and don't notice a difference, but with Titanfall their isn't another console running it at 1080p to compare it too.

What do you mean by "another console", that implies there is a console running it at 1080p.
    Should be "no console" is running it at 1080p.

Besides, a PC running at 1080p would be all you need for comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Yeah, I'm actually half thinking of buying it now. Its €38.99 on g2play.net and a few guys I know are getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

As the developer claimed:

“So recently we’ve got our 4K monitor here in the studio and I’ve had the great pleasure of playing TitanFall in 4K on a Titan GPU and it’s gorgeous. It was unbelievable. It’s a whole new experience.”
    :eek:

Taken from http://www.dsogaming.com/news/titanfall-will-be-playable-at-4k-on-a-single-nvidia-gtx-titan/

Although im sure some would still suggest it looks better on console

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

You're not going to notice a difference when most of your games run at 720p.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

You have to take the distance into consideration too. You'll be able to see the difference in resolution on a 10" screen if you sit close enough.

http://www.rtings.com/images/optimal-viewing-distance-television-graph-size.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I have a 26 inch monitor on my PC and id definitely notice the difference between 720p and 1080p.

MadYaker wrote: »
    I have a 26 inch monitor on my PC and id definitely notice the difference between 720p and 1080p.

I only have a 22" one and I can definitely notice the difference too. The difference is with computers you're sitting less than 2 feet away, with TV's most people are probably 2+ metres away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

F1ngers wrote: »
    What do you mean by "another console", that implies there is a console running it at 1080p.
    Should be "no console" is running it at 1080p.

Besides, a PC running at 1080p would be all you need for comparison.

I actually thought it was an Xbox One and 360 exclusive. Didn't know it was coming to PC in 1080p.

So its basically just a windows exclusive. Does the PC version have higher number of players or is it just the same as Xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I actually thought it was an Xbox One and 360 exclusive. Didn't know it was coming to PC in 1080p.

So its basically just a windows exclusive. Does the PC version have higher number of players or is it just the same as Xbox?

same amount of players but we do have 1080p + :)

Blazer wrote: »
    same amount of players but we do have 1080p + :)

I think mod support was mentioned as well.

Plus it'll be basically half-price. 35 euro as opposed to the 65 or even 70 that Gamestop will charge.

Plus it'll be basically half-price. 35 euro as opposed to the 65 or even 70 that Gamestop will charge.

Ill be buying in smyths gamestop can kiss my hole

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Ill be buying in smyths gamestop can kiss my hole

You should see EB Games over here.

The last of us is still $100 there new. $78 anywhere else.

Second hand the last of us is $74 in the same shop.

I dunno how some of these places are still in business.

irishmover wrote: »

Jaysus that is expensive for a used game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,221 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Where in Canada are you? Every EB Games I've been in have had every new game for 60+tax pretty much which is probably quite cheaper than GS back home.

Liam O wrote: »
    Where in Canada are you? Every EB Games I've been in have had every new game for 60+tax pretty much which is probably quite cheaper than GS back home.

Australia!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,221 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Australia!

ah :pac: Didn't realise EB Games was outside Canadia. You've a high minimum wage anyway :p

Liam O wrote: »
    ah :pac: Didn't realise EB Games was outside Canadia. You've a high minimum wage anyway :p

I didn't realize EB Games was in Canada either hence I didn't explain myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

cadete wrote: »
    :eek: Taken from http://www.dsogaming.com/news/titanfall-will-be-playable-at-4k-on-a-single-nvidia-gtx-titan/ Although im sure some would still suggest it looks better on console

I enjoyed this snarky comment tremendously!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

It would want to run at 4k on a €600+ card.
    Call it modified all they want but its still based on a 10 year old source engine.
    Still looking forward to it..BF4 is boring the pants off me and Titanfall can fill the gap for a while until something new comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Blazer wrote: »
    It would want to run at 4k on a €600+ card.
    Call it modified all they want but its still based on a 10 year old source engine.
    Still looking forward to it..BF4 is boring the pants off me and Titanfall can fill the gap for a while until something new comes out.

arent the majority of these engines based back to the likes of the original quake and unreal anyway. its like saying that a lamborghini gallardo is based on a tractor. or to quote trigger from only fools and horses, 'I've had the same brush for 20 years, its only had 6 new handles and 8 new heads'.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

arent the majority of these engines based back to the likes of the original quake and unreal anyway. its like saying that a lamborghini gallardo is based on a tractor. or to quote trigger from only fools and horses, 'I've had the same brush for 20 years, its only had 6 new handles and 8 new heads'.

Well "based on" isn't the correct vernacular. "Modded" is more accurate.

For example I can build a brand new car based on one from the 60's. It's not the same car, its actually using nothing physically from the old car....but I have it in my head as a reference as I'm designing it. But this design is completely from scratch.

Compare that to taking an old car from the 60's and modding it. You change the engine and the interior and give it a new paint job. It's different alright but its still the old 60's car underneath. It has some of the same parts and I used it as a foundation. I just modded its components.

So it's not the same thing. Titanfall is actually using a modded engine from quite a while back. Its not a new engine based on an old one. It is an old one with some enhancements.

Personally, I think they did a great job.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Kirby wrote: »
    So it's not the same thing. Titanfall is actually using a modded engine from quite a while back. Its not a new engine based on an old one. It is an old one with some enhancements.

This isn't neccessarily a bad thing though. Take Battlefield 4, DICE have again rebuilt their Frostbite engine for the 3rd time in as many games and well I think most know how that worked out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I don't think anyone really suggested that it was a bad thing...i suggested that it was worrying (For console gamers) that they couldn't achieve that 60fps/1080p sweetspot.. even tho they have such a solid, well developed engine behind it.

Advertisement