Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Varik wrote: »
    I play mostly online and if I was there I'd be trading in my console/returning it as soon as possible.

Fair play to Respawn for not releasing a unplayable game but that still means that MS released a console that's vastly restricted in South Africa; no azure/cloud and probably even less media services than we get.

its latency thats the issue with SA so most Azure/Server setups are fine for use in SA the xbox one isnt restricted in that sense. Media services are restricted because its SA they're going to be **** anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Id say if there was a single player element to the game SA would have got a release.

The fact that its an online only game means they had to pull it if the infastructure is not up to par there, as online is the only component so if thats not possible then theres no point?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Timmyctc wrote: »

You have yet to prove your case that an expansion pack is not considered paid DLC. I would agree if the expansion is a standalone however BFBC2 Vietnam was paid downloable content. You had to own the BFBC2 to play Vietnam. Case closed

Moving on....

Back on topic, Check out the real Titanfall Xbox One that Respawn employees are getting. How cool is that.

image_39060_fit_620.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

wow that looks deadly
    I'd buy that
    my only gripe with the xbox one is how dull it looks
    but that certainly would take that dullness away:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You have yet to prove your case that an expansion pack is not considered paid DLC. I would agree if the expansion is a standalone however BFBC2 Vietnam was paid downloable content. You had to own the BFBC2 to play Vietnam. Case closed

Moving on....

Back on topic, Check out the real Titanfall Xbox One that Respawn employees are getting. How cool is that.

image_39060_fit_620.jpg

That looks so good. I will trade my left leg for this.

• Advertisement

miju wrote: »
    It's Africa still developing as a continent. Off topic ever look at African TV on Sky Satellite.

It's like going back to the 80's

And yet it's till vastly more entertaining than most of RTE's output.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

{...}

image_39060_fit_620.jpg

Yeuch. That wouldn't be my cup of tea at all! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yeuch. That wouldn't be my cup of tea at all! :)

You are no longer welcome here :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Interesting video on the roots/influences of Titanfall. I love Xbox Ahoy's videos, he's like the David Attenborough of video games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

miju wrote: »
    It's Africa still developing as a continent. Off topic ever look at African TV on Sky Satellite.

It's like going back to the 80's

South Africa is very different to the rest of Africa in terms of development. Fair play to Respawn for this but to be honest id say SA is a pretty small market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I don't know of any expansion pack that didn't require you to own the vanilla game...doesn't make them the same as a map pack tho.

In BFBC2's defense... they did release like 15 maps and a number of guns for free over the period of 9 months or so... can't really fault them on that.. and while i don't really consider Vietnam a full on expansion, it was more than the typical map pack DLC that CoD games released (5 maps, 15 weapons, 5 vehicles, voice overs and soundtracks). Honestly tho, I've grown to accept the whole DLC thing CoD/BF/Titanfall do nowadays.

This is obviously why they are reluctant to release mod tools on PC.. because they know how easy it is to make these studio quality maps with whatever mapping tools they have and no-one on PC would buy these maps if they can just play community made ones instead.

Wish more game developers and publishers would take Valves approach and let the community produce content for them, I think Gabe Newell even said that one of their biggest focuses with Source 2.0 is in making the content creation tools even better. It really is a win/win... Players get tons of free content while valve makes lots of money on their marketplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

any of you guys order any keys yet ,looking for the cheapest so i can start preloading asap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Ditto above, was just gonna post the same

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

MadYaker wrote: »
    South Africa is very different to the rest of Africa in terms of development.

Yes and no there's currently 51 odd million people in South Africa. As of 2012 only 25,000 had an ADSL speed of 10mb or above.

Currently a 20mb line there would cost you RH 995 and when you consider the average monthly salary is RH 6,500 thats quite alot of your salary for good internet.

Still worth it though :P:P:P:P:P

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Magill wrote: »
    I don't know of any expansion pack that didn't require you to own the vanilla game...doesn't make them the same as a map pack tho.

In BFBC2's defense... they did release like 15 maps and a number of guns for free over the period of 9 months or so... can't really fault them on that.. and while i don't really consider Vietnam a full on expansion, it was more than the typical map pack DLC that CoD games released (5 maps, 15 weapons, 5 vehicles, voice overs and soundtracks). Honestly tho, I've grown to accept the whole DLC thing CoD/BF/Titanfall do nowadays.

This is obviously why they are reluctant to release mod tools on PC.. because they know how easy it is to make these studio quality maps with whatever mapping tools they have and no-one on PC would buy these maps if they can just play community made ones instead.

Wish more game developers and publishers would take Valves approach and let the community produce content for them, I think Gabe Newell even said that one of their biggest focuses with Source 2.0 is in making the content creation tools even better. It really is a win/win... Players get tons of free content while valve makes lots of money on their marketplace.

Dragon Age Orgins: Awakening and Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare don't need the vanilla game, C&C: Red Alert 3 Uprising is another I think. Hard to think of any beyond that off the top of my head and certainly not for a competitive FPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

any one here use a vpn to order from the mexican origin 599.99 peso for deluxe 32 euro is this possible lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Won't be long now....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Won't be long now....

There will be a 24 hour live stream on Twitch from the 11th by the lads who do the call of duty marathons, so will get to watch that until my Amazon delivery arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    There will be a 24 hour live stream on Twitch from the 11th by the lads who do the call of duty marathons, so will get to watch that until my Amazon delivery arrives.

You will be seeing quite a few youtube videos before that, the folks in the U.A.E have once again got games released early, Dark Souls 2 came out yesterday as well.

BiM6VjMCEAAwwEL.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Xenji wrote: »
    You will be seeing quite a few youtube videos before that, the folks in the U.A.E have once again got games released early, Dark Souls 2 came out yesterday as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Is there any form of single player in this? Or offline play.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

cloud493 wrote: »
    Is there any form of single player in this? Or offline play.

It's all multiplayer. All competitive multiplayer as well as far as I know.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Saw a news item earlier that said that the XBone day 1 patch is 840 MB, so worth keeping in mind if you're too silly to move to a part of the country with real internets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

If you're going digital on Xbox one, the download is just over 16 gig , includess the patch
    http://t.co/XPUDMFgiy9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

If you're going digital on Xbox one, the download is just over 16 gig , includess the patch
    http://t.co/XPUDMFgiy9

My internet speed averaging between 2 and 4mb so some how I don't think I,l be getting titian fall bundle :( imagine downloading that 16gig

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

brady12 wrote: »
    My internet speed averaging between 2 and 4mb so some how I don't think I,l be getting titian fall bundle :( imagine downloading that 16gig

Couple of minutes maybe, tad slow tonight.

3357809494.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

dreamers75 wrote: »

3357809494.png

Mother.of.god

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

dreamers75 wrote: »

3357809494.png

the cabinet must be inside your house:pac: did you rob it;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Erm, that's standard UPC folks. I'm on the 100Mb package and I get this:

3358780634.png

If you need tubes and aren't prepared to move to a part of the country where you can get them, there's only one person to blame... :) This is one of the reasons why I don't live in Mayo anymore.

I'm actually cancelling my UPC cause they have such an appalling connection to Twitch.tv (they don't have peering set up with them) and my 20Mb DSL connection from Magnet gave me much, much better quality of stream from Twitch.

But I digress, 2 days to go and I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into this game. I don't know if I've looked forward to a game as much in quite a while.

Advertisement