Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Shiminay wrote: »
    If you need tubes and aren't prepared to move to a part of the country where you can get them, there's only one person to blame...

I know you are saying this in a jovial fashion but you have said it twice in your last two posts and it's bollox. I live in a built up area. People 500 metres from me have fibre and I do not because of........no valid reason. I am not the person to blame for this. It's laziness on the part of the providers. I'm not living in the arsehole of nowhere and im surrounded by people with high speed internet that I cannot avail of and have to struggle with 4 meg. It's infuriating. So stop saying that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Erm, that's standard UPC folks. I'm on the 100Mb package and I get this:

If you need tubes and aren't prepared to move to a part of the country where you can get them, there's only one person to blame... :) This is one of the reasons why I don't live in Mayo anymore.

I'm actually cancelling my UPC cause they have such an appalling connection to Twitch.tv (they don't have peering set up with them) and my 20Mb DSL connection from Magnet gave me much, much better quality of stream from Twitch.

But I digress, 2 days to go and I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into this game. I don't know if I've looked forward to a game as much in quite a while.

Not many people have the luxury of relocating just to get faster broadband. Not sure if you're serious but if you are it's the most ridiculous post in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

What kind of individual up sticks and leaves purely for the sake of faster broadband?

That's the strangest reason to move I've ever heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    What kind of individual up sticks and leaves purely for the sake of faster broadband?

What is stranger still is why would anyone leave UPC to join that crowd of dicks at Magnet, worst company I have ever dealt with.

Edit - I have Fibre in Mayo, have had it for well over a year now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Erm, that's standard UPC folks. I'm on the 100Mb package and I get this:

3358780634.png

If you need tubes and aren't prepared to move to a part of the country where you can get them, there's only one person to blame... :) This is one of the reasons why I don't live in Mayo anymore.

I'm actually cancelling my UPC cause they have such an appalling connection to Twitch.tv (they don't have peering set up with them) and my 20Mb DSL connection from Magnet gave me much, much better quality of stream from Twitch.

But I digress, 2 days to go and I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into this game. I don't know if I've looked forward to a game as much in quite a while.

I'm sorry I forgot about the thousands of euros I had hidden in my bank account too just get up and move where I please :pac: seriously ridiculous post

edit: I live in D12 and the highest connection I can get in my area is 20mb, currently waiting for eircom fibre which they said would be here last novemeber

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Xenji wrote: »
    What is stranger still is why would anyone leave UPC to join that crowd of dicks at Magnet, worst company I have ever dealt with.

Really? I find magnet grand, used to be with eircom and they're the worst company in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

krudler wrote: »
    Really? I find magnet grand, used to be with eircom and they're the worst company in the world

Had a pretty bad experience with them, between false advertising, throttling and a terrible connection, the main thing that got me was when they basically laughed at me down the phone, got out of the contract by pointing out they were breaking EU law, they got every quiet and helpful after that, but it was too late.

Work has being done in my house so I had to go to a apartment for 3 months and did not want a contract, so went with Magnet, was never so happy to get back to my Fibre connection from Eircom. In fairness though it seems that everyone has vastly different experiences with most providers.

Anyway, way off topic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

_Redzer_ wrote: »

Jesus christ read his post. He said it was ONE of the reasons, and then you jump to conclusions saying he moved "purely for the sake of faster broadband" :rolleyes:

Tbh it is something I would definitely consider too if I was moving to a different area.

But yeah, back on topic. I'm still not buying this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Anybody haven any idea where I can get a code of the pc version? Origin is having a laugh at the prices it's charging.

Cheapest I've found around €33 quid. Not sure when your get the code though.

Waiting in fiber myself, meant to be in town since last July. Half the town got it and the other half didn't. Meh. My 20mg is grand for what I need it. It's the throttling that's pissing me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Xenji wrote: »
    What is stranger still is why would anyone leave UPC to join that crowd of dicks at Magnet

Afaik, UPC have peering/routing issues - sometimes taking a straggled route to the destination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Anybody haven any idea where I can get a code of the pc version? Origin is having a laugh at the prices it's charging.

Waiting in fiber myself, meant to be in town since last July. Half the town got it and the other half didn't. Meh. My 20mg is grand for what I need it. It's the throttling that's pissing me off.

Check all the normal key selling sites you should be able to get it for less than 40 quid. Most dispatch the key by email within a few days.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Check all the normal key selling sites you should be able to get it for less than 40 quid. Most dispatch the key by email within a few days.

Sub 40 would be expected, don't fancy getting it cheap and waiting a day or two after the 11th :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Most key sites ive used have emailed the game key the day of release.

Pity as it rules out pre loading with origin but you still get the key day of release in my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

If you need tubes and aren't prepared to move to a part of the country where you can get them, there's only one person to blame... :)

Wow, just....Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

This is the cheapest ive found it,bout the same at €32 but if you check the comments the site says they will deliver the key in time for preloading which is a nice bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

MadYaker wrote: »
    Jesus christ read his post. He said it was ONE of the reasons, and then you jump to conclusions saying he moved "purely for the sake of faster broadband" :rolleyes:

Tbh it is something I would definitely consider too if I was moving to a different area.

But yeah, back on topic. I'm still not buying this game.

I was speaking generally, not referring to him. Perhaps take your own advice and read my post.

He said if you're after faster broadband, move, or you've nobody else to blame but yourself. A ridiculous comment.

And although good broadband would be a consideration for me too, it actually would rank pretty low on the list of practicalities, behind good area/location, proximity to work, distance to the city centre/other amenities, and so on.
    I wouldn't live in a bad area, undesirable property just because I had fantastic broadband.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

FFS folks, bitta perspective, eh?

We all have different priorities in where we live - proper tubes is the top of my list because I can afford for it to be - I work online (so it's an immediate priority), I have no kids (schools aren't a factor), I work in Dublin city centre (so getting to my office is easy) and I live alone so a small place is grand. If you think I'm seriously suggesting that you should move because you can't get internets then step away from the computer and take a breath cause I thought I was quite obviously just messing about with my fellow gamers - but obviously it wasn't clear, so if any of you were offended by my poking fun, then I apologise.

If you want some people to actually blame for the shocking state of our telecoms infrastructure then Eamonn Ryan, former Minister of Communications who signed the most appalling broadband provider in the country, Three up as the "National Broadband Provider" and the collective heads of Eircom in the 90's and 00's who have continued to faff about with the national copper infrastructure and keep us in the internet equivalent of the dark ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

I've UPC in Maynooth and fastest we've gotten is 30Mb/s (on a 150 package), which is kinda bad as they said we're getting upgraded to 200Mb/s soon, and I know we won't get that...anyways, back on topic :P
    EoinHef wrote: »
    Most key sites ive used have emailed the game key the day of release.

Pity as it rules out pre loading with origin but you still get the key day of release in my experience

I ordered a key from Kinguin, and it's the same thing of "key on release date", which means I can't preload either. Guess that's the price you pay for saving a few quid.

Don't expect it at midnight on the dot either, it can apparently take the publisher a few hours to send out the keys to various sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

FFS folks, bitta perspective, eh?

We all have different priorities in where we live - proper tubes is the top of my list because I can afford for it to be - I work online (so it's an immediate priority), I have no kids (schools aren't a factor), I work in Dublin city centre (so getting to my office is easy) and I live alone so a small place is grand. If you think I'm seriously suggesting that you should move because you can't get internets then step away from the computer and take a breath cause I thought I was quite obviously just messing about with my fellow gamers - but obviously it wasn't clear, so if any of you were offended by my poking fun, then I apologise.

If you want some people to actually blame for the shocking state of our telecoms infrastructure then Eamonn Ryan, former Minister of Communications who signed the most appalling broadband provider in the country, Three up as the "National Broadband Provider" and the collective heads of Eircom in the 90's and 00's who have continued to faff about with the national copper infrastructure and keep us in the internet equivalent of the dark ages.

You hurted my feelings, I am rather sensitive due to my terribly slow broadband.

Apology accepted :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Tons of videos from the full release game here.

http://t.co/XR7AxApOTi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Getting excited for Thursday now! :D

...if only I didn't have an exam on Friday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm going to stop watching vids myself, don't want any more spoilers than I've seen already!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

delta36 wrote: »
    I've UPC in Maynooth and fastest we've gotten is 30Mb/s (on a 150 package), which is kinda bad as they said we're getting upgraded to 200Mb/s soon, and I know we won't get that...anyways, back on topic :P

If you are using WiFi to the modem than 30-35Mb/s is the highest you will ever get. You need a wired connection to the modem to get over 30Mb/s.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

If you are using WiFi to the modem than 30-35Mb/s is the highest you will ever get. You need a wired connection to the modem to get over 30Mb/s.
    I get 65mb/s on wireless from my UPC router when using my XB1. For gaming I'll always recommend wired access if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Depends on the wireless adaptor in your Xbox One, PC or PS4.

I think a G adaptor is capable of up to 60mb/s speed so if Router and adaptor is G and your service provider is capable of hitting that then you should hit 60mb/s.

But if your provider is capable of providing more than that via wired then it'll be faster with wired.

Pretty sure it's all bound b the technology in your router and wireless adaptor in your machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

http://mobile.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/netsp/802-11ac-wi-fi-gets-speed-boost-to-7-gbps.html

The 802.11ac is the fastest in the market I'm pretty sure. Speed is phenomenal. But need the same technology in the router and internet speed to be that high for it to reach that level. Just means that you won't lose any speed compared to wired via that.

Loss of data package might be a different thing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That was true in the past but not anymore. Most quality Wireless N routers you can buy in the shops now come with 5ghz band so 30-35mb/s is not the highest you will ever get using wireless. Using the 2.4ghz and 5 you can get about 100mb/s :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Thought it was released on the 11th?

Same here, turns out it's the 11th in the US and 13th here.

Don't really get the point of the split dates on PC for a title that the vast majority are going to download.

So any ideas how to get around this? VPN's or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

So any ideas how to get around this? VPN's or something?

Could be a region switch on the console or maybe a combo of VPN and region switch.

Advertisement