Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 xfireblade

delta36 wrote: »
    Getting excited for Thursday now! :D

...if only I didn't have an exam on Friday :(

Thursday? Is it not out Friday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

xfireblade wrote: »
    Thursday? Is it not out Friday?

Thursday night midnight release

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Same here, turns out it's the 11th in the US and 13th here.

Don't really get the point of the split dates on PC for a title that the vast majority are going to download.

Probably let the US test it for us for 2 days and then pop a patch in a launch for us :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Is it just download or is there a disc?

Is the game all based in online multiplayer, I heard the campaign is a multiplayer style. A load of big battles and the like.

• Advertisement

srumball wrote: »
    Is the game all based in online multiplayer, I heard the campaign is a multiplayer style. A load of big battles and the like.

Correct

http://m.ie.ign.com/wikis/titanfall/Campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

When are the reviews out? I presume there is an embargo in place

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    When are the reviews out? I presume there is an embargo in place

Loads up on YouTube from gamers like alia

Any prices on the X1 version?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

21b18e6b0534eeaa9e006d74224bb507.gif

:)

• Advertisement

Will it be weird without some sort of progression in the levels though?

Could get boring if it is just, kill the enemy team or capture this area of the map....

Anyone? Does it come on disc?

Anyone? Does it come on disc?

YES

http://www.titanfall.com/buy/pc

OK no one answered first time

Sorry mate, caps lock! I would call up your local retailer to make sure they will have them. As they will be selling codes in game cases also. So do double check

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

You're my post count twin.
    srumball wrote: »
    Sorry mate, caps lock! I would call up your local retailer to make sure they will have them. As they will be selling codes in game cases also. So do double check

Only 4 more posts and we'll be post count triplets.

It's a slow day...

You're my post count twin.

Only 4 more posts and we'll be post count triplets.

It's a slow day...

Working on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Respawn confirms Titanfall ships at 792p on Xbox One
    Titanfall launches at the same "792p" resolution as the beta code released last month, according to reports that surfaced over the weekend, and officially confirmed by Respawn lead engineer Richard Baker during a recent interview with Digital Foundry.

He also mentions that they may look to increase the resolution post-launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Thanks to those who posted about wireless speeds, but I only get 50Mb/s on a wired connection anyway :P

So according to this, it's playable in Ireland at 23:00 UTC. I did realise however, that as it launches on the 11th in the US, key sites will probably have keys to give out then, which means those of us who ordered that way should still be able to pre-load!

Edit:
    Also, is there a list of Titanfall PC players, as opposed to Origin users? Can't see one.

delta36 wrote: »
    Thanks to those who posted about wireless speeds, but I only get 50Mb/s on a wired connection anyway :P

So according to this, it's playable in Ireland at 23:00 UTC. I did realise however, that as it launches on the 11th in the US, key sites will probably have keys to give out then, which means those of us who ordered that way should still be able to pre-load!

Edit:
    Also, is there a list of Titanfall PC players, as opposed to Origin users? Can't see one.

If you have it pre loaded already you can play it! I wont post how but google it

• Advertisement

Reviews are cropping up

OXM 9/10
    Venturebeat 82/100
    Polygon 9/10
    EGM 10/10
    Gamespot 9/10
    Rev3 5/5
    IGN Norway 8.1/10

I have only read the Polygon review so far but the note regarding the review event and how they were running on 'retail servers' was disconcerting. Hopefully, the servers Joe Public will be using are up to snuff.

EDIT: MOAR!

Videogamer 8/10
    Gamereactor 9/10
    Gamersglobal 8.5
    Gamesradar 4/5
    Joystiq 4.5/5
    Gameblog 4/5
    Metro GameCentral 9/10
    Gametrailers 9.3/10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Some great reviews there. Really looking forward to this game.

To balance the reviews, we have this from Giantbomb

TitanFall framerate in mech combat is not fixed in retail code for XBO
    The frame rate in Titanfall is uneven on the Xbox One and though it's usually fine, it can get downright nasty in specific situations. In one Last Titan Standing match--where every player spawns in a robot suit--several players crammed their mechs into a tight area and began duking it out, and the frame rate dived down to what must have been single digits per second. Even out in wider areas, the game feels a little hitchy from time to time, and there's noticeable tearing throughout. The visuals in Titanfall look nice, but that's mostly due to some solid art and interesting design, not the performance. As of this writing, I haven't seen enough of the PC version to know how well it runs.

Disappointing for those getting it on XBO but will hopefully be patched along with the resolution.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Seems like the MP campaign is pretty woeful - 'laughably awful' according to Gamecentral's otherwise overwhelmingly positive review.

Sounds good, and (selfishly) encouraged to hear the suggestions it doesn't gain a whole lot from next gen delivery - here's hoping the 360 version isn't a complete bust, as it will be nice to have it lined up for post Dark Souls play.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Dammit, why was I so hasty in ordering from G2play? Looks like they won't be sending keys out until the 13th at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Dammit, why was I so hasty in ordering from G2play? Looks like they won't be sending keys out until the 13th at the earliest.

Because you probably only had to pay a few buttons from old coats, they are sooo cheap:)

Think of it this way, you would pay a hell of a lot more for it on XBox and still only get it day of release:)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭InvisibleBadger

I got my key from G2Play a couple of hours ago. I ordered in Jan.
    The only problem now is the 50GB download...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

The only problem now is the 50GB download...

The download should be about 20GB, when its installed it will take up 50GB HDD space so not quite as bad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I see BF4 has changed the way some companies are doing their reviews.

Eurogamer
    Editor's note: Starting with Titanfall, we have decided to delay the full review of online-only games until we have been able to play them extensively on fully populated public servers, where the experience may be different to the controlled conditions available before a game is released.

Although big enough and positive review, just no score.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-10-titanfall-launch-review

Advertisement