Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Was starting to get a bit worried EA had forgotten about us, but the UPS guy just arrived

1966106_226089997581798_537891973_o.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Anyone bought the code from Amazon UK? Does it allow you to pre-load the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

MS have stated since last week that you can't pre load the game on 360 or X1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

MS have stated since last week that you can't pre load the game on X1.
    Getting it on PC though.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,282 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Seems like the MP campaign is pretty woeful - 'laughably awful' according to Gamecentral's otherwise overwhelmingly positive review.

Sounds good, and (selfishly) encouraged to hear the suggestions it doesn't gain a whole lot from next gen delivery - here's hoping the 360 version isn't a complete bust, as it will be nice to have it lined up for post Dark Souls play.

Have they released anything about the 360 version at all and whether its much different? I'm dying to play this but can't afford to shell out for a new console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I got my key from G2Play a couple of hours ago. I ordered in Jan.
    The only problem now is the 50GB download...

Yea I just went to preload, disk space required 49.9GB :eek:

Have to move a bunch of Steam games to the external.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Have they released anything about the 360 version at all and whether its much different? I'm dying to play this but can't afford to shell out for a new console.

It is being developed by Bluepoint Games ( known mostly for their PS3 HD ports ) and has been delayed, nothing more really has came out about it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mickeroo wrote: »

Nothing, effectively, other then that its being ported by Bluepoint Games - who, thankfully, have a very strong porting record, although usually upgrades rather than downgrades :pac: Still, reconfiguring software seems to be their specialty, so cause for cautious optimism.

Still a wait and see, but encouraged by the fact that a few reviews say it could probably have been handled on previous gen consoles (obviously with the necessary graphical compromises). I don't have a PC capable of running it, but would love to give it a go and happy to put up with the inferior version if it plays well. It's either a complete disaster or it's perfectly acceptable & Microsoft (understandably) want to focus attention on what, for some people, will be an Xbox One system seller. A decent 360 version is hardly the best advertisement for a hardware upgrade :pac:

Servers struggling already... I hope they've just not got everything turned on properly yet

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

COYVB wrote: »
    Servers struggling already... I hope they've just not got everything turned on properly yet

This on Xbox or PC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Nothing, effectively, other then that its being ported by Bluepoint Games - who, thankfully, have a very strong porting record, although usually upgrades rather than downgrades :pac: Still, reconfiguring software seems to be their specialty, so cause for cautious optimism.

Still a wait and see, but encouraged by the fact that a few reviews say it could probably have been handled on previous gen consoles (obviously with the necessary graphical compromises). I don't have a PC capable of running it, but would love to give it a go and happy to put up with the inferior version if it plays well. It's either a complete disaster or it's perfectly acceptable & Microsoft (understandably) want to focus attention on what, for some people, will be an Xbox One system seller. A decent 360 version is hardly the best advertisement for a hardware upgrade :pac:

Will be interesting, it wouldn't be great PR for XB1 if there wasn't a pretty big difference between the two console versions. Especially with some reports on FPS issues during intense firefights on the XB1.

Seems to be getting good reviews so far, not exactly 10's across the board but high 80's which is what i expected. Probably pick it up next week sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

FPS hitches are only in Last Titan Standing mode. Every other mode is fine.

Tbh, having 10 titans on screen at the same time wont happen in any other mode so that mode needs its own graphical settings and optimisations or else it will be an FPS trainwreck. It's something they should have considered.

delta36 wrote: »
    This on Xbox or PC?
    Xbox

May have been my router crapping out actually... which has never happened before. Wifi just stopped working after slowing to a crawl

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

May have been my router crapping out actually... which has never happened before. Wifi just stopped working after slowing to a crawl

Its not a belkin router, is it?
    They were having trouble with Titanfall servers and these routers during the beta.

Which server region are you on, North America?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Sure the games not out officially till midnight in the USA, or about 8am tomorrow our time. The digital downloads are in line with the different time zones as well. Respawn have already said that service may be spotty right up to launch as they'll be messing around with the servers.

Sure the games not out officially till midnight in the USA, or about 8am tomorrow our time. The digital downloads are in line with the different time zones as well. Respawn have already said that service may be spotty right up to launch as they'll be messing around with the servers.

Edit, I'm taking a complete flyer at the times....

http://t.co/kTepCSbUSu

Info on the hopefully improved resolution in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

http://t.co/kTepCSbUSu

Info on the hopefully improved resolution in the future.

I don't think it will get to 1080p from what giantbomb were saying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

So which retailers are doing midnight launches? According to xtravision there is no plans for a midnight launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

New parts for my PC ready for collection at my local Parcel Motel depot :D

Just have to find out how to get a key that will delivery asap

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just have to find out how to get a key that will delivery asap

Let me know if you find one. Wouldn't mind having this ready to go for Friday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Lucreto wrote: »
    I don't think it will get to 1080p from what giantbomb were saying

Dropping MSAA for FXAA will give a big boost in performance so it might be possible. I'm surprised they didn't use FXAA from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Lucreto wrote: »
    So which retailers are doing midnight launches? According to xtravision there is no plans for a midnight launch.

I have never done a midnight launch but I'd be interested in this information too. Dark souls II and Titanfall on the same night would make it worth my while.
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Dropping MSAA for FXAA will give a big boost in performance so it might be possible. I'm surprised they didn't use FXAA from the start.

FXAA has issues with text. It also does virtually nothing for thin items when in motion...like powerlines or perhaps the GUI lines that come out of your gun. They would look rather jaggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Has anyone heard what the pricing will be like over here? It will be interesting to see if there is a price difference between the digital copy and hard copy. I'm getting it on the One, but have not prebooked it anywhere.

Downloading now on the Xbox One :D

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

Downloading now on the Xbox One :D

I'll wait until Friday as ive already €60 in my account, not spending more on $50 card just to get in from the US account!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Just arrived in the post :D

BicURpnIUAEekyl.jpg

• Advertisement

dricko_lim wrote: »
    I'll wait until Friday as ive already €60 in my account, not spending more on $50 card just to get in from the US account!

Didn't need to do that. I used my AIB debit card. :D

Advertisement