Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

foxerv1 wrote: »
    So this is available on xb1 by changing region? Will this cause any problems down the road? Any chance of a ban?

I am sure there is a chance of a ban but I highly doubt it. Across most gaming forums that even MS frequent they talk about how to download games from the US store. I'd expect them to issue a warning if it became an issue.

KilOit wrote: »
    They will never do this. Imagine banning players that decided to actually buy the game instead of downloading it.

If like Steam they only don't like people paying with dollars when they change their VPN or some other cheaper currency

On PC I'd have no fear of a ban but on Xbox, well I wouldn't take the chance given how much they like to ban accounts and consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I think the bans before were only because people were switching regions to take advantage games that were being given out free.

I caved and switched region this morning, was at 20% before I left for work. Time to try and get fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

I activated the game using a US vpn, then played as normal with my irish ip, no vpn :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I am sure there is a chance of a ban but I highly doubt it. Across must gaming forums that even MS frequent they talk about how to download games from the US store. I'd expect them to issue a warning if it became an issue.

I'll tell em it was you that led us all astray :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I am sure there is a chance of a ban but I highly doubt it. Across must gaming forums that even MS frequent they talk about how to download games from the US store. I'd expect them to issue a warning if it became an issue.

Right, well job done. Off to Gorey for some wedding suits now though :o

Tag in sig if anyone wants a blast later

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If i get my key today, i'm gonna try and activate it tonight. Would like to get a few games in, as i can't see myself playing it too much this weekend with Dark Souls 2 out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Shiminay wrote: »
    So after 2.5 hours it finally finished installing and was all video artifacty glitchy when I started playing. Installing the current AMD beta drivers now so fingers crossed...

Both amd and nvidia rolled out new drivers yesterday for the game . I would tell anyone to install them if they want to play it . I had to spend a half hour last night modifying inf files for the nvidia drivers to get them to install on my laptop . I should be ready to play tonight .

On the subject of bans I think it's stupid to ban people for playing early . They should have released the game all around the world at the same time . I mean by the time they would have done a world wide release they would have time to fix issues because of time zones .

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-12-titanfall-runs-into-problems-on-pc-with-error-503

Looks like it's not working on PC at all right now. Hope this isn't another Battlefield 4.

Kiith wrote: »
    If i get my key today, i'm gonna try and activate it tonight. Would like to get a few games in, as i can't see myself playing it too much this weekend with Dark Souls 2 out.

It took me 3 hours last night to download and install it on PC . Origin was flying I was hitting 12.5 MB a second .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Yeah was surprised at how quick it took, had never gotten download speeds so high!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I hate to say it but the lag free sessions aint the same as it was during beta.

I'm hoping to **** that it is down to the fact that I'm being matched with lots of US players at the mo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

miju wrote: »

I'm hoping to **** that it is down to the fact that I'm being matched with lots of US players at the mo

Wasn't there an option in the beta to tell it what region to connect to?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, I tried firing it up this morning for a quick bash before heading into work - was hit with that 503 error. Frustrating. Hope it's fixed by the time I get home from work.

calex71 wrote: »
    Wasn't there an option in the beta to tell it what region to connect to?

There still is so it will connect to EU servers by default but it then either migrates you or other players to fill up a game if a game cant be found.

Which is why I'm giving benefit of doubt at the min

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That and the fact that you may be playing through a VPN would do it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just watching a few videos today, is the auto aim pistol still in there? Is that not kind of overpowered (not to mention stupid)?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

There still is so it will connect to EU servers by default but it then either migrates you or other players to fill up a game if a game cant be found.

Which is why I'm giving benefit of doubt at the min

It'll be interesting to see what things are like on friday night when everyone has it. I didnt get to play as much last night as I was somewhat distracted, but my initial thoughts on the campaign were that if you were to mute the volume, you'd never know you were playing it, apart from a cutscene of sorts at the start its just talking heads. a bit odd that it doesn't seem to matter whether or not you win or lose the match, you just progress regardless.

that being said, the maps I saw were very varied, so the long term possibilities look bright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Just watching a few videos today, is the auto aim pistol still in there? Is that not kind of overpowered (not to mention stupid)?

TBH I like it.

1. it makes the pistol a weapon you might actually use, rather than a last resort.
    2. the lack of precision when using analog sticks is overcome with its aiming method.
    3. while killing grunts is relatively easy with it, using it against another pilot takings a second or two longer to get a lock, which is a long time in such a fast-paced game.

If you get put into a lobby of people using it the shotgun with lead wall does wonders . That's my counter to the smart pistol in titanfall .

• Advertisement

Its probably been nerfed since the beta. I used it for a few rounds to see had it changed. It wasn't any where near as lethal and stupid as the beta.

I dislike the gun also. I Didn't come across many people playing with it yesterday.

The smart pistol is quite nicely balanced I think - you need to get really close to get the lock on and chances are if someone's getting that close and you haven't spotted them, it won't matter what weapon they have, you're getting blapped.

I didn't bother with it myself after a while of playing the beta, it wasn't my style.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Anyone had any issues with the 43euro method? no Problems switching back to ireland?

You have to complete campaign multiplayer to unlock all the Titans.

You get the Atlas Titan by default but the others have to be unlocked. The last titan to unlock is the Orge Titan, you get it when you complete the campaign mode from both sides of the campaign, Militia and IMC.

bleh, hate that. Battlefield 4 was the same, you had to play through that fking awful campaign to unlock a selection of weapons. What annoyed me most is that they made me sit through unskippable credits 3 fking times after the final part of the game.

Nolars wrote: »
    Anyone had any issues with the 43euro method? no Problems switching back to ireland?

Nope, surprisingly quick to switch and then good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

It'll be interesting to see what things are like on friday night when everyone has it. I didnt get to play as much last night as I was somewhat distracted, but my initial thoughts on the campaign were that if you were to mute the volume, you'd never know you were playing it, apart from a cutscene of sorts at the start its just talking heads. a bit odd that it doesn't seem to matter whether or not you win or lose the match, you just progress regardless.

The "campaign" sounds a lot like NFS rivals. Tacked on cut scenes that don't really have any bearing on the game.

While I enjoyed NFS, and I'm sure I'll enjoy this, I don't want to see many games going that route.

Can't wait to get home and get stuck in to this. Didn't get any real time with the beta so expect to be getting my ass kicked for a while.

That and the fact that you may be playing through a VPN would do it.

Not playing through a VPN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I Don't see the appeal with this at all.

Looks like just another FPS except with added mechs.

Am i missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 Paracord

Anyone being asked to put their card details in on the american version again? Is that normal? How are you guys getting around the billing address? Just typing anything in?

Advertisement