Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Taylor365 wrote: »
    I Don't see the appeal with this at all.

Looks like just another FPS except with added mechs.

Am i missing something?

D'you know, you're right in a basic sense. But it's the way it's delivered that makes it so much fun to play (for me at least). I'd recommend that anyone who enjoyed CoD or Tribes try and get a chance to play it to see if they like it and if they don't, then that's cool -no harm done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Am i missing something?

That's pretty much it. Not my thing either, but objectively it looks like a good effort to make FPS games fun and accessible again. It's probably being hyped a bit much because it's the first really big next gen release, but then again if I was into games like this I'd be pretty excited to play it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Just got my key from G2Play.net, the download speeds on Origin are fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

That's pretty much it. Not my thing either, but objectively it looks like a good effort to make FPS games fun and accessible again. It's probably being hyped a bit much because it's the first really big next gen release, but then again if I was into games like this I'd be pretty excited to play it too.

Theres something about it that feels very fresh, I cant describe it, or quite put my finger on it, but it just 'feels' good. the pilot movement in intuitive and natural, and the titans arent as slow or overpowering as you'd imagine. it lends itself to a lot of different tactics imo. It also feels very balanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Theres something about it that feels very fresh, I cant describe it, or quite put my finger on it, but it just 'feels' good. the pilot movement in intuitive and natural, and the titans arent as slow or overpowering as you'd imagine. it lends itself to a lot of different tactics imo. It also feels very balanced.

If you ask me what makes it feel fresh is down to the fact it's fun to play . When you have that in a game you really can't go wrong playing it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

If you ask me what makes it feel fresh is down to the fact it's fun to play . When you have that in a game you really can't go wrong playing it .

You have a point. The main thing about this game is simplicity. Most new FPS are overcomplicated. Games like BF4 with massive multiplayer maps look great, and I like the idea of big maps but at the same time I spent most of the time running towards where the action is, then I get killed, spawn, and start running again.

This game is great fun, run and gun pure and simple...

Cant wait to get home and play

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Am i missing something?

Playing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Can confirm changing to us then switching back to uk (for kinect voice commands) works with my Irish Xbox one and live. Playing titanfall as we speak and love it!
    Great price too, may buy some other games on us store

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Playing it?
    Don't think i will be.

Enjoy though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Sooo tempted buy an xbox one and this and absolutely break myself € wise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Nelbert wrote: »
    Can confirm changing to us then switching back to uk (for kinect voice commands) works with my Irish Xbox one and live. Playing titanfall as we speak and love it!
    Great price too, may buy some other games on us store

I have to say that I bought the game this morning from the US shop.

I was a bit worried of what might happen in the future but for 40 euro I really dont care.

The only concern is whether or not to buy the season pass as I have the feeling they might start capping this US shopping trick in the near future and I am not sure if games bought in the US will either stop working or will work with European/irish season passes...

only 1 hour to go home... can't wait

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Isn't it a sign of how fking absurd this whole staggered release nonsense is that the last number of pages of this thread have been taken up with workarounds on how to get stuck into the game ahead of the "release date."

It's such a load of utter sh1te that this sort of thing continues in a global marketplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Shiminay wrote: »
    Isn't it a sign of how fking absurd this whole staggered release nonsense is that the last number of pages of this thread have been taken up with workarounds on how to get stuck into the game ahead of the "release date."

It's such a load of utter sh1te that this sort of thing continues in a global marketplace.

In fairness I saved €20 this way. From that point of view long may the idiocy continue but I agree same day worldwide should be standard now (although server load may have been a concern for this game specifically).

Nelbert wrote: »
    In fairness I saved €20 this way. From that point of view long may the idiocy continue but I agree same day worldwide should be standard now (although server load may have been a concern for this game specifically).

I don't really buy the whole server load thing though . I mean the game is released in stages . You work your way around the world so the servers should never be fully populated . It's not like they didn't get a chance to test the servers during the beta because that would have given the servers a hammering . I think same day release is the only way forward from here on out .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Got my key from G2Play just now, and it's currently downloading at 20mb/s. Never seen that before.

Should be done by tonight, and i'll hopefully get to play it for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

REALLY enjoying this.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 The Answer

Early doors I know, but there must be a lot of COD players who have picked it up, because near everyone on my team is terrible and quite a few (clearly prepubescents) are screaming down their headsets.

So far, so good with the game overall though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

The Answer wrote: »
    Early doors I know, but there must be a lot of COD players who have picked it up, because near everyone on my team is terrible and quite a few (clearly prepubescents) are screaming down their headsets.

gotta love that mute button
    sadly theirs no button too make teammates play better :(

The Answer wrote: »

In fairness to the cod players the bf players can be just as bad . It all depends on the individual you are playing with .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

I cant play on pc anymore until Friday it seems :(

• Advertisement

Nedved85 wrote: »
    I cant play on pc anymore until Friday it seems :(

How come ? A warning from origin or bad speed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Not sure, it worked last night, i downloaded it as normal with my cd key, set my vpn to usa to activate and set it back to play afterwards, all went ok. Then today i cant play if the vpn is not set. Turn on vpn ==> restart origin and i can play but it wont connect to servers. Turn vpn off and it says i do not have a "token".

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is the official Irish release tonight at 12 or Thursday at 12 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Not sure, it worked last night, i downloaded it as normal with my cd key, set my vpn to usa to activate and set it back to play afterwards, all went ok. Then today i cant play if the vpn is not set. Turn on vpn ==> restart origin and i can play but it wont connect to servers. Turn vpn off and it says i do not have a "token".

I exit origin, log into a korean vpn and once connected start up origin. Now Titanfall is available to play I disconnect and game away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Playing solo atm if anyone wants to team up.In4ab8tin is my GT,feel free to add

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Out of interest... are there many people getting this on PC ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Magill wrote: »

A poll would be good for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Aye preloaded, was gonna VPN it, but I'm gonna leave til Fri, don't have much time until then to get stuck in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Yup, downloaded and ready to go!

• Advertisement

Benzino wrote: »
    Yup, downloaded and ready to go!

Same as !

Advertisement