Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Magill wrote: »
    Out of interest... are there many people getting this on PC ?

I got it on PC. Only played about two hours, enjoying it so far. Didn't get a chance to play the beta, so a bit of catching up to do!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Same here, downloaded and waiting for Friday (or a VPN to unlock it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Yep, fortunately doesn't seem too taxing for my current PC specs either.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Kiith wrote: »
    Same here, downloaded and waiting for Friday (or a VPN to unlock it).

download softether with plugin client..I've at rank 5 already :)

Yeah, just tried it there and it's brilliant. So much fun. Only played one match, but did pretty damn well. Unlocked the 3rd class and Titan. Movement is absolutely brilliant too. The only bad thing, is i thought i was a god for a while, as i was killing people all over the place...then i remembered they were bots :pac:

• Advertisement

Huh, after logging back in, my stats and ranks didn't save. No big deal, as it was only 1 game...but i hope this doesn't keep happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just pre-loaded it, but thought that it would be unlocked at midnight, not midnight tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Friday is the release date for here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Sucks that it's match making only and that you can't choose the map, heard it's being added later but can't understand why they'd release it without it.
    Good fun all the same, only got to rank 10 tonight, only got to play an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Shred

I took myself a little trip over to Amherst NH there and grabbed a copy of this, lovely town, I reckon I'll be back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Ok so. First impressions are great. Finished the militia "campaign" and and first two levels of the IMC version.

It doesn't feel like a campaign at all, maybe I just wasn't paying attention but I've no idea what's supposed to be going on in the story but I don't really care tbh, been having a blast!

Will be on tonight for quite a bit, GT is maxi ni

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

The game is what I expected. Brilliant and lots of fun. I like how simple it is. Weapons, perks everything is straight forward and you can run and gun so there is no need to camp to do well.

I can't wait for the game to be finally released in Ireland/Europe. I am getting paired up with players on 1 or 2 bars all the time which is affecting my gaming experience. Despite that I am really enjoying it. Leveling up is easy, I am level 28 so getting there slowly but surely.

CAn't wait to get back home!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Am currently at Level 48 and about to do my first regeneration, such a real refrshing game to play after suffering BF4 for the last few months

miju wrote: »
    Am currently at Level 48 and about to do my first regeneration, such a real refrshing game to play after suffering BF4 for the last few months

I feel your pain, so glad I dont have to play BF4 again... I was even considering playing ghost.. imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

To the people playing on PC: How does it run and what specs/settings are y'all running it at?

Looking forward to 13 hours from now, hopefully this'll make me put COD behind me for once and all. :P

Level 48? :confused:

Have you been playing non stop since Tuesday?

e_e wrote: »
    To the people playing on PC: How does it run and what specs/settings are y'all running it at?

Runs well for me. Some screen tearing (think Vsync is off), but it runs perfectly at Ultra settings. I've an i5, r9 290 though, so it bloody well should :pac:

It's built in the Source engine, so should be very easy to run.

TBF, I reached level 16 lastnight in about 1 hour's play paying no attention to challenges etc. It seems pretty easy to level up.

maximoose wrote: »
    TBF, I reached level 16 lastnight in about 1 hour's play paying no attention to challenges etc. It seems pretty easy to level up.

I totally agree, unlike some others FPS where leveling up was quite a challenge in this games it seems pretty easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Level 48? :confused:

Have you been playing non stop since Tuesday?

Im 25 after 4 hours play and afaik if you time your burn cards right you can get double xp on challenges

• Advertisement

Ah, didn't realise it would be as quick. Only played two games last night (one of which i lost my exp for some reason), so will get stuck in again later.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

My PC Specs:

i5 2500k (stock)
    8GB RAM
    2 X 1GB 6950s in Crossfire
    mechanical hard disk (unfortunately almost full which doesn't help)
    Win 7 64bit

It's running well, but not spectacularly. The recommended vid settings drop it down to 720 (native res is 1080) and I've had significant artifacting and glitching when I have it in Fullscreen (but it's fine in Windowed) - it was totally unplayable with these glitches. They did however bump other things up that could be turned down, but I'm of the opinion that once the game is playably smooth, I don't really care about looks too much. There's still some tweaking to be done, but I was too keen to get stuck in :D I do have a multi-monitor set-up which does sometimes give games some grief, but I've not currently got my Eyefinity running to stretch to all 3 monitors.

All this means that I need to get some upgrades which I was planning on anyway this year. SSD is top of the list (it makes a monumental difference to Battlefield 4) and then I'm looking at a 770 or 280 - basically a €300 card of some description - whichever is best bang for buck when I go to purchase. Being Source engine, it's a lot more forgiving than BF4 was.

[edit]
    After about 60 mins of play last night I was at lvl 15 or 16 I think. They've captured that "quick and frequent rewards" thing that CoD does so well and that hooks you in so easily :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

So I never got around to getting this on the one from the US the other night and will most likely just wait until midnight tonight.

For those of ye that did get it on the xbox already, how long did it take to download and what size is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

So I never got around to getting this on the one from the US the other night and will most likely just wait until midnight tonight.

For those of ye that did get it on the xbox already, how long did it take to download and what size is it?

16.5 gig and it took me just over an hour and a half.

Yeah took just over an hour for me, not too shabby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Playing a good bit now, getting the odd stutter in game which can be very annoying, if you in a fight then end up in air then on ground and dead all in a second :mad: Its due to my ping going from 40 to 200 but I will put that down to it not being launched here yet officially.

No screen tearing on my rig, fyi I play with a controller and have no issues going head to head with k&m.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Bohrio wrote: »
    I feel your pain, so glad I dont have to play BF4 again... I was even considering playing ghost.. imagine

I feel that pain too, I was same but just couldnt bring myself to do it :eek::eek:
    Level 48? :confused: Have you been playing non stop since Tuesday?

Nope just generally playing , I've a bit of a Titan rodeo addiction though usually taken out between 4 - 8 Titans that way per round which helps boost scores / challenges fast.

Thing is though when you get to level 30 it does start going alot more slowly, Think it's like 60,000 or 80,000 points a level now

16.5 gig and it took me just over an hour and a half.

In the middle if moving house so haven't downloaded the game yet but I've been repeatedly surprised by jut how fast Origin is when downloading games, especially over wifi

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Shiminay wrote: »
    My PC Specs:

i5 2500k (stock)
    8GB RAM
    2 X 1GB 6950s in Crossfire
    mechanical hard disk (unfortunately almost full which doesn't help)
    Win 7 64bit

It's running well, but not spectacularly. The recommended vid settings drop it down to 720 (native res is 1080) and I've had significant artifacting and glitching when I have it in Fullscreen (but it's fine in Windowed) - it was totally unplayable with these glitches. They did however bump other things up that could be turned down, but I'm of the opinion that once the game is playably smooth, I don't really care about looks too much. There's still some tweaking to be done, but I was too keen to get stuck in :D I do have a multi-monitor set-up which does sometimes give games some grief, but I've not currently got my Eyefinity running to stretch to all 3 monitors.

All this means that I need to get some upgrades which I was planning on anyway this year. SSD is top of the list (it makes a monumental difference to Battlefield 4) and then I'm looking at a 770 or 280 - basically a €300 card of some description - whichever is best bang for buck when I go to purchase. Being Source engine, it's a lot more forgiving than BF4 was.

[edit]
    After about 60 mins of play last night I was at lvl 15 or 16 I think. They've captured that "quick and frequent rewards" thing that CoD does so well and that hooks you in so easily :)

Disable your crossfire config and it will play smoothly there is a patch coming for crossfire and sli users . I have 5870 mobility crossfire and it played as you described . I disable the secondary card it runs perfect now .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Nice one, thanks for the tip.

Advertisement