Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Any PC gamers thinking of using a joypad?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

lol, no! What sort of an eejit would you have to be to use the worst possible control method available to a PC player? :p

But seriously, I don't know why you would, you're putting yourself at an immediate disadvantage.

Shiminay wrote: »
    lol, no! What sort of an eejit would you have to be to use the worst possible control method available to a PC player? :p

But seriously, I don't know why you would, you're putting yourself at an immediate disadvantage.

I heard it mentioned that Titanfall has be "optimized" for pc gamers to use a joypad. Wouldnt touch said joypad with a barge poll but still an option i guess

I heard it mentioned that Titanfall has be "optimized" for pc gamers to use a joypad. Wouldnt touch said joypad with a barge poll but still an option i guess

It's quite light on "controls" versus something like BF4, but seriously, mouse and keyboard always.

I'd probably switch to console gaming if they had proper m&k support.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Just finished the militia campaign. Hand on heart, i haven't a clue what happened. Still good fun though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I would have thought the wall running would be more suited for a controller rather than a keyboard and mouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

I would have thought the wall running would be more suited for a controller rather than a keyboard and mouse.
    It's just a case of tapping the space bar with your thumb as you run.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

e_e wrote: »
    It's just a case of tapping the space bar with your thumb as you run.

I mean with controlling the fluid nature of the wall running with jumping different directions in a mater of seconds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

I mean with controlling the fluid nature of the wall running with jumping different directions in a mater of seconds
    Fine for me. Even Mirror's Edge is trickier and I can do that with the keyboard.

Just played 2 games there. A lot of fun and ran very smoothly at 1080p with high settings. Gonna properly dive in tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Any PC gamers thinking of using a joypad?

Played it exclusively with a 360 controller, great fun all together :D

• Advertisement

Archer heavy rockets are fun :D

Right I'm off, Rocked out to CTF mostly. Very enjoyable so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Nah, just have to take games like much more movement intensive shooters Quake or UT as examples of what is possible "movement" wise with a K+M.

Not only does the mouse have a huge role in terms of movement (Its not just about aiming) but just the ability to do multiple things at once (Jump+ Stafe+ Aim + shoot) without have to take your fingers off something is probably one of the main advantages you get over a controller imo. Moving quickly in different directions also favours a keyboard, as you'll typically have a finger each on the left and right keys so you switch between both directions much quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

[ after generation qte="miju;89450211"]I like how when you "regenerate" you start getting 110% XP / points.

I assume it goes up by another .10 when I regenerate qwrinq[/quote]

Yes every generation you add 10% extra bonus xp. You also have certain challenges to complete before you can regenerate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

F****in' great game altogether. Can't stop playing it.

Just checking on some prices, Smyths are selling for €59.99 Xbox 1

Argos = €58.99

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Just checking on some prices, Smyths are selling for €59.99 Xbox 1

Argos = €58.99

€70 f***ing digitally - Joke!

yeah, and the season pass is €25, no way they'll ever get people to go all digital at those rates.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

yeah, and the season pass is €25, no way they'll ever get people to go all digital at those rates.

Unless you buy from US store :)

On another note, they need private lobbies real fast, players I game with is usually between 4 - 12 in a night and theres no way of all gaming together if a team is full, very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

dricko_lim wrote: »
    €70 f***ing digitally - Joke!

Buy it from the US store as discussed in the last few pages ==> €43

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

How come this isn't on Steam?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

weiland79 wrote: »
    How come this isn't on Steam?

It's an EA game. They're all Origin now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah, was just checking my card statement there to see what it ended up as. €43.36. Has anyone been doing this regularly? Seems to be the way to go.

Got another couple of hours in lastnight, loving this game. Must have played "Here be Dragons" 10 fecking times on the IMC campaign, and still haven't got a bloody win for the achievement.

Haven't played outside of the campaign yet so only played attrition and domination, this long weekend shall be put to good use :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Holy crapolla it's 60 quid on Origins. Sorry I'm late to the game but where's the cheapest to pick this up today?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Buy it from the US store as discussed in the last few pages ==> €43

I know but working all week and an 8 week old I'll never have time midweek to play so I said i'd wait until today as I had €60 in my online account and no point spending more on dollars for the US marketplace.

Future games will be bought on the US one! Shocking price :mad:

miju wrote: »
    Unless you buy from US store :)

On another note, they need private lobbies real fast, players I game with is usually between 4 - 12 in a night and theres no way of all gaming together if a team is full, very annoying

They mentioned the following on twitter last night

private matches
    the ability to rename your custom classes / loadouts
    different colour text showing for your party members names.

whats funny is, that these are all features that COD has, its great to see that they're making the effort to please the COD crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

whats funny is, that these are all features that COD has, its great to see that they're making the effort to please the COD crowd.

Not really, the founding members of Respawn made CoD. They are just doing what they know works.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Did they say when these features were coming?

Not really, the founding members of Respawn made CoD. They are just doing what they know works.

the last cod they worked on was MW2, more recent ones made more improvements.

regardless, they could have chosen to be stubborn and push their own vision of the UI in the game. Say what you want about COD, but one thing it does better than most games is the UI. the way friends and parties are handled is excellent too, they give you a list of everyone whos online and its simply a button press to invite them to a game.

@ maximoose, they reckoned the next patch, but no date given.

• Advertisement

I find the wall running to be something I don't even have to think about - jump at the wall the game just switches you into wall mode and you move and higher speed. Press space and you boost off it and carry on. I have 15 years of m&k FPS play under my belt though, so it's all muscle memory in a lot of ways.

There's definitely some practice needed to get super smooth parkour style movement across the map though, it feels really cool when you get from one building across a street to another without missing a beat and you can see that people who are better at it than you are tend to blap you hard.

Advertisement