Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    No its one of the upc cisco ones. My battlefield and fifa14 have the same problem most of the time. All EA. My roommate can play fifa12 on his 360 but can't connect to servers on my fifa, 14

Is NAT type set to Open?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Just discovered by accident on XB1 say xbox prepare for titanfall.

nice touch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

So, im level 20ish... first impressions aren't great. Its fast paced, movement is pretty fun, netcode still feels solid enough and in general its not a bad multiplayer game. However It just feels massively unfinished *for a AAA MP only game that is.

No private servers/offline modes - Which would be really handy in a game that has such an emphasis on movement... being able to just go into a empty server and find all the cool spots and tricks would be awesome. Also not being able to play with just your friends in a lobby is a massive letdown in this day and age.

Maps and guns all sort of feel same-ish to me so far, nothing has really stood out yet... but maybe that'll change with a few more days play. Still don't like the titans... and have a feeling that they sort of lend themselves to making the game very unbalanced at times. I've noticed that a lot of maps go one of two ways... you'll destroy the other team or they'll destroy you.. and i'm pretty sure thats because of the titans and which team gets their titans first.. can probably be countered with some co-ordination but that generally doesn't happen when your playing solo from what I've seen !

Small things like spectating.... why can't we spectate in first person mode when we're dead. It doesn't make any sense since they obviously have the ability to with the kill cam feature already in the game. Customisation is pretty poor too.. you can't even rename your custom classes. Gamemodes are also very thin, am I the only one that would love a "No Titans" mode ?

And is there a way to remove the FPS cap on PC ? Why would they even put a cap on it ????

My rating for the game has probably gone down since the beta... it just doesn't really bring anything new to the table imo and feels like a half finished shooter with not enough polish for what is essentially a full priced multiplayer game. I think a lot of people were expecting Titanfall to be the next "CoD 4" and im sorry... but CoD4 takes a big steaming dump all over it in pretty much every regard.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Magill wrote: »
    So, im level 20ish... first impressions aren't great. Its fast paced, movement is pretty fun, netcode still feels solid enough and in general its not a bad multiplayer game. However It just feels massively unfinished *for a AAA MP only game that is.

No private servers/offline modes - Which would be really handy in a game that has such an emphasis on movement... being able to just go into a empty server and find all the cool spots and tricks would be awesome. Also not being able to play with just your friends in a lobby is a massive letdown in this day and age.

Maps and guns all sort of feel same-ish to me so far, nothing has really stood out yet... but maybe that'll change with a few more days play. Still don't like the titans... and have a feeling that they sort of lend themselves to making the game very unbalanced at times. I've noticed that a lot of maps go one of two ways... you'll destroy the other team or they'll destroy you.. and i'm pretty sure thats because of the titans and which team gets their titans first.. can probably be countered with some co-ordination but that generally doesn't happen when your playing solo from what I've seen !

Small things like spectating.... why can't we spectate in first person mode when we're dead. Customisation is pretty poor too.. you can't even rename your custom classes. It doesn't make any sense since they obviously have the ability to with the kill cam feature already in the game. Gamemodes are also very thin, am I the only one that would love a "No Titans" mode ?

And is there a way to remove the FPS cap on PC ? Why would they even put a cap on it ????

My rating for the game has probably gone down since the beta... it just doesn't really bring anything new to the table imo and feels like a half finished shooter with not enough polish for what is essentially a full priced multiplayer game. I think a lot of people were expecting Titanfall to be the next "CoD 4" and im sorry... but CoD4 takes a big steaming dump all over it in pretty much every regard.

Pretty much my impressions of the beta hence why i didnt bother buying it.
    A couple of guys i game with bought it and reckon they wont be playing it longterm.

I havent played the finished game so cant really comment but watched quite a few live streams and i got the same vibe watching as i did playing the beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Sent a couple of ye friend invites on Origin, Benzino09. Looking forward to seeing ya online!

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    Pretty much my impressions of the beta hence why i didnt bother buying it.
    A couple of guys i game with bought it and reckon they wont be playing it longterm.

I havent played the finished game so cant really comment but watched quite a few live streams and i got the same vibe watching as i did playing the beta.

If you've played the beta... you've pretty much played the game. I haven't noticed any changes since, besides the other maps obviously (Which aren't really all that unique).

I've a feeling in 4 or 5 months the games player numbers will start to dwindle (On PC i think it'll be MUCH sooner than that) and all the CoD/BF crowd will be itching like crazy for a new CoD(Which has the same 4-5 month cycles before they get bored and want a new game) or Battlefield. It just seems to be the way with modern shooters...they don't have that lasting appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Small things like spectating.... why can't we spectate in first person mode when we're dead. It doesn't make any sense since they obviously have the ability to with the kill cam feature already in the game. Customisation is pretty poor too.. you can't even rename your custom classes. Gamemodes are also very thin, am I the only one that would love a "No Titans" mode ?

I agree with you. The game lacks of all the new multiplayer experience CoD of BF has, like private lobbies, more custom class options, etc.

But if you compare this game to Ghost or BF4 with all their perks, motion sensors, recon, sit rep etc well it will lose, but if you compare it "funwise" nor BF4 or Ghost stand a chance. In fact, I played Ghost for 1 week before giving up on it and BF4 was the worst experience I have ever had in a game bugwise (the game had the potential but it just wasnt ready).

If you compare this game to MW or even MW2 well that's a different story. I wish I could play MW but unfortunately IW made sure none of the "older" Call of Duty games are playable as ALL OF THEM are hacked.

Also remember, this game will only get better (hopefully), we will be seeing new weapons, custom classes, new maps, and hopefully new game modes (I miss S&D). And soon enough hopefully they will release a new version, I just hope they dont take the same road as they did with CoD...

I havent had this much fun on a FPS since MW2. To me, what makes this game so much fun is its simplicity, there are no complicated perks, weapons, etc. It is just a shooter, plain and simple. You run you kill some or get killed etc.

Sure the game will get boring soon but until it does, rock on!
    I've a feeling in 4 or 5 months the games player numbers will start to dwindle (On PC i think it'll be MUCH sooner than that) and all the CoD/BF crowd will be itching like crazy for a new CoD(Which has the same 4-5 month cycles before they get bored and want a new game) or Battlefield. It just seems to be the way with modern shooters...they don't have that lasting appeal.

Ghost and BF4 were the last games I ever buy from this crowd of crooks.

Something big has to happen before I decide to even consider wasting more of my money on any of their games. Specially after they have repeatedly shown us how little we matter to them...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Benzino wrote: »
    Sent a couple of ye friend invites on Origin, Benzino09. Looking forward to seeing ya online!

Think I may have played against you yesterday.

I'll add some of ye later, my origin name is Ix_Deadmau5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Think I may have played against you yesterday.

I'll add some of ye later, my origin name is Ix_Deadmau5

Ha maybe, I usually don't pay much attention as to who I am fighting, just kill the names in red :P

Added ya there, although I have no idea how you team up in this game

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Agreed..I've given up on Battlefield 4 and COD.
    Titanfall is grand for blasting away for an hour and good crack.
    If I fancy something deeper I fire up Bad Company 2..still a few hundred servers out there for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

The kill pilot mode was a blast, had a few games that were really close and loved it. This game is so much fun. Few screen tearing issues and matchmaking issues aside it is most certainly worth the hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I am on my 2nd prestige, level 42 at the moment.

The game seems more polished than any FPS I have played in years. It's so much fun minus all the lag. The game is really well balanced, it reminds me of call of duty 4. Yes, there aren't 300 hundred weapons like Battlefield 4 but I think that's a plus. Trying to balance hundreds of guns is a nightmare.

For me this is COD 4, only better. I have over 700 hours game time clocked in cod4 so I think I can make the claim that this is indeed the next COD4.

Having dedicated servers for this game based in Dublin is a godsend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

The game seems more polished than any FPS I have played in years. It's so much fun minus all the lag. The game is really well balanced, it reminds me of call of duty 4. Yes, there aren't 300 hundred weapons like Battlefield 4 but I think that's a plus. Trying to balance hundreds of guns is a nightmare.

For me this is COD 4, only better. I have over 700 hours game time clocked in cod4 so I think I can make the claim that this is indeed the next COD4.

I prefer cod4 don't think any fps game could beat it in my opinion specially ones made recently but I do admit Titanfall is quite close too it, with it been just pure fun and balanced (aside from matchmaking of course) but at least thats something that can be fixed, for anyone thinking its repetitive, did you play the beta at all?:pac: most fps games are repetitive, same maps, same guns , same gamemodes
    what where you expecting?
    I find the best way too play these sort of games is with friends, at least then you can have different experiences every now and again

Love the titans, I never use one myself just have it following me or auto if you like
    far too much fun scaling the walls and shooting down other titans and bot bashing :D

Yeah.... its not even close to CoD4.... and i was never even a big CoD4 player. I get that you're bias though, as you've done nothing but drool over Titanfall for the last 4 or 5 months.

When I talk about balance... I'm talking about actual game balance in general, not the guns and perks. From the games I've played (Probably about 25-30 games at this stage), I've noticed how easy it is to snowball a game in your teams favor if you get the first few kills and get your titans up. I'd imagine its even easier to do in a party of players (Maybe you can vouch for this ?). I don't even think the balance issue is that big a deal.. I just don't think the game will have the lasting appeal of actual genre defining games like Counterstrike or CoD4 for many reasons but only time will tell.

Like you've said... you have 700 hours played in CoD4... I think it'd be wise to wait just a little more than 3 days after release to put it above a game that gave you so much. These are just my early impressions of the game, I will put some more time into it.

P.S. If anyone wants a few games on PC, add me on Origin - Magill05

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Cod 4 came at a time when everyone was jaded from ww2 shooters. The modern setting was a breath of fresh air, people were so hungry for a change that world at war didn't get the proper recognition for the advances it made.

Titanfall is hitting at a similar point in people's attitudes. The 'modern warfare' setting is feeling over saturated at the moment, couple that with a poor showing from ghosts and the mess that is battlefield and it's no wonder people are all over this.

Personally it's the most fun I've had online in ages, and I'm finding the experience in general to be rock solid. At least in this game, if I duck behind a corner I know I'm in cover, and the magic homing bullets from other games aren't after me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Had a great game of hardpoint last night, put my ogre with the tri rocket weapon on guard in one of the control point rooms and wiped the floor with anyone who tried to take it ove or enter the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

On Xbox one never really played fps. Picked this up but without an off line mode how am I supposed to get some practice in with out been killed every 2mins.

^ Its kind of ironic that there is no Offline/Bot mode actually....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gotthebug wrote: »
    On Xbox one never really played fps. Picked this up but without an off line mode how am I supposed to get some practice in with out been killed every 2mins.

K/D doesn't mater in this game, nobody but you can see it. Just play and have fun. You'll get your aim in soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Yeah.... its not even close to CoD4.... and i was never even a big CoD4 player. I get that you're bias though, as you've done nothing but drool over Titanfall for the last 4 or 5 months.
    Surely you can make a more intelligent argument than this "Ohhh because you were drooling over the game you'd have to say that"
    So in other words anyone who looks forward to a game release has a bias opinion, hmmm :confused:

Well IMO it's slightly better than COD4. I am rating that on a pure fun scale.

I'd be interested to know what makes Call of Duty 4 better than Titanfall in your opinion?

When I talk about balance... I'm talking about actual game balance in general, not the guns and perks. From the games I've played (Probably about 25-30 games at this stage), I've noticed how easy it is to snowball a game in your teams favor if you get the first few kills and get your titans up. I'd imagine its even easier to do in a party of players (Maybe you can vouch for this ?). I don't even think the balance issue is that big a deal.. I just don't think the game will have the lasting appeal of actual genre defining games like Counterstrike or CoD4 for many reasons but only time will tell.
    I find that when you play as a team of 6 the matchmaking improves. It does need a bit of tweaking to improve its match making.

It's hard to estimate longevity at this stage but Titanfall has a very strong foundation with great servers and good in-game balance. Both GTA5 and BF4 multiplayer fizzled out fast due to poor foundations. If a game has a good foundation it can be improved consistently. Dice have to release patches to patch their patches, it's ridiculous.
    Like you've said... you have 700 hours played in CoD4... I think it'd be wise to wait just a little more than 3 days after release to put it above a game that gave you so much. These are just my early impressions of the game, I will put some more time into it.

Try 6 days with 26 hours of in-game time so far. For me I know in the first few hours if a game is going to keep my attention for 500+ hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A Titanfall player has managed to hit the max Generation 10 rank in Titanfall in 3 days, 9 hours and 5 minutes according to IGN, Vince Zampella congratulated the player on twitter as well.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/03/17/titanfall-player-hits-max-level-in-under-four-days

Xenji wrote: »
    A Titanfall player has managed to hit the max Generation 10 rank in Titanfall in 3 days, 9 hours and 5 minutes according to IGN, Vince Zampella congratulated the player on twitter as well.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/03/17/titanfall-player-hits-max-level-in-under-four-days

LOL so he never slept, was fed with a hose and **** into a hose

Fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Well IMO it's slightly better than COD4. I am rating that on a pure fun scale.

I'd be interested to know what makes Call of Duty 4 better than Titanfall in your opinion?

Well I agree with what you said about this game being extremely fun, and I will even go further and say that it is, for me, an alternative to Ghost of BF4 (because I can't simply play any of the other CoDs, they are all hacked).

And I agree that the game is only going to get better but if I have to compare the game funwise to MW of MW2, if I had the option to choose between them I would go for MW and even MW2 with all the noobtubing, one man army etc, simply because MW marked the end of the old FPS and the birth of the new ones.

Now, give this game some time and then we will see if this game does the same thing

miju wrote: »
    Just discovered by accident on XB1 say xbox prepare for titanfall.

nice touch :)

What's it do ? I can't get it to work

I actually prefered CoD2 + Black Ops over CoD4... but in general what makes these games better is.... well.. heres a list off the top of my head.

- Better maps
    - Far better guns
    - Pure PVP - No need to add bots to keep the games from feeling empty
    - Community based servers
    - Better gamemodes (There isn't even a FFA mode in Titanfall fs !)
    - More customization
    - Solid SP campaign (Plus newer games like BO's had zombie modes which were like a game in themselves)

PC Only
    - Mod tools ( Pro mod enabled CoD to become a solid competitive game)
    - 12-50+ man servers

I mean honestly, i'm not trying to slate you for enjoying the game. I just want to put forth my personal opinions of the game so far, as someone who has spent far too many hours playing online shooters over the past 15 years or so. I'd be happy if it took over from CoD as "The" console shooter of this generation... I just don't think thats very likely, even when the sequel comes to PS (Unless its improved a ton).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Actually prefer Titanfall over all CoD games and BF games with exception BF2142, see the connection? :D

Titanfall feels fresh to me, gives a jolt of energy into a very very tired genre, i love the bots in the game and have to hand it to them for taking the risk and following through with it. My only gripe with Titanfall is the no dedicated servers and not being able to choose maps which will probably be fixed soon.

I bet they'll add a pilot only mode with no titans or NPC with increased player numbers, it could so work.
    Look forward to see what they do with the ip as they've laid some serious ground work here.

KilOit wrote: »
    Actually prefer Titanfall over all CoD games and BF games with exception BF2142, see the connection? :D

Titanfall feels fresh to me, gives a jolt of energy into a very very tired genre, i love the bots in the game and have to hand it to them for taking the risk and following through with it. My only gripe with Titanfall is the no dedicated servers and not being able to choose maps which will probably be fixed soon.

I bet they'll add a pilot only mode with no titans or NPC with increased player numbers, it could so work.
    Look forward to see what they do with the ip as they've laid some serious ground work here.

There are dedicated servers. The north European ones are in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

A bit late, but still...
    Bi9qVh0CMAEwT83.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I just got to play Titanfall at my cousins place on the X1 and got to play a match against FAILSAFE 00. I shot you in the back while you were running for your Titan. Your revenge was swift and served cold!

Got to feel like a ninja at one point. I was hanging from a building, when two squads of grunts moved into the alley below me. I chucked a grenade at one group, jumped into the other and kicked everyone. Just as I finished the grenade went off and killed the other group. Then I cloaked and ran off.

It's great when your Titanfall kills another Titan.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

We had some truely epic games of Last Titan Standing tonight, I can see that being the competitive mode if any for Titanfall.

Advertisement