Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

BTW this is myself, miju & Failsafe taking the piss out of someone's Titan :pac:
    Soz it's on One drive as I'm not sure how to upload it to youtube.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=CB60614989782284!145&authkey=!ACyI91APPfJqOYI&ithint=video%2c.mp4

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Fancy a game of last man standing now miju? throw myself into the deep end :P

just sent ya an invite

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭Glebee

Im guessing this is worth picking up on PC, im tempted. Might wait till the weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Glebee wrote: »
    Im guessing this is worth picking up on PC, im tempted. Might wait till the weekend...

If you can get it for less than 30euro, Yes. Not worth it at full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just added a load of names from here on Origin. My profile there is RobVelocity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

An epic match of Last Titan Standing from last night where the sh!t literally hit the fan.
    God bless the Chaingun, it is beast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Is anyone's game randomly crashing on windows? Has happened several times to me now and it's very bloody annoying :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

community based servers - the servers for titanfall are on your doorstep thats a no argument imo

If they are on my doorstep why is my pc having such issues connecting to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Is anyone's game randomly crashing on windows? Has happened several times to me now and it's very bloody annoying :mad:

Hasn't happened to me. Running Windows 8.1. Graphics drivers are up to date.

Have you tried all the generic stuff? Updating OS/drivers etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

delta36 wrote: »
    Hasn't happened to me. Running Windows 8.1. Graphics drivers are up to date.

Have you tried all the generic stuff? Updating OS/drivers etc?

Ah yeah, can I ask do you have an nVidia card? I have a GTX-680 with Windows 8.1 and everything is up to date. I believe the problem relates to this massive thread. Probably the issue is with having everything on max settings, even though that's what nVidia's "Titanfall optimizations" set them all to :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Ah yeah, can I ask do you have an nVidia card? I have a GTX-680 with Windows 8.1 and everything is up to date. I believe the problem relates to this massive thread. Probably the issue is with having everything on max settings, even though that's what nVidia's "Titanfall optimizations" set them all to :confused:

GTX 650 Ti is what I've got. That said, I don't have everything to max, I just left the settings at what they were at for "default".
    I've found with other games the optimisation settings from Nvidia aren't always great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Magill wrote: »
    Im just not that impressed by the selection in titanfall, the standard AR and SMG's are just that... standard. They feel very uninspiring to me

Uninspiring?

Never in my life have I looked to be inspired by a gun in a video game :rolleyes:

Some of you lads debating this game need to get a grip of yourselves.

Its a mindless shooter that is meant to be fun, and it has done a very good job at achieving that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Uninspiring?

Never in my life have I looked to be inspired by a gun in a video game :rolleyes:

Its a mindless shooter that is meant to be fun, and it has done a very good job at achieving that.

sorry for discussing a shooters prime mechanic on a games forum. :rolleyes:

Lets rename the thread to "titanfall sunshine and rainbows" and talk about how much fun we're all having. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

P.S.... Uninspiring = "dull, lackluster, lifeless, boring, tame, bland, uneventful, undistinguished".. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I have played MANY shooters with bland and boring weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

sorry for discussing a shooters prime mechanic on a games forum. :rolleyes:

Lets rename the thread to "titanfall sunshine and rainbows" and talk about how much fun we're all having. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

P.S.... Uninspiring = "dull, lackluster, lifeless, boring, tame, bland, uneventful, undistinguished".. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I have played MANY shooters with bland and boring weapons.

I dunno, the carbine has inspired me to construct a little statue, or maybe a shrine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Have a GTX780 with Win8.1
    Running everything at the highest possible settings and not one crash so far.Been flawless really. Running latest drivers.
    One thing I did was that I set my video settings itself ingame rather than having Nvidia panel do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Uninspiring?

Well said...

Slightly off topic but ya know I've noticed alot of Playstation gamers banging hard on Titanfall trying to put it down for some reason, could be that the game is uninspiring and dull but it also could be jealousy that such a massively fun game is only on Xbox on PC.

Having played over 2,500 hours on BF which is inifinitely more "complex" than Titanfall I feel I can safely say in my opinion that Titanfall is just as strategic if not more so in some of it's game modes.

/end random thought for the day on cognitive dissonance

miju wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but ya know I've noticed alot of Playstation gamers banging hard on Titanfall trying to put it down for some reason, could be that the game is uninspiring and dull but it also could be jealousy that such a massively fun game is only on Xbox on PC.

Having played over 2,500 hours on BF4 which is inifinitely more "complex" than Titanfall I feel I can safely say in my opinion that Titanfall is just as strategic if not more so in some of it's game modes.

/end random thought for the day on cognitive dissonance

2 and a half thousand on BF4? wtf like?
    That's 104 solid days of gaming on it...
    It was released on Nov 1st so that's basically over 12 hours gaming every day....can't be right sure?:)

Blazer wrote: »
    2 and a half thousand on BF4? wtf like?
    That's 104 solid days of gaming on it...
    It was released on Nov 1st so that's basically over 12 hours gaming every day....can't be right sure?:)

sorry thats across the Battlefield series not just BF4 even I'm not that bad, think I'm around the 420h mark on BF4 :P:P:P

sorry thats across the Battlefield series not just BF4 even I'm not that bad, think I'm around the 420h mark on BF4 :P:P:P

I was wondering alrigth...I'd be around the same :D
    actually back playing Bad Company 2..find it 10 times better than BF4.

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    I was wondering alrigth...I'd be around the same :D
    actually back playing Bad Company 2..find it 10 times better than BF4.

Know the feeling, I tried hopping onto BF4 last night for a quick game to regain my Irish #1 recon rank, got shot around corner twice in a row ..................... xbox go to Titanfall

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I see that and Xbox gamers doing the same with Infamous, Killzone's etc. Not sure what they get from it.

Looking forward to picking this up on the 360 and playing it with my old friends list ;) Havent fired up the 360 in a long time, I just hope it has the core structure and gameplay as the next gen version. I can live with it not looking as good, if it's as good as people say it is, gameplay wise, AND if it's handled well for 360.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I havent played BF4 in about 6-7 weeks, thought id pop on lastnight as a few clan mates were playing, like yourself i was shot around corners from the most crazy angles you can imagine,needless to say i didnt stay playing long.
    Joke of a game!

Still enjoy BC2 and BF3 every now and then.

Dcully wrote: »
    I havent played BF4 in about 6-7 weeks, thought id pop on lastnight as a few clan mates were playing, like yourself i was shot around corners from the most crazy angles you can imagine,needless to say i didnt stay playing long.
    Joke of a game!

Still enjoy BC2 and BF3 every now and then.

add me on BC2- Airblazer if you fancy a game..
    PlagueMarine and Snail still play it as well

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭seany212121

Just a quick question for you all have not seen much of Titanfall at all, is the game a system seller in peoples opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Just a quick question for you all have not seen much of Titanfall at all, is the game a system seller in peoples opinion?
    I played the beta on PC and had fun with it, but for me, no way. Its a game I'd be able to have fun with for a couple of hours maybe a week, maybe a few hours come back to next week or something. Multiplayer only isn't something I'd want really. Would need more. But, to some, it probably is. I mean, there's a basic question to give you an idea: Other multiplayer shooters, COD, Battlefield, Killzone, Gears, Halo... Are any of those games you'd be happy to have just that to play? Some people can play just the multiplayer from one of those games for months.

The specific question of whether you'd like Titanfall is another story, and you'd have to play it to know that one. Maybe if you had an interest in playing some of the other stuff on the One it'd make more of a case, but honestly I'd be thinking neither the PS4 or the One has made a compelling case to buy just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

For me no. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love titanfall and can see myself playing it for a long long time. But spending €500 to be able to play a €50 game, I cant see that happening in to many cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭seany212121

Cheers lads I have a ps4 but heard some good stuff about Titanfall, maybe when the XBO comes done in price i'll get a chance to play it so

emmetkenny wrote: »
    But spending €500 to be able to play a €50 game, I cant see that happening in to many cases.

I would have thought the same but apparently it is selling consoles and caused a 96% increase in UK XB1 sales

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/03/17/titanfall-causes-xbox-one-uk-sales-to-double

• Advertisement

It's more a social thing for me again, it's been a while since I was engrossed in a multiplayer game, the initial idea that it had no single player content put me off, prior to last week I probably turned my Xbone on about 10 times since buying it last year.
    Since the social update and this was released I cant get off it. It reminds me of the first time I played COD4 on my 360 and also the fact I had fellow boards members to play as a team together. Think this is why I am having the most fun.
    I'm also only starting to use the voice recognition features for the Xbone Originally I thought it would be gimmicky but it's a really great feature when I can record some awesome kill I just got or something funny happens in-game with other party members. I can't imagine using half of the features if I had to stop in mid-game and use my controller just so I could access YouTube or record an epic game moment.

If your PC has a decent spec to play this and you already have friends on Origin then get it for this reason. I wouldn't go as far as spend this kind of money for the game alone on the console.
    If however your willing to get involved in the social aspect of it then it would be good money invested if like me, you can't beat sitting back in my lazy boy with controller and a can of beer and having a chat with a group of people.

Advertisement