Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

miju wrote: »
    I would have thought the same but apparently it is selling consoles and caused a 96% increase in UK XB1 sales

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/03/17/titanfall-causes-xbox-one-uk-sales-to-double

Just to note there was some excellent deals on XBO's over here at the start of the month, XBO Fifa 14 PvZ and Forza/DR3/BF4 for £429 it dried up supply around the city i live in

Its not just down to titanfall

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

The titanfall Xbox one bundle is €469 in Argos atm.it console looks class.

The titanfall Xbox one bundle is €469 in Argos atm.it console looks class.

That's the only sickener for me, I payed 500 for the console only a couple of months ago. That's a good deal for both game and console. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

NTMK wrote: »
    Just to note there was some excellent deals on XBO's over here at the start of the month, XBO Fifa 14 PvZ and Forza/DR3/BF4 for £429 it dried up supply around the city i live in

TBH I wouldnt know I'm only quoting / linking to the IGN article

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    That's the only sickener for me, I payed 500 for the console only a couple of months ago. That's a good deal for both game and console. :(

you will always pay a "premium" for being one of the first adopters of a new console

• Advertisement

you will always pay a "premium" for being one of the first adopters of a new console

Yes, true story. I got caught up in the initial hype prior to release.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Yes, true story. I got caught up in the initial hype prior to release.

I swapped mine for a PS4..then saw that games were meh as well and flogged that as well.
    I might go back to the XB1 as I have digital copies of fifa/Forza and COD so if I got Titanfall as well it should justify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

NTMK wrote: »

I think I saw a stat yesterday that ~70% of this increase in the UK was consoles bundled with titanfall. Will try to find.

Edit: Yep, here we are

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

for the 360 people , looks like the release has been put back till the 11 april

peteeeed wrote: »

unlucky, but better to be pushed back rather than to get an unfinished game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

peteeeed wrote: »

Chances of me getting it cut a fair bit, I have to say. I'll have a lot to be playing around then, even though it's not that long, it had a window I could work with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

BTW this is myself, miju & Failsafe taking the piss out of someone's Titan :pac:
    Soz it's on One drive as I'm not sure how to upload it to youtube.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=CB60614989782284!145&authkey=!ACyI91APPfJqOYI&ithint=video%2c.mp4

I clicked your link and I was able to download the file and put it up on our Youtube channel.

Viewers may find the following scene distressing.

Viewers may find the following scene distressing.

:D LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Been having serious frame issues last day or so :(

Played a few hours and while fun, it's not the console seller many are claiming. Playing on PC and I can't see it keeping me occupied for too long, the lack if a single player campaign really does take away from the overall experience. I know that many are buying the game solely for the online aspect but in years to come when there servers are no longer up and running you'll be left with a coaster.

Going to give it a few more hours to see if it can really grab me but with Thief and South Park to play I can't see Titanfall being given much time over the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Played a few hours and while fun, it's not the console seller many are claiming. Playing on PC and I can't see it keeping me occupied for too long, the lack if a single player campaign really does take away from the overall experience. I know that many are buying the game solely for the online aspect but in years to come when there servers are no longer up and running you'll be left with a coaster.

Going to give it a few more hours to see if it can really grab me but with Thief and South Park to play I can't see Titanfall being given much time over the coming weeks.

Are you playing the game on your own or with a full party of six?

but in years to come when there servers are no longer up and running you'll be left with a coaster.

They run off MS cloud servers? Can't see them going anywhere anytime soon.

What was I saying again about Playstation owners beating down on Titanfall?

Are you playing the game on your own or with a full party of six?

Bit of both. It's good fun and it plays well but I'd find myself far more inclined to go and play some Bad Conpany 2 over this.
    They run off MS cloud servers? Can't see them going anywhere anytime soon.

What was I saying again about Playstation owners beating down on Titanfall?

Really hate how so many people assume that any criticism of the game is just Playstation fanboys crying. The game is good but it's not that good that PS owners will desperately want to go out and buy the One. It's already on PC and 360 so it's not going to be hard to get it. I do find it ironic how Xbox owners will call any criticism of the game little more than Playstation fanboys complaining, oblivious to the fact that they are fanboys themselves.

I do find it ironic how Xbox owners will call any criticism of the game little more than Playstation fanboys complaining, oblivious to the fact that they are fanboys themselves.

By far from a fanboy in fact you will find plenty of examples on boards of me complaining about the X1 and MS in general. If you look back over the thread there is certainly a dominant criticism of the game coming from a certain gaming quarter.

By far from a fanboy in fact you will find plenty of examples on boards of me complaining about the X1 and MS in general. If you look back over the thread there is certainly a dominant criticism of the game coming from a certain gaming quarter.

I still don't see why you assume that criticsm of the game from those who don't own a One is just PlayStation fan-boys. I played the game on PC, where I do the majority of my gaming and found it to be just good. You seem to think that because you own a One your opinion of the game carries more weight than mine simply because I own a PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The same might be said for people with an Xbox making more of the game than they normally would if they didn't own the console and were just playing it on a loan or something.

Nonsense conversation, anyway, a good few people with Xbox Ones and PCs don't think it's great. Loads of PS4 owners including myself still want to play it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

lol first person to say it's average gets the typical, "You have only played it once" line.

Now it's some rubbish about jealous PS heads.

I've played it and it's boring however I feel the same about all the battlefields and COD's so obviously not for me.

It does run awful on the Xbox when stacked beside the a decent PC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I still don't see why you assume that criticsm of the game from those who don't own a One is just PlayStation fan-boys. I played the game on PC, where I do the majority of my gaming and found it to be just good. You seem to think that because you own a One your opinion of the game carries more weight than mine simply because I own a PS4.

I own both a ps4 and ONE as well as a decent built pc from last year

I can certainly say that if you look back on this thread just before the game came out infact before the beta came out
    their were certain "types" of people saying its doomed and will suck in sales and that it won't sell the console, all before the beta? haha I mean theirs having an opinion but judging a game that much before its released is abit ridiculous.
    From gameplay videos sure, you can say pretty much from that point on if its your type of game
    but too say its doomed and won't sell the console before its out is fanboyism at its worst
    I could even give you the names of the people that said it but I won't cause I'm not starting a troll war on the internet when I have better things to be doing. And for anyone reading this who thought sales might suck theirs a link someone showing a 98%increase in sales for the x1 in the UK so its all good signs really

Seriously man theirs fanboys on both sides, you just have to learn too live with it, you gave your opinion which is cool but remember before you their where people slating the game before the beta who I know for a fact only cared about ps4 and all its glory :pac: lucky for me I have the best of 3 worlds :)
    I never really got fanboys, I mean if microsoft or sony went bust today and their was only 1 console, everyone would be complaining because they could do anything they want with that console and we wouldn't have an alternative

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

There's something that puzzles me.

Why on earth would anyone compare this to Battlefield? :)

It's a completely different game. Battlefield is a large scale combined forces "war game." Titanfall is a small scale and fast paced arcade shooter. Both are first person games, sure, but there all similarity ends - you may as well be comparing it to Minecraft :pac: CoD's a fair comparison - it too is a small scale arcade shooter and given it's been made by the same people, you're comparing like with like in a lot of ways. Sure, there aren't mechs, but there are your kill-streaks and perks/burn cards are definitely comparable.

When I want to play a "big" team game with my friends for a couple of hours, I'll be playing BF4 as I've always done. When I want to spend 30-60 minutes having some quick fun, I'll be playing Titanfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

RasTa wrote: »
    lol first person to say it's average gets the typical, "You have only played it once" line.

I've played it and it's boring however I feel the same about all the battlefields and COD's so obviously not for me.

Constantly negative and moaning before it came out and constantly negative and moaning after it came out. I'm shocked. Applies to quite a lot of people on this thread too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Because most of the people on this thread that are regularly posting negatively about Titanfall which is not available on the PS4, are the same posters who regularly posted negatively about the Xbox One in the Xbox forum for months before it was released. You can spot the same auld usernames a mile away.

Because most of the people on this thread that are regularly posting negatively about Titanfall which is not available on the PS4, are the same posters who regularly posted negatively about the Xbox One in the Xbox forum for months before it was released. You can spot the same auld usernames a mile away.

Oh right a few fanboys come in and make statements that the game won't be good so anyone who comes along and after playing it thinks it's not all that is obviously just a spiteful PlayStation fan boy,

The game is fun, there's no doubt about that but it's not the game-changer many expected it to be and honestly I can't see it being a title that two years from now will still have a big online presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

RasTa wrote: »

7a2add73451638e1c8eb8a617f7a58228bfaa041017bf0c13b50871c27f54f92.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Good lord.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Unbelieveble trolling going down here now,is there any need for it?
    Last i checked this was an internet forum about games,people are entitled to their opinion and should not be ridiculed for doing so regardless of whether one agrees or not.
    Im not a mod on this particular forum so im powerless so to speak but rest assured ill be reporting a few posts, for the sake of keeping this thread sane.

Its a game at the end of the day, meant for enjoyment, some enjoy others dont, no need for folk to get so tetchy and childish over it.

Advertisement