Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Its like all early console releases. When it comes out everyone playing it on consoles thinks its the bees knees but after a few years everyone realises it was actually nothing special. I think its not a coincidence that most people who are unimpressed by it are playing it on PC. In my opinion compared to the back catalogue of shooters on PC it really doesn't offer much that hasn't been done already in some form and so it isn't that impressive. I had fun playing the beta, it was grand like but I won't be buying this until it gets cheap.

Also the fact that there are no community based servers and that you can't organise your own matches is a major turn off for me, means there'll never be any proper competitive play.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

RasTa wrote: »
    lol first person to say it's average gets the typical, "You have only played it once" line.

Now it's some rubbish about jealous PS heads.

I've played it and it's boring however I feel the same about all the battlefields and COD's so obviously not for me.

It does run awful on the Xbox when stacked beside the a decent PC
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Oh right a few fanboys come in and make statements that the game won't be good so anyone who comes along and after playing it thinks it's not all that is obviously just a spiteful PlayStation fan boy,

Unfortunately that is the case. The honest critical reviews of the game are being drowned out by obvious fanboys.

Also the website link in your sig could do with a bit of an updating. Main story is of Xbox One hard issues at launch, and not a mention of any other consoles launch problems :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

miju wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but ya know I've noticed alot of Playstation gamers banging hard on Titanfall trying to put it down for some reason, could be that the game is uninspiring and dull but it also could be jealousy that such a massively fun game is only on Xbox on PC.

Having played over 2,500 hours on BF which is inifinitely more "complex" than Titanfall I feel I can safely say in my opinion that Titanfall is just as strategic if not more so in some of it's game modes.

/end random thought for the day on cognitive dissonance

Considering I dont own either next gen console and have gamed primarily on my PC for a decade and a half this doesn't really apply to me..

Why would I be jealous of a game that I own ? Because it performs much worse and costs twice the price on a console ?
    Really hate how so many people assume that any criticism of the game is just Playstation fanboys crying. The game is good but it's not that good that PS owners will desperately want to go out and buy the One. It's already on PC and 360 so it's not going to be hard to get it. I do find it ironic how Xbox owners will call any criticism of the game little more than Playstation fanboys complaining, oblivious to the fact that they are fanboys themselves.

Tell me about it... I think my review of the game was pretty fair tbh ! Just because I don't think its some sort of masterpiece. Titanfan boys getting super defensive as if I've insulted there mother.
    MadYaker wrote: »
    Its like all early console releases. When it comes out everyone playing it on consoles thinks its the bees knees but after a few years everyone realises it was actually nothing special. I think its not a coincidence that most people who are unimpressed by it are playing it on PC. In my opinion compared to the back catalogue of shooters on PC it really doesn't offer much that hasn't been done already in some form and so it isn't that impressive. I had fun playing the beta, it was grand like but I won't be buying this until it gets cheap.

This is something I've always had a similar opinion on and have said in the past that one of the biggest reasons for call of duties dominance on consoles is the lack of competition from other shooters. Honestly, there's probably a lot of truth to this.

Unfortunately that is the case. The honest critical reviews of the game are being drowned out by obvious fanboys.

Also the website link in your sig could do with a bit of an updating. Main story is of Xbox One hard issues at launch, and not a mention of any other consoles launch problems :rolleyes:

New site on its way, just not had the time if late to finish it up. Plus, I don't recall many issues with the PS4 or WiiU on launch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Had a long session on the variety game modes, great fun. Now that everyone is getting up to speed there are loads of close games, just lost Pilot Hunter 50-49!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Lay off the idiotic bickering and trolling, please. It's a video game, people have different opinions, end of.

And enough with the 'f-word'* nonsense as well. Nothing drags a thread down into the dirt faster then when that cursed word starts being uttered.

*fanboy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Magill wrote: »

Tell me about it... I think my review of the game was pretty fair tbh ! Just because I don't think its some sort of masterpiece. Titanfan boys getting super defensive as if I've insulted there mother.

Well, thats interesting because when I posted my point of view about Titanfall (e.g) I found Titanfall to be great fun minus all the lag of today's shooters and said it was similar to COD4 this was your response.
    Magill wrote: »
    I get that you're bias though, as you've done nothing but drool over Titanfall for the last 4 or 5 months.

So if we give our opinion its bias and if you give yours its a review with no agenda. :confused:

*Might I suggest we have an [Xbox One]Titanfall thread, it can get confusing mixing PC and Xbox stuff relating to the game and especially to avoid the hidden PS4 fans / PC gamers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Anyway, I'm enjoying Titanfall, finding it to be a lot of fun. I've been out of the FPS game for a while though, so I think that has helped me. I can see myself playing this for a long time to come, but I can understand why people are not pushed about it.

Rasta said he thought the game ran like pants when compared side by side with a pc just wondering rasta where did you see the console comparison cos you dont have an xbox one??

And who that would have a pc and xbox one would buy the game for both to compare the gameplay and resolutions etc??

Btw this is out of genuine intetest i wouldnt mind seeing that comparison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Btw this is out of genuine intetest i wouldnt mind seeing that comparison

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-titanfall-next-gen-face-off

I presumed thats what you meant as it was how the game was running on either platform that was compared rather than the gameplay,which should be the exact same really. No exclusive content for either platform if im not mistaken?

Anyway null point imo,as long as the game runs 60fps and has the same gameplay on both the small drop in resolution isnt that big a deal on the xbox imo. Id take 60fps over a bump in resolution in a online shooter anyday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Don't think anyone is surprised anymore that a decent PC wins any multiplatform comparisons in performance and quality. Surprised how low the framerate drops during Titan gunfights on XB1 tho...

Framerate drops are an issue alright,or more how the console v-sync deals with the frame drops. Screen tearing,stuttering etc is not good.

Is that an issue on xbox one?

Wasnt aware it was a problem if it is,surprising as a mid range PC should handle this game at 1080p60fps no problem. As in one for about €650 if an OS is needed.

Anyway thats off topic,im gonna wait a few weeks and get this game cheaply on PC hopefully. Cheapest yet ive seen it was €32,bout €25 sounds right to me though:) I will never pay full price for an EA game after the whole BF4 mess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

My PC runs this with high setting with 1440p on a gtx670 with not even a single stutter, never crashed once and I'm almost generation 3

Yeah id say the PC port is quite a good one,with good optimisation. The beta(read full game minus some content) ran very nicely for me too at 1440p,although i mostly played it on television in the sitting room at 1080p as i had friends around most nights during the beta so they could have a go.

I was surprised how smooth the beta was alright. Have there been any issues with bugs and stuff since the official release? That was another reason I held off on buying it, I was afraid it might be half finished a bit like BF4.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I was surprised how smooth the beta was alright. Have there been any issues with bugs and stuff since the official release? That was another reason I held off on buying it, I was afraid it might be half finished a bit like BF4.

generally no major issues, the VERY odd time you get a massive framerate drop for a second or so and then dashboarded but the game is highly polished so it seems in respect of bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I've not been able to play as much as I'd like since launch, but in my exprience the game is delightfully free of glitches, bugs, campers & snipers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah I was just thinking last night how sniper-free the game is, it's great.

Have only used a sniper rifle once or twice, and that was as I had a couple of amped versions in burn cards. They are pretty useless.

maximoose wrote: »

Have only used a sniper rifle once or twice, and that was as I had a couple of amped versions in burn cards. They are pretty useless.

Yeah, I'm the same, the fact that it seems like only the amped ones are one hit kills probably has a lot to do with it. Also, it seems ridiculous to be standing still in a game where a lot of the joy comes from how you move through the environment,

got a lovely kill last night, a drop pod of grunts landed near me, did a wallrun, threw a satchel charge at the door, click, boom!

They should have called it Titanfall: smile generator.

In the beta the DMR with an acog sight and a silencer was useful for close to medium range combat if you had good aim. But as an actual sniper it was useless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

maximoose wrote: »

Thats because theres no point in camping for a few reasons, map sizes are big enough which means you could be sitting in your tent for a while before action comes your way and more importantly you snipe me once and I'm coming back with a Titan to bitch slap your ass :)
    In the beta the DMR with an acog sight and a silencer was useful for close to medium range combat if you had good aim. But as an actual sniper it was useless.

It's not too bad when you get used to it, for your 4th regen you have to use DMR and max out all the challenges with it, painful at the start and enjoyable by the end.

5th regen challenges are a pain though. I've to get 50 gooser (pilot ejection) kills. So far I've not gotten one in the whole time I've been playing Titanfall so I think I might be stuck at gen 5 for quite some time.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Played a bit of Last Titan Standing last night, I'll be doing more of that when I re-spec some Titans and Pilots for it :) It was a lot of fun though, want to play more of it. CTF too is a lot of fun.

miju wrote: »
    Thats because theres no point in camping for a few reasons, map sizes are big enough which means you could be sitting in your tent for a while before action comes your way and more importantly you snipe me once and I'm coming back with a Titan to bitch slap your ass :)

It's not too bad when you get used to it, for your 4th regen you have to use DMR and max out all the challenges with it, painful at the start and enjoyable by the end.

5th regen challenges are a pain though. I've to get 50 gooser (pilot ejection) kills. So far I've not gotten one in the whole time I've been playing Titanfall so I think I might be stuck at gen 5 for quite some time.

with those challenges, whats the story with ones you've completed? I have the carbine ones done, and the satchel charge and re-45 ones are nearly done as well. Will I need to do them again after I regen or do they carry over?

I've 3 gooser kills, I'd guess that 2 of them were from my titan going nuclear as another guy ejected and the other was where we both ejected at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Did I just rip the arm off another Titan and beat it to death with it?

If you were piloting an ogre, then yeah, you did!

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't experienced the joy yet, but try punching a doomed titan when you're in the Stryder, it's amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

If you were piloting an ogre, then yeah, you did!

F**k yeah!
    delta36 wrote: »
    I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't experienced the joy yet, but try punching a doomed titan when you're in the Stryder, it's amazing!
    Would that be when you pull the pilot out of the Titan and throw him away?

Advertisement