Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Would that be when you pull the pilot out of the Titan and throw him away?

Nope, that's when you're in the Atlas, which is also fun!

The Stryder is:
    You reach into the chassis, pull the pilot out, hold him in your fist and squeeze so you crush them in your hand. You also get the "Freshly Squeezed" challenge for it.

It rocks! :D

(Totally not turning into a fanboy at all :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

F**k yeah!

Would that be when you pull the pilot out of the Titan and throw him away?

no, thats for the atlas. try it and see!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

will I need to do them again after I regen or do they carry over? .

When you regen your challenges reset so you have to do them again.

alot of raging about the gooser challenge on the official titanfall forums.

ive a trick i think will make this easy inwant to try later on. Does anyone know if satchel charges explode at same time a pilot ejects / titan explodes?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

miju wrote: »
    When you regen your challenges reset so you have to do them again.

alot of raging about the gooser challenge on the official titanfall forums.

ive a trick i think will make this easy inwant to try later on. Does anyone know if satchel charges explode at same time a pilot ejects / titan explodes?

I see what you're thinking of - i was thinking if you timed the deployment of electric smoke, or that cluster missile just right you could do it.

I see what you're thinking of - i was thinking if you timed the deployment of electric smoke, or that cluster missile just right you could do it.

yeah something that will detonate as they eject because this challenge is a bit of an unfair one to be honest which is prob best suited to gen 9 or 10.

First of all your completely reliant on the pilot ejecting and thats assuming a team mate doesnt rip them out of the titan or that they explode in the titan and that you are rodeoing them at the time.

If you are in a titan and they have auto eject / cloak on forget it as well so its a challenge that will rarely present opportunity to even get a gooser kill in the first place.

I'm already Gen 5 Lvl 22 and have been actively trying to get into a situation where I can get a gooser kill, not one has presented itself yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I've got two so far, but TBH I've no idea how or when this happened.

maximoose wrote: »
    I've got two so far, but TBH I've no idea how or when this happened.

Looking at my states there I've destroyed 1256 titans and 742 of them by rodeo and in that time not one gooser kill.

Me thinks this might have to be boosted

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Found this when going through a few games I recorded.

Looking at my states there I've destroyed 1256 titans

Christ on a bike, I've about a 2 dozen or so and I thought that was a lot :/

Christ on a bike, I've about a 2 dozen or so and I thought that was a lot :/

I tend to go for titans before I go for pilot / grunt kills and have a knack for firing a burst from my carbine, burst from from my auto pistol followed up with c4 satchels = titan goes boom :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

How many hours have you put in to this so far?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

wait do you actually have to complete the challenges to regen
    is it not just an xp thing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

how many days has the game been out minus 2-3 hours a day for sleep :pac:
    and you wouldn't be far off :D

pulling mijus chain

Not actually sure to be honest will check my stats again in a bit it's above 50 anyways and I've had game since US release date
    dunworth1 wrote: »
    how many days has the game been out minus 2-3 hours a day for sleep :pac:
    and you wouldn't be far off :D

pulling mijus chain

get fooked dunny , your being put on the opposite side tonight :P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P
    dunworth1 wrote: »
    wait do you actually have to complete the challenges to regen
    is it not just an xp thing

I should answer that as your a fellow clan member but go read the fooking thread :):):)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Rgenerated last night. Onto Generation 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

FutureGuy wrote: »

Its a really cool sequence when you do the regeneration process.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

They really need to make some of the game modes longer, you get going having great fun and bam victory or defeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I tend to go for titans before I go for pilot / grunt kills and have a knack for firing a burst from my carbine, burst from from my auto pistol followed up with c4 satchels = titan goes boom :)

Actually miju my gameplay style is very similar i always look to take titans on its the only way to play the game imo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

FutureGuy wrote: »

Whats the regeneration about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Whats the regeneration about?

Its like prestiging in call of duty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

got some nice titan burn cards today was like pew pew 3 titans in a row

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

There should definitely be two seperate threads for Xbox One and Pc re: Titanfall

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    There should definitely be two seperate threads for Xbox One and Pc re: Titanfall

why? same gameplay isnt it

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    why? same gameplay isnt it

To root out PS4 fanboys who have it on pc, or pretend they have it. It's clear as day. It's a geat game in my view, but not to everyone's taste, end of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I finally played some in a friend's house, and ended up buying it myself and playing with him for a few hours. I was very skeptical about Titanfall when I saw the trailers and such, but I'm happy to admit I was wrong.

It's simple and fun, like the first Modern Warfare before it lost the run of itself. The evacuation bit at the end of a game is a great little twist, where getting to the dropship takes the sting out of losing. The plasma railgun is glorious. The titans are really punchy, but some clever foot troops can still mess them up. The wall-running is slick and responsive and just a fine addition.

Thoroughly impressed with the game, and will be playing a whole lot more.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

To root out PS4 fanboys who have it on pc, or pretend they have it. It's clear as day. It's a geat game in my view, but not to everyone's taste, end of.

Lay off this conspiracy theory rubbish, seriously. There's already been a warning on thread. We'll start handing out warnings and infractions if it carries on. There will be no separate format threads, because it's the same game.

Lay off this conspiracy theory rubbish, seriously. There's already been a warning on thread. We'll start handing out warnings and infractions if it carries on. There will be no separate format threads, because it's the same game.
    What? I never said there was a conspiracy theory. I'm saying there's a clear agenda to knock Titanfall, check Amazon for example. Can I not state my opinion? Thought Boards was supposed to be ok for that, it's why I joined.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm saying there's a clear agenda to knock Titanfall, check Amazon for example.

That kind of is a conspiracy theory :pac:

The reason I'm trying to draw a firm line under this stuff is that it keeps dragging the thread way off-topic. Every time someone tries to discuss the game, there's another post about some perceived 'PS4 fanboy PC' bias (the only evidence of which I'm seeing in this thread is people claiming there's such a thing). Even if there was - and there resolutely isn't - I'm not sure how splitting the discussion would solve anything.

You're absolutely entitled to your opinion, it's welcomed in fact. But we've got to put a stop to whole format war stuff so people can actually discuss the game. As you say, people have different opinions, end of :)

So let's all get back to discussing Titanfall itself please! Any more posts dragging the thread off topic will be deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Anyways titanfall is that good i am glad i chose an xbox one.. completely justifies the purchase... on another note miju is 10-1 on in paddy powers to boost to pass the regen 5 challenges :D

That kind of is a conspiracy theory :pac:

The reason I'm trying to draw a firm line under this stuff is that it keeps dragging the thread way off-topic. Every time someone tries to discuss the game, there's another post about some perceived 'PS4 fanboy PC' bias (the only evidence of which I'm seeing in this thread is people claiming there's such a thing). Even if there was - and there resolutely isn't - I'm not sure how splitting the discussion would solve anything.

You're absolutely entitled to your opinion, it's welcomed in fact. But we've got to put a stop to whole format war stuff so people can actually discuss the game. As you say, people have different opinions, end of :)

So let's all get back to discussing Titanfall itself please! Any more posts dragging the thread off topic will be deleted.
    100% agree. And you've completely missed earlier posts. Delete away.

• Advertisement

Anyways titanfall is that good i am glad i chose an xbox one.. completely justifies the purchase... on another note miju is 10-1 on in paddy powers to boost to pass the regen 5 challenges :D

I'm getting tempted but i'll not buckle. After a whole nights gaming I managed just 4 gooser kills.

Didnt help with the rest of the clan members knowing I'm trying to get gooser kills and popping the pilot from their titans while I'm in a mid air fire fight :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The troll is being trolled

Advertisement