Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Anyone else finding it a massive hassle to get through the campaign? Just managed to get through it there on the militia side, it takes so long to find an opposing team or even enough for your own team.

Some of the cut scene sequences at the start/end are quite cool though, but I don't see campaign having much longevity once people have played through it once to get the unlocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The only reason to play through the campaign even once is to unlock the Titan chassis'. Think that they may have to drop these requirements after a while because it's so bland that no-one is likely to ever do it more than once.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

The only reason to play through the campaign even once is to unlock the Titan chassis'. Think that they may have to drop these requirements after a while because it's so bland that no-one is likely to ever do it more than once.

Probably, 6 months down the line you won't find enough people into campaign to play through it.
    Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what they were trying to do with the campaign, and that they tried something different as opposed to tacking on a 5 hour single player campaign. It's just very hard to focus on story when you're in the middle of a multiplayer map. I still don't really get what the plot of the campaign is, but like I said, some fun map intro sequences!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

i still dont even know what the fook that campaign was about.

i still dont even know what the fook that campaign was about.
    LOL I must admit it's absolute nonsense, with somebody absolutely raving in the right hand corner of the screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

where is the cheapest place to get a cd key?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Karagrua

Gonna start playing tonight, add me on origin name: Karagrua

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Karagrua wrote: »
    Gonna start playing tonight, add me on origin name: Karagrua

I'm just going to add you now, our Origin names are quite similar!

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

Just found this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

720 pixels...

End of argument.....

:D
    )

Console gamer ya?

• Advertisement

srumball wrote: »

Just found this

Those ign videos are just stupid and all they do is add more fuel to a pointless argument that is the console vs PC debate.A debate that would that would never happen outside an internet forum.:rolleyes:

IGN are just another bunch of retards for making them in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Just found this

Any of you notice the button imputs on both the xbox one and pc are all xbox orientated? I reckon thats a 360 vs xbox one comparison cos thats not being played on a pc it being played on an xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Console gamer ya?

Why?

Those ign videos are just stupid and all they do is add more fuel to a pointless argument that is the console vs PC debate.A debate that would that would never happen outside an internet forum.:rolleyes:

IGN are just another bunch of retards for making them in the first place.

Not big.on ign myself just trying to decide on getting it on PC or xb1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I got it on PC for 33 euro which was a great price . Since you have both I would buy it for the cheapest platform and be done with it .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

buy it for the platform you play most on with friends
    its a much better experience with friends and interest would last longer
    at least thats my experience of fps games

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Any of you notice the button imputs on both the xbox one and pc are all xbox orientated? I reckon thats a 360 vs xbox one comparison cos thats not being played on a pc it being played on an xbox

XBox controller is the "default" layout for any sort of controller used on a PC - Windows 7 and above has native support for the wired controller.

We'll if you have the choice between the two,I'd go with the PC,it'll probably look better and cost cheaper and I'm saying that as xbox owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    buy it for the platform you play most on with friends
    its a much better experience with friends and interest would last longer
    at least thats my experience of fps games

Pffttt... you can make new friends if you have none on PC ! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Karagrua

VonVix wrote: »
    I'm just going to add you now, our Origin names are quite similar!

Haha, Indeed! I'll think im watching my own frag replay when I'm shooting you!

• Advertisement

Put a few more hours in amd still not all that impressed by it. It plays well and it's fun but there's just so much out there that I can't see myself playing this 6 months from now. Even today I found myself opting to turn it off after half an hour and play some Thief instead. Booted it up a few hours later and didn't even play a game, opted to play some Payday 2 instead.

I think that the PC version won't have that much stayingpower. It's a game that will be hugely popular for a few months but 6 no the from now I can see playing the single player to be next to impossible and the lobbies will be a lot emptier. There's just so much competition out there that PC gamers will have moved on to something else by hat said I can see it remaining popular on the One. The lack of titles available for it and the lack of anything really big upcoming means that a lot of people will stick with it simply due to lack of any substitute though come November the latest COD will take a big part of the games audience.

Would like to see the season pass or just an update do something with the single player. It's a credit to then that they simply didn't throw together a generic 6 hour QTA shooter but what they delivered, while ambitious is complete nonsense. I'm still not entirely sure what it's about.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

New patch out, from titanfallblog:

New server patch for Titanfall on Xbox One and PC rolling out; patch notes released
    March 22, 2014
    ShareTweet+ 1Mail
    A new patch for Titanfall has been released on Xbox One and PC; the patch is slowly rolling out, and Respawn has put the patch notes up of what the patch contains. The patch will finish rolling out tomorrow to all servers.

3/21/2014 Server Changelog

Balancing adjustments and general changes

- The damage indicator from Electric Smoke is now much more noticeable
    - Search Drones will now show up in Classic Modes of Angel City
    - Arc grenade/mine effects no longer draw on friendly Pilots and Titans
    - Lowered the point value of defensive actions in Hardpoint mode and CTF.
    - Increased the score limit in Attrition
    - Flag Return points reduced
    - Flag Carrier killed points reduced
    - Explosives detonated by Dead Man’s Trigger are now slightly delayed
    - Explosives detonated by Dead Man’s Trigger now play a warning sound before exploding
    - Slightly decreased the damage of the Smart Pistol when not locked onto a Pilot
    - Slightly decreased the hip-fire accuracy of the Smart Pistol
    - Certain Burn Cards could be exploited to give multiple uses
    - Evac Dropships are now more responsive to Pilots entering them
    - Hacking a Mega Turret will now restore it’s health to full
    - Cluster Missiles damage reduced against Evac Dropships
    Bug Fixes

- Titan could become stuck in the position he lands in
    - Auto-Titan wouldn’t stand up until you embarked into it
    - Several rare server issues restarting the game in to the lobby
    - Pilot could end up out of bounds while rodeoing a Titan as it is destroyed
    - Pilot could warp through certain locations when jumping off a Titan
    - Rodeoing a Titan that has been doomed by your SMR could kill you
    - Players being able to enter some geometry in Smuggler’s Cove
    - Titanfall will now give proper kill credit when it kills a Pilot embarking into their Titan
    - Minions in Attrition now continue to spawn until the Epilogue begins
    - Player couldn’t hack a Mega Turret console
    - Server would sometimes error when leeching a Spectre
    - Hardpoints sometimes awarded defense score to players not near the hardpoint
    - Rare issue when ejecting from a Titan
    - Server would sometimes error after a match while returning to the lobby
    - Double XP burn card sometimes not being applied properly
    SOURCE: Respawn

Great games tonight, some laugh with the lads here! What makes this game special!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Great games tonight, some laugh with the lads here! What makes this game special!

You were doing well in last titan standing, consistently one of the last, it's an interesting gametype, took me a while to shake the 'charge in like a bull' mentality. First regen down now. The march to gen 10 continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Put a few more hours in amd still not all that impressed by it. It plays well and it's fun but there's just so much out there that I can't see myself playing this 6 months from now. Even today I found myself opting to turn it off after half an hour and play some Thief instead. Booted it up a few hours later and didn't even play a game, opted to play some Payday 2 instead.

I think that the PC version won't have that much stayingpower. It's a game that will be hugely popular for a few months but 6 no the from now I can see playing the single player to be next to impossible and the lobbies will be a lot emptier. There's just so much competition out there that PC gamers will have moved on to something else by hat said I can see it remaining popular on the One. The lack of titles available for it and the lack of anything really big upcoming means that a lot of people will stick with it simply due to lack of any substitute though come November the latest COD will take a big part of the games audience.

Would like to see the season pass or just an update do something with the single player. It's a credit to then that they simply didn't throw together a generic 6 hour QTA shooter but what they delivered, while ambitious is complete nonsense. I'm still not entirely sure what it's about.

Don't think i ever played any game longer than 6 months unless it was MMO
    Cod/BF etc only ever played for about 2-3 months.
    Only fps i ever played longer than 6 months was Planetside 2

Not sure why people always expect if a game doesn't still have a large player base long after release it's considered bad.

I don't even buy dlc for games because i've moved on by the time it's released and as you said there's too much competition out there on PC
    I won't be playing Titanfall in 6 months as i'll be playing Wildstar.
    I live in the moment and at the moment Titanfall is fun!

New patch out, from titanfallblog:

New server patch for Titanfall on Xbox One and PC rolling out; patch notes released
    March 22, 2014
    ShareTweet+ 1Mail
    A new patch for Titanfall has been released on Xbox One and PC; the patch is slowly rolling out, and Respawn has put the patch notes up of what the patch contains. The patch will finish rolling out tomorrow to all servers.

3/21/2014 Server Changelog

Balancing adjustments and general changes

- The damage indicator from Electric Smoke is now much more noticeable
    - Search Drones will now show up in Classic Modes of Angel City
    - Arc grenade/mine effects no longer draw on friendly Pilots and Titans
    - Lowered the point value of defensive actions in Hardpoint mode and CTF.
    - Increased the score limit in Attrition
    - Flag Return points reduced
    - Flag Carrier killed points reduced
    - Explosives detonated by Dead Man’s Trigger are now slightly delayed
    - Explosives detonated by Dead Man’s Trigger now play a warning sound before exploding
    - Slightly decreased the damage of the Smart Pistol when not locked onto a Pilot
    - Slightly decreased the hip-fire accuracy of the Smart Pistol
    - Certain Burn Cards could be exploited to give multiple uses
    - Evac Dropships are now more responsive to Pilots entering them
    - Hacking a Mega Turret will now restore it’s health to full
    - Cluster Missiles damage reduced against Evac Dropships
    Bug Fixes

- Titan could become stuck in the position he lands in
    - Auto-Titan wouldn’t stand up until you embarked into it
    - Several rare server issues restarting the game in to the lobby
    - Pilot could end up out of bounds while rodeoing a Titan as it is destroyed
    - Pilot could warp through certain locations when jumping off a Titan
    - Rodeoing a Titan that has been doomed by your SMR could kill you
    - Players being able to enter some geometry in Smuggler’s Cove
    - Titanfall will now give proper kill credit when it kills a Pilot embarking into their Titan
    - Minions in Attrition now continue to spawn until the Epilogue begins
    - Player couldn’t hack a Mega Turret console
    - Server would sometimes error when leeching a Spectre
    - Hardpoints sometimes awarded defense score to players not near the hardpoint
    - Rare issue when ejecting from a Titan
    - Server would sometimes error after a match while returning to the lobby
    - Double XP burn card sometimes not being applied properly
    SOURCE: Respawn

Nice to see a patch but I'm kinda disappointed that crossfire / sli users haven't got a patch to fix multigpu on PC . They really need to get it sorted it ASAP .

Nice to see a patch but I'm kinda disappointed that crossfire / sli users haven't got a patch to fix multigpu on PC . They really need to get it sorted it ASAP .

Thats up to ATI/Nvidia afaik

KilOit wrote: »
    Thats up to ATI/Nvidia afaik

It's down to respawn , they have said a patch is coming to fix it through their end .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

KilOit wrote: »
    Don't think i ever played any game longer than 6 months unless it was MMO
    Cod/BF etc only ever played for about 2-3 months.
    Only fps i ever played longer than 6 months was Planetside 2

Not sure why people always expect if a game doesn't still have a large player base long after release it's considered bad.

I don't even buy dlc for games because i've moved on by the time it's released and as you said there's too much competition out there on PC
    I won't be playing Titanfall in 6 months as i'll be playing Wildstar.
    I live in the moment and at the moment Titanfall is fun!

I think the truely great multiplayer games grow and last for years, while the rest peak in the first few months and then fade away until only their relatively small core remains.It isn't confined to shooters either, relatively new multiplayer powerhouses like LoL and Dota2 have shown how to hold gamers attention for years while constantly attracting new players. Even in the MMO world everything outside of a select few games have peaked very early in their lifecycle.

• Advertisement

Magill wrote: »
    I think the truely great multiplayer games grow and last for years, while the rest peak in the first few months and then fade away until only their relatively small core remains.It isn't confined to shooters either, relatively new multiplayer powerhouses like LoL and Dota2 have shown how to hold gamers attention for years while constantly attracting new players. Even in the MMO world everything outside of a select few games have peaked very early in their lifecycle.

Compensative games like CS and Mobo games never appealed to me. you can't compare games like that to new multiplayer releases.

CS remains popular because it works on a potato hooked up to a monitor so the entire world can pretty much play it, and mobo games are free and run relatively well on low end computers. they're different beasts and have their own scene, a good chunk of these players wouldn't even be aware of other multiplayer games, and they resemble a CoD players who just plays CoD on a console, completely unaware and uninterested in new and up coming games.

Titanfall imo is not a competitive multiplayer game and will never be like CS.
    The only thing that would keep it alive is a 1-2 year instalment like CoD and BF

Advertisement