Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

KilOit wrote: »
    Compensative games like CS and Mobo games never appealed to me. you can't compare games like that to new multiplayer releases.

CS remains popular because it works on a potato hooked up to a monitor so the entire world can pretty much play it, and mobo games are free and run relatively well on low end computers. they're different beasts and have their own scene, a good chunk of these players wouldn't even be aware of other multiplayer games, and they resemble a CoD players who just plays CoD on a console, completely unaware and uninterested in new and up coming games.

Titanfall imo is not a competitive multiplayer game and will never be like CS.
    The only thing that would keep it alive is a 1-2 year instalment like CoD and BF

:o CS:GO was only released a year and a half ago, not exactly the most demanding game but you do need a half decent PC to run it properly !

That's beside the point anyway, i'm talking about the ability to keep players coming back for more. Yes LoL and DoTA are free, but surely that shouldn't be a reason why players continue to come back year after year. I guess the competitive element these games have helps, as people tend to get bored relatively quickly of casual pub stomping games. I don't think you can call a game "Great" if the majority of its initial playerbase get bored after a few months... is all im saying.

We'll have to see how well Titanfall does that, I think it might have a good chance on the consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

The thoughts of having some competitive clan games in Titanfall really do appeal to me. I'm sure they will keep adding features to the game. I wouldn't mind a leaderboard so you can compare stats with people also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah they need some stats integration. Always liked killing lobby wait times having a snoop at everyone's stats.

My Wishlist:
    FFA playlist
    Proper clans
    Stats
    Easier access to friends

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

maximoose wrote: »
    Yeah they need some stats integration. Always liked killing lobby wait times having a snoop at everyone's stats.

My Wishlist:
    FFA playlist
    Proper clans
    Stats
    Easier access to friends

I don't think ffa would work unless it was a no titan mode. If there was titans it would mean whoever got their titan first would win easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

maximoose wrote: »

My Wishlist:
    FFA playlist
    Proper clans
    Stats
    Easier access to friends

FFA wouldn't work and introducing a stats system so everyone will see will just bring out the pompous retardness out in people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

FFA wouldn't work and introducing a stats system so everyone will see will just bring out the pompous retardness out in people.

You're dead right. Its nice go just sit and chill between matches rather than poring over stats and judging k/d than before. One thing I would like to see added though is the ability to check the scoreboard of the previous match while waiting for the next round to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

I'm happy enough with the stats as is, but I would like to see a Titan kill assist stat as well. The amount of times you'll nearly bring a Titan to it's knees and someone else clips the last bit of health off it is annoying. I know you still get the XP for an assist, it'd just be nice to see at the end of a match.

I've just finished my longest session (only two hours) there now and I have to say it's better than I thought. I had so much fun in the stryder titan with the quad rocket, seriously underrated setup. I did not want to turn it off but stupid girlfriend said we had to go see some of her friends :( God I miss the days of 8 and 9 hour gaming sessions !!

Just happened to watch this...Some serious kills here;

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Karagrua

If that mid air sniper shot was made with an Xbox Controller that man deserves global fame and an entourage of sexy bitches.

Edit: How un-PC of me actually, in case of woman, entourage of sexy blokes.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Bit of Titanfall randomness

miju wrote: »

What's your gamertag again ?

miju irl

miju irl

Added there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

I'll add all of ye later. I'm getting my arse handed to me. Might as well get it handed to me by boardsies!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is there no in game chat, when ever I go into random games you never hear anyone chat to each other, is that normal?
    My NAT settings say moderate but I can hear people in other games? Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Is there no in game chat, when ever I go into random games you never hear anyone chat to each other, is that normal?
    My NAT settings say moderate but I can hear people in other games? Any ideas?

On PC, I've heard people talk in the lobby, but it's usually poor quality. Have a look under the options menu, there's a defined key you use for push to talk as far as I remember.

Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Has anybody had trouble navigating the challenges menu?

I ask because I'm nearly through gen 2 and trying to figure out whether I have the four challenges done. On the Xbone there is two filters one for active and one for All. On the EVA-8 shotgun the 2 challenges for progression are

EVA-8 Shotgun: If It Moves…
    EVA-8 Shotgun: Top Gun

Neither of these challenges are showing up in either filters. Does this mean I have the challenges complete or is this a glitch?

Has anybody else seen this or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Has anybody had trouble navigating the challenges menu?

I ask because I'm nearly through gen 2 and trying to figure out whether I have the four challenges done. On the Xbone there is two filters one for active and one for All. On the EVA-8 shotgun the 2 challenges for progression are

EVA-8 Shotgun: If It Moves…
    EVA-8 Shotgun: Top Gun

Neither of these challenges are showing up in either filters. Does this mean I have the challenges complete or is this a glitch?

Has anybody else seen this or am I missing something?

At the bottom of the 'Challenges' screen you should see a new section called 'Regeneration'. Once you have these completed and when you hit level 50, you will be able to regenerate again.

I don't have any issues viewing them, but I am on PC. Hope this helps!

• Advertisement

Speaking of regenerations. Has anyone else gotten stuck / found it slow going for the Gen 6 regen due to the Gooser challenge?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Falthyron wrote: »
    At the bottom of the 'Challenges' screen you should see a new section called 'Regeneration'. Once you have these completed and when you hit level 50, you will be able to regenerate again.

I don't have any issues viewing them, but I am on PC. Hope this helps!

Thanks! I see them now. I didn't even realise they were there. That makes things much simpler.

2000 xp until I regenerate for the first time. Just as a mater of interest how long is it taking everyone to get from one generation to the next ? It took me 14 hrs.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    2000 xp until I regenerate for the first time. Just as a mater of interest how long is it taking everyone to get from one generation to the next ? It took me 14 hrs.

took me 10 fo 1st regen and by the 4th gen took me just 3 hours to hit 5th.

Been on the 5th now for about 30 hours :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DracusWlf

I missed out playing for the weekend i am so far behind!! Getting the titanfall shakes. :) haha
    This regeneration business is interesting. I dont usually go for shotguns or sidearms etc just pick my trusty assault rifle and sniper rifle.
    But i find that i am going for all the challenges which is cool.

I hear those gooser kills are tough. There has to be a knack to it!! :)

DracusWlf wrote: »
    I hear those gooser kills are tough. There has to be a knack to it!! :)

There is , it's actually VERRY easy when you finally figure out the knack. Took me 1562 rodeo kills before I figured it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

There is , it's actually VERRY easy when you finally figure out the knack. Took me 1562 rodeo kills before I figured it
    Do tell,
    Only gen 4 so won't be doing it till another few days

took me 10 fo 1st regen and by the 4th gen took me just 3 hours to hit 5th.

Been on the 5th now for about 30 hours :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I take its the gooser kills ? I can see them changing that challenge

Anybody having problem today ? I keep loosing connection to the servers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Anybody having problem today ? I keep loosing connection to the servers

Got that yesterday. Its been happening since the server update 2 days ago. Hopefully they are working on it.

Advertisement