Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Got that yesterday. Its been happening since the server update 2 days ago. Hopefully they are working on it.

Got a few games in after but disconnected again a while later

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

tonights matches with miju remided me of this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Gotta say, really fun but the team balancing in match-making is just rubbish. One-sided games aren't fun for anyone.

Just to clarify my earlier point. I wasn't equating number of players 6 months from now with quality, merely pointing out that I don't think the game will have the long term appeal that many believe it will. The lack of any offline play is a huge disadvantage. It means that as players move onto the next big thing getting a game will be hard. On the One I can see it being popular a year from now but unless the DLC really wows I can't see the PC community being all the big s year from now. And it's a shame as the game is good fun.

I've found it rather temperamental in recant days with the game repeatedly kicking me out of a game. Connecting to a server is proving difficult and one a number of occasions I've just quit the game out of frustration. Has the game an offline single player modes or even an ability to play around with bots offline I'd have had a go but due to the issues I spent my Titanfall time playing some Metro 2033.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

^^ completely agree with you..I enjoy it but I rarely play more than 30 mins as I just get bored of it and move onto BF4/BC2/L4D2 or Fifa on the XB1.
    I got the titanfall xbox bundle but have only played one round as since I have it on PC as well I just couldn't be arsed playing it on the xb1 either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DracusWlf

miju wrote: »
    There is , it's actually VERRY easy when you finally figure out the knack. Took me 1562 rodeo kills before I figured it

Wow, google here i come. :) now to regenerate the first time!
    I sill cant find the regeneration tab in the cahllenges menu does it only appear after you regenerate the first time?

Between work and stuff i think there should be some law for mandatory gaming time. That way everyone would be happy. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

DracusWlf wrote: »
    Wow, google here i come. :) now to regenerate the first time!

No matter what way you approach it you can expect a minimum 6 - 8 hour grind on Last Titan Standing using the chain gun for it.

Mine got sped up a good bit by the fact clan members where calling an ejection so I could turn where their names where and look up to shoot, got 28 gooser kills last night doing that. It will speed up the challenge for alot of the others when they hit Gen 5 as well.

Only 12 more to go :):):)
    tonights matches with miju remided me of this :D

That sums up the gooser challenge perfectly

No matter what way you approach it you can expect a minimum 6 - 8 hour grind on Last Titan Standing using the chain gun for it.

Mine got sped up a good bit by the fact clan members where calling an ejection so I could turn where their names where and look up to shoot, got 28 gooser kills last night doing that. It will speed up the challenge for alot of the others when they hit Gen 5 as well.

Only 12 more to go :):):)

That sums up the gooser challenge perfectly

Cool will start the grind so!! Need more sit down time. :)
    Big robots stomp stomp!! :) haha
    Thanks for that Miju :)

Cool will start the grind so!! Need more sit down time. :)

It will only count when you are Gen 5 and gooser kills before hitting Gen 5 will be wasted but always good to get the practice in :):)

It will only count when you are Gen 5 and gooser kills before hitting Gen 5 will be wasted but always good to get the practice in :):)

oh right, wont worry about them so for now. :) forgot about the reset each time.
    Have the servers been sorted yet? they better be before 5. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Is everyone playing this within parties? I haven't heard anyone talking since I've started playing,it's lacking that bit of craic....not to mind it's lonely ��

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Is everyone playing this within parties? I haven't heard anyone talking since I've started playing,it's lacking that bit of craic....not to mind it's lonely ��

I am still trying to figure out how to get the microphone working. It is a bit lonely all right. Any ideas guys?

I am still trying to figure out how to get the microphone working. It is a bit lonely all right. Any ideas guys?

ive noticed most join in blocks of 3-6 suggesting they are partied up.

Add a few of us and if theres room we'll invite you into a party

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Anybody able to get in on PC? Says there are no servers for me :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've been getting that too this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Was chatting to the game's community manager on Twitter, he doesn't have much in the way of details beyond that the PC version uses the same Microsoft servers as the XBone and that there's something wrong with them.

The one night this week I can actually play, and the bloody thing is off limits :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

I've been wanting to play all day, and finally when I get the chance the servers are down lol. Gah!

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Sarky wrote: »
    The one night this week I can actually play, and the bloody thing is off limits :(

So it's your fault? :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Down alright, feck sake :( .
    you hold down [Z] to speak if that's what your asking :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Karagrua

I've added 6 people from this site to my origin list, there are surely more PC players out there? Would be nice to get an all boardsie game goin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Servers still down. Hazards of paying for an on-line only game I guess :(

Servers still down. Hazards of paying for an on-line only game I guess :(

Tried to play this evening and had the same issue as everyone else. The past few days have been nothing but issue after issue. At least if theres a problem with the online aspect of something like Payday or Left 4 Dead or Battlefield you can still play the game on your own but with Titanfall there's nothing to do but quit and play something else. Hopefully the issue is sorted tomorrow as I've a friend coming over to give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It has been down worldwide for the past 6 hours, but people have been getting back into it now, but the players cannot find an opposing team http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=790778&page=5

yoyo wrote: »
    Down alright, feck sake :( .

you hold down [Z] to speak if that's what your asking :)

Nick

Aw thanks for that i will try that later on if the game is back working. :)

was back working around 1am ish. Got put straight into a game against 2 Gen 10 players in attrition.

Trounced them with a 24 - 0 k/d

Boosting fooks :P:P:P:P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Yeah, a gen 10 player should be able to use all op weapons without worrying about challenges, must be boosters if they're gen 10 and useless

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Didnt have time to play last night myself so the server outage didn't affect me thankfully. Its beyond me why fellas sit in a corner boosting, theres nothing to be gained from it, and seeing a gen 10 player is more of an indication of time put in as opposed to skill. In fairness to you, you've put put in the time to get the challenges legit. I'm of the opinion that getting the challenges legit actually makes you a better player as it makes you try all the equipment and loadouts that are on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Not sure about the PC, but for the Xbox One, there are new modes in the pipline and they will be available free of charge. There will be maps etc also available as DLC, but will be chargeable.

http://www.totalxbox.com/73937/all-titanfall-dlc-modes-will-be-free/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Aimman wrote: »
    Not sure about the PC, but for the Xbox One, there are new modes in the pipline and they will be available free of charge. There will be maps etc also available as DLC, but will be chargeable.

http://www.totalxbox.com/73937/all-titanfall-dlc-modes-will-be-free/

Yeah the new modes will be free but the maps are not

• Advertisement

In fairness to you, you've put put in the time to get the challenges legit. I'm of the opinion that getting the challenges legit actually makes you a better player as it makes you try all the equipment and loadouts that are on offer.

Damn right I have (though was very hard to resist boosting the gooser challenge).
    KilOit wrote: »
    Yeah, a gen 10 player should be able to use all op weapons without worrying about challenges, must be boosters if they're gen 10 and useless

You can ALWAYS tell the boosters I think. The challenges are really well thought out even the gooser challenge.

At this stage I think it's safe to say the chances of me dooming a titan and the ejecting pilot rodeoing me a few seconds later are alot slimmer now.

Thats what the Gen icons should represent that you see a higher gen you know they've been "trained" to play the game in alot of different ways so can adapt.

Advertisement