Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

miju wrote: »
    Anyone else finding the Gen 8 100 wins challenge a bit of a pain in the hole??

The last Titan standing matches wouldn't be helping because they can last up to 20 minutes.

Attrition and Hard point would be the best choice because these can be very quick matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Just got this on PC over the weekend. Really enjoying it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

No miju,because your the only Gen 8 here:D

Tis grand though, any time we get matched with an opposing team, they think, "heres a full party, and one booster" :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Tis grand though, any time we get matched with an opposing team, they think, "heres a full party, and one booster" :D

Very true that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

any other 360 peasants out there (in here) impatiently waiting. . .?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

At level 50 for a few days but haven't regenerated yet. Going for the "All the Hardware" achievement.

Only have the Titan weapon mods to unlock, the Kill 20 Titans with each weapon is proving a bit of a slog.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Capture the Flag in this is the best game mode easily.

Capture the Flag in this is the best game mode easily.

I haven't warmed to capture the flag yet.

The intensity of the mode is great. I think it needs a few tweaks to make it really good. I think the flag carrier should not be able to get into a Titan. I'd like to see maybe a pilot only capture the flag mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Has anyone on PC managed to get into a game in the improved match making yet? Its broke as **** for me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

^^^^^ i like the date

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Has anyone on PC managed to get into a game in the improved match making yet? Its broke as **** for me.

I've tried it a few times too only to be left looking at a loading screen for 5 minutes with nothing happening whilst it searches for games. Poor implementation to have it running side by side with the other when no one will bother with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I've a horrible feeling we've been trolled :(

Shared in on FB then I felt very silly. Ill look again tomorrow :)

Vicxas wrote: »
    I've a horrible feeling we've been trolled :(

Shared in on FB then I felt very silly. Ill look again tomorrow :)
    Titantroll!
    Damn, I wanted a firetruck. **** you Respawn :P

Lads add me on origin srumball online now

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Anybody else feel like the Longbow is very underpowered?It takes about 2-3 shots to kill a pilot at least.

Anybody else feel like the Longbow is very underpowered?It takes about 2-3 shots to kill a pilot at least.

Using the the Longbow sniper rifle it takes 2 shots to kill a pilot or 1 headshot.

I recommend firing both shots on top of each other so you'll have your kill very quickly or if its a handy shot go straight for the head. Its good that the sniper rifles aren't a 1 shot kill to the body, it prevents all the quick scoping non sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Using the the Longbow sniper rifle it takes 2 shots to kill a pilot or 1 headshot.

I recommend firing both shots on top of each other so you'll have your kill very quickly or if its a handy shot go straight for the head. Its good that the sniper rifles aren't a 1 shot kill to the body, it prevents all the quick scoping non sense.

I had the suppressor equipped as soon as I dropped that it felt pretty good and I had no problems.

Has anyone had any success with the Hemlock?

I just cant get the Burst fire to have any success with jumpy runny Pilots.

starburst perk = pilot dead :)

• Advertisement

Id say its nearly the next best gun after the carbine.

Id say its nearly the next best gun after the carbine.

I must be holding it backwards so :) :P

I must be holding it backwards so :) :P

I dunno, I like single shot weapons and burst fire weapons in most games like cod, so maybe it just suits me more or I'm a bit more used to what to expect.

throw on the minion detector to your pilot class, then practice on the grunts and spectres, you wont be long getting handy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I quite like it. Just about to go to gen 3 and I've been swapping around guns a lot. Probably my 2nd fave gun after the CAR

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm not personally a fan of burst fire guns in these sorts of games, but I did stick the burst fire for the 40mm cannon on my Titan last night and saw immediate results, so I may have to revisit Mr Hemlock :)

I decided yesterday to shotgun all the time, just cause :) Catching a drop pod full of creeps and having lead wall = satisfying :D

DO we have an Origin ID thread?? I want to find some people playing online

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I think my only real issue with Titanfall is the matchmaking, or lack of it.

Way too many times now have I come up against teams of Gen 4, 5 and even 8 whilst my own team has people still in their first Gen, of course many people simply leave when they see it so not our we outplayed, but also outnumbered.

I know a premade team when I see one, I ran many of them in WoW for years haha.

Aside from that, even when outnumbered its a great game, very very fun to play, which I'd saying something considering my hatred of shooting games in general.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I think my only real issue with Titanfall is the matchmaking, or lack of it.

Way too many times now have I come up against teams of Gen 4, 5 and even 8 whilst my own team has people still in their first Gen, of course many people simply leave when they see it so not our we outplayed, but also outnumbered.

It is a problem but how do you fix it when clans / parties are invovled. Last night we had a problem getting a game started for a good while

Random players or full teams would join and see a full team with a Gen 9, 5, 4, 3, 3, 2 and quit instantly.

Its annoying for us too you know :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Fix it with a better matchmaking system, or performance based ranking - either in place of or alongside the generations.

These xp style ranks have always irked me, was it COD that made them such a popular feature? High gen ≠ high skill, often just means endless hours poured in to the game (granted better players will earn xp faster and level up quicker)

I know, as said before in here, that performance ranking can bring out the childish assholes in people but I just think it's more fun and the days of having to listen to people going nuts/being abusive are gone thanks to party chat. I miss halo 2 ranks...

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    Fix it with a better matchmaking system, or performance based ranking - either in place of or alongside the generations.

But what I mean is if you have a team / party of 6 players are you going to leave them sitting there for 10 minutes while an "equal" match is found?

What is there is not match and they are just sitting there endlessly?

Generation doesnt mean much at the moment unless your Gen 10 or 1st Gen Lvl 50 thats not regenerating because thats the only two Gen's where your properly free to play without altering your play style due to challenges for further progression.

For example I'm 9th Gen and last night had to run around trying to get 75 pilot kills with a smart pistol and more kills with the Kraber sniper, I was pretty ineffective for my team most of last night because of that and I was getting owned a fair few times because I wasn't focused on the game, just the challenge.

My titan setup is always ogre, chain gun and I usually cause alot of hassle with that but again last night I was using rail run looking for critical hits in an atlas.

Alot of Gen players will play like that especially the higher gens as the challenges really make you go out of your way to get them.

Advertisement