Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I haven't played Titanfall in about two weeks, because any time I try to, and especially if I see you lads online and try to join, my Xbox One ****s itself. I get kicked from the party and apps won't open. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

miju wrote: »
    It is a problem but how do you fix it when clans / parties are invovled. Last night we had a problem getting a game started for a good while

Random players or full teams would join and see a full team with a Gen 9, 5, 4, 3, 3, 2 and quit instantly.

Its annoying for us too you know :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Oh yeah, I have no doubt at all it's annoying as a higher level team, like I said, I ran premade teams in WoW for some 7 years.

But it can be really disheartening for a new player to the game to just get steam rolled constantly when they first get into playing. I'm level 20 now and I'd admit I've lost the vast majority of the games I've played, especially going up against a clan type team in a Last Titan Standing match.

Like I said, it's an annoyance, but I'm grand to deal with it because it's mostly a really fun game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

I don't think its a difficult game to get used to. I started playing yesterday and I'v no idea if im doing well or not half the time its just chaos and simplistic fun. The only advantage experienced players have is they know the maps better

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I haven't played Titanfall in about two weeks, because any time I try to, and especially if I see you lads online and try to join, my Xbox One ****s itself. I get kicked from the party and apps won't open. Very annoying.

have you done a full system power down and restart, and updated your controller? might be worth a shot.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I have no doubt at all it's annoying as a higher level team, like I said, I ran premade teams in WoW for some 7 years.

But it can be really disheartening for a new player to the game to just get steam rolled constantly when they first get into playing. I'm level 20 now and I'd admit I've lost the vast majority of the games I've played, especially going up against a clan type team in a Last Titan Standing match.

Like I said, it's an annoyance, but I'm grand to deal with it because it's mostly a really fun game.

One thing I'm surprised by is the amount of low level players that you run into - fellas at level 10 to 20 (no offence) there must still be people out there just buying the game now. In COD, everyone would be well up the levels by now. It shouldn't be that hard to take a team like ours with levels ranging from 9 to 0 and find a more suitable match, rather than dumping us in with noobs - surely there are other full parties of 6 online at the same time as us.

@ Sonic - Last titan standing isnt worth playing on your own, its too tactical.

• Advertisement

have you done a full system power down and restart, and updated your controller? might be worth a shot.

Yeah. :(

Yeah. :(

how about your router? my old one used to be a finicky fool of a yolk, To get it to work properly with xbox live, I used to have to turn off the wifi on every device in the house, then plug out the router for five minutes. upon restart , I made sure the xbox was the first device to connect to the router. It'd be grand for 3 or 4 weeks and then I'd have to do it again. it was a zyxel pw660 if thats any use to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

The ****ers camping with the auto pistol....

Your **** now go play cod and camp please....

Im not talkin bout those doing the challenges in 9th gen btw last night was full of campers.. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Is the NAT open in the XB1 network settings? Who is your ISP? What router do you use?

Are your ports open to the XB1 IP address?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Is anybody able to get a match on the PC tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Benzino wrote: »
    Is anybody able to get a match on the PC tonight?

I switched to US servers earlier today, EU queues seem to be a bit longer than normal.

It looks like the beta matchmaking has gone from my client too.

I switched to US servers earlier today, EU queues seem to be a bit longer than normal.

I'll give that a go, I eventually got into a game after waiting 10 minutes or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

The beta matchmaking is live now, so not a separate playlist anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Weird one but does the Radar Pusle tactical ability make anyone else feel slightly queasy when using it? It's mad because I never, ever experienced motion sickness while playing any kind of FPS but I think that the way the outlines just jump and jitter does something weird to my brain.

Is the NAT open in the XB1 network settings? Who is your ISP? What router do you use?

Are your ports open to the XB1 IP address?

NAT is open, ISP is UPC, using their standard router with homeplugs.

Ports are not open actually, have the ports changed from 360 from Xbox One?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

The ****ers camping with the auto pistol....

Your **** now go play cod and camp please....

Im not talkin bout those doing the challenges in 9th gen btw last night was full of campers.. ..

I said I saw alot of that in the beta . I really hate that gun . It feels like a cheap way to die . I know they nerfed it but it still annoys me .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

NAT is open, ISP is UPC, using their standard router with homeplugs.

Ports are not open actually, have the ports changed from 360 from Xbox One?

Yes, there are a few more ports. Set the Xbox to manual IP address and open the following ports listed here http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

I did a guide for it a little while ago, here it is.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87836847&postcount=40

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Sitting in a lobby for 10 minutes now, so annoying.

Yes, there are a few more ports. Set the Xbox to manual IP address and open the following ports listed here http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

I did a guide for it a little while ago, here it is.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87836847&postcount=40

Guide works spot on, however my router is reserved pretty much for the X1, if I knock the x360 on I will get moderate NAT unless I knock of the X1 and use it's IP. Eircom routers suck @ port forwarding.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I said I saw alot of that in the beta . I really hate that gun . It feels like a cheap way to die . I know they nerfed it but it still annoys me .

got a few rage messages along lines of "gen 9 smart pistol scrub noob"

just laughed and replied "gen 9 challenge bitch :)"

the smart pistol gen 9 challenge is def a troll by Respawn, i felt duuuuurty having to get 75 pilot kills with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

In fairness if a lad was behind you with any other gun ,you'd be dead anyway so can't really see how it's a cheap gun to use.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

In fairness if a lad was behind you with any other gun ,you'd be dead anyway so can't really see how it's a cheap gun to use.

^^^ This.

This statement of absolute truth negates all bitching about the smart pistol. If you're letting someone run along behind you for long enough to lock on, you're dead anyway. You just gotta accept that some people are stealth bastards who like sneaking around and taking others from behind - regardless of Gen 9 challenges or not :p

I gotta say, the lack of snipers in the game is sheer joy. Snipers in computer games are people who are such utter pussies that they can't even engage their enemies on even terms in a digital battlefield, imagine what sorts of cowards they are in the real world? :pac:

I've used the sniper rifles to farm creeps and to ding challenges for XP. Those are always my worst scoring matches too, but knowing where the creeps drop on maps means you can rush your titan pretty quick.

Spent last night working on the LMG and unlocked most things for it. LMGs have always been my weapon of choice in the Battlefield series, but this being such a different game, it took me a little while to find my feet with it. It's nice to simply be able to keep spitting bullets out when you're engaged in a 1 on 1 with another pilot and you're both jumping and bouncing around the place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Only used the smart pistol for a short while to get the unlocks, must say I kinda enjoyed it! The permanent cloak burn cards did make life easier though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 Paracord

I take great offense to this as an almost exclusive user of sniper rifles in FPS games.

Even terms? You have a 30 round mag and full automatic capability. I have a 5 - 10 round mag and bolt action. My range advantage is negated by your firepower advantage. Its then up to you not to get in my line of fire and get close enough to bring your firepower to bear. Every advantage a sniper seemingly has also comes with a stack of drawbacks.

Snipers for the most part are not difficult to counter. I can't understand why you would be so irritated by us.

Sniping in Titanfall is tough but doable. I could complain that we got shafted - Kraber requires insane amounts of lead on moving targets - But I won't. I am glad its not COD laser rifle sniping for a change.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Paracord wrote: »
    My range advantage is negated by your firepower advantage. Its then up to you not to get in my line of fire and get close enough to bring your firepower to bear.

This is pretty much happens when I'm sniped on Titanfall or any FPS for that matter within 10-30 seconds of my next respawn I'm in their face.

Have always had a dislike of snipers and I can snipe well btw, just find it boring and nearly like remote viewing of the action.

On the other hand without snipers I'd have no one to troll :p:p:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

miju wrote: »
    This is pretty much happens when I'm sniped on Titanfall or any FPS for that matter within 10-30 seconds of my next respawn I'm in their face.

Have always had a dislike of snipers and I can snipe well btw, just find it boring and nearly like remote viewing of the action.

On the other hand without snipers I'd have no one to troll :p:p:p:p

Snipers make the best teabag victims. Their usually at the highest point of the map so everyone can get a good view of the teabagging

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Maybe you missed the bit where I said :pac:

I restate my pleasure that sniping isn't really prevalent in this game because it's meant to be played as a run and gun in the way the greatest FPS known to mankind - QuakeWorld was. This is probably why I love it so much, no other game has ever moved as quickly and required a mastery of speed of movement and situational awareness since UT or Q3 and it's a sheer joy to see it return to competitive FPS play.
    Paracord wrote: »
    I take great offense to this as an almost exclusive user of sniper rifles in FPS games.

Even terms? You have a 30 round mag and full automatic capability. I have a 5 - 10 round mag and bolt action. My range advantage is negated by your firepower advantage. Its then up to you not to get in my line of fire and get close enough to bring your firepower to bear. Every advantage a sniper seemingly has also comes with a stack of drawbacks.

Snipers for the most part are not difficult to counter. I can't understand why you would be so irritated by us.

Sniping in Titanfall is tough but doable. I could complain that we got shafted - Kraber requires insane amounts of lead on moving targets - But I won't. I am glad its not COD laser rifle sniping for a change.

Shiminay wrote: »
    ^^^ This.

This statement of absolute truth negates all bitching about the smart pistol. If you're letting someone run along behind you for long enough to lock on, you're dead anyway.

Not always true, you'd be surprised at how poor some people are at aiming. Many a time some person has started shooting me from behind only for me to end up killing them because they aim is shocking.

Benzino wrote: »
    Not always true, you'd be surprised at how poor some people are at aiming. Many a time some person has started shooting me from behind only for me to end up killing them because they aim is shocking.
    Doesn't that just distinguish the skillfull and unskillfull?
    Anybody with a good aim can hands down beat the Smart pistol, with carbine / smg for example.

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Anybody with a good aim can hands down beat the Smart pistol, with carbine / smg for example.

Unless they are following you and you are not aware of them. In that instance, they will always get the kill due to auto-aim, whereas a lot of unskilled players would still fail to kill you with a regular weapon.

Advertisement