Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

Private Matches YES!!, Respawn have shown excellent support for the game in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Now that there is private games there should be room for me to join into a few boardsie vs boardsie action! Add us GT:Bucko14189.

Mick every gripe i had with the game i knew in the back of my mind they would fix them, which is nice. I hope they fix screen tearing next! and make attrition even longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

any PC players here add me b3nji87ftw wanna find some players

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Private Matches YES!!, Respawn have shown excellent support for the game in fairness.

They needed to though really. It's still a pretty barebones game that needs another couple of game-modes to really keep it interesting.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Wow, 85.33 GB download for the patch it's telling me! Says it's coming in at 270+ MB/s. 1 minute remaining :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DracusWlf

miju wrote: »
    add my gamer tag miju irl and you will come across rest of us.

Thank you , will do that this evening. :)
    Stomp stomp. :) haha

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Had my first couple of games there on 360 and it's a whole lot of fun :)

The port plays really well (although I have nothing to compare it with, alas). Haven't noticed any jittery frame rate at all, plays very smooth indeed on default settings. Noticeably vaseline-y textures and resolution at times - not awful, but clearly compromised - but barely noticeable when actually playing. And it plays extremely well indeed.

Obviously the third best version of the game, but as I have no access to a One or gaming rig delighted to be able to play it at all - and a pleasant surprise how smooth the experience is on the ancient hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

Can folk add me on the one Mrbrocky, none of my mates have made the jump to one yet :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Source engine based games will always run well on old hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

for anyone thinking of picking this up on xbox one, its 47 euros for a download code here

https://www.gamepointsnow.com/codes/Titanfall-%28Xbox-One-Game-Code%29

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

recyclops wrote: »
    Can folk add me on the one Mrbrocky, none of my mates have made the jump to one yet :-(

it's usually easier if you add us :P:P:P:P:P

Anyone else watch the titanfall pax panel on twitch? Some great stuff coming, new mode called wingman last titan standing (2 on 2), also further titan customization including emblems.

One of the most interesting features was a hashtag player search. For example, if you were to set your hashtag as #boards, matchmaking will put you with other players who have the same tag. A really simple way to organize community game nights.

So I hit Gen 2 late last week and had a good few games over the weekend. I decided to take the smart pistol out for a look, just cause I had never once used it outside of the tutorial. Man is it incredible for farming - I had my first Titan down in my first game (Attrition) in 90 seconds after ignoring all pilots and just grunting it up.

However, in the interest of science, I thought it best to spend some time hunting pilots with it and my suspicions that a good jumpy pilot will beat it every time are confirmed. I pity any controller person trying to avoid getting blapped with it, you'll never be able to maneuver quickly enough unless your thumb sens is through the roof :) It was fun to play with for a while and I can see it working well in some maps over others, but I'll be going back to my SMGs.

I also spent a lot more time using the Rail Gun on my Titans. I find it works quite well on a Stryder and lets you play a medium range support for your teammates when they're engaging enemy Titans - the dashes lets you reposition quickly and get far enough away to be able to let the gun charge up fully.

Shiminay wrote: »

I also spent a lot more time using the Rail Gun on my Titans. I find it works quite well on a Stryder and lets you play a medium range support for your teammates when they're engaging enemy Titans - the dashes lets you reposition quickly and get far enough away to be able to let the gun charge up fully.

Im not a big fan of the railgun really, I have 30 more kills on titans to get and its almost impossible to not have your kill stolen by someone with a faster rate of fire. I like the way it takes down shields so quickly though.

Im not a big fan of the railgun really, I have 30 more kills on titans to get and its almost impossible to not have your kill stolen by someone with a faster rate of fire. I like the way it takes down shields so quickly though.

Exact same issues, silly challenge on the 3rd GEN has me drove nuts.
    9 times out of 10 I get an assist and not a Doomed Titan.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm in the same boat. It's so frustrating :(

yeah, the only luck I have is that I'm not anywhere near level 50 , so hopefully it'll just happen between now and then. I'd much rather be using the chaingun or 40mm cannon though.

Yea, after an initial start with mostly Chaingun, I've probably switched to 40mm as a favourite.

The Triple Threat in close quarters seems to do utterly horrific damage though, so that could well get an evening's attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Triple Threat is like a shotgun for titans, at close range it's appallingly dangerous. Great for aiming through windows to clear out pesky pilots stealing your hard-earned cap too. I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Yeah we came up a good team in LTS last night,they gave us a good hiding.There was one lad with the Stryder using the triple threat,once the dash core Kicked in there was nothing u could do to stop him.

• Advertisement

ooooh, that sounds like a nasty combination alright!

Yeah we came up a good team in LTS last night,they gave us a good hiding.There was one lad with the Stryder using the triple threat,once the dash core Kicked in there was nothing u could do to stop him.

2 good hidings!:D

2 good hidings!:D

Yeah but then miju came and they saw his gen 10,they ran for the hills:pac:

Yeah but then miju came and they saw his gen 10,they ran for the hills:pac:

Haha, the playground equivalent of 'im getting my big brother'!

Titanfall Mythbusters: Episode 1: http://youtu.be/mYYEE_9RQcI

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

^^ That was good, can see the Titanfall dmg on aircraft being patched after this:D

yeah, the only luck I have is that I'm not anywhere near level 50 , so hopefully it'll just happen between now and then. I'd much rather be using the chaingun or 40mm cannon though.
    Also, I become more ineffective when in a team of six because of the struggles with the Plasma, if I had the 40mm or the Triple Threat I would be much more useful to the team.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Has anyone played both the 360 and One versions? How do they stack up?

Titanfall glitch i encountered a few weeks back.Didnt know wtf was going on at first.Poor guy:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Has anyone played both the 360 and One versions? How do they stack up?

I was keeping my eye out for the reviews and it seems to have done very well. "Not as good, but good considering the technology" seems to be the general opinion.

Advertisement