Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Something that i would like see changed is the effectiveness of the turrets, they are beyond useless. It would make the game more fun if you had to battle for control of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Davei141 wrote: »
    Something that i would like see changed is the effectiveness of the turrets, they are beyond useless. It would make the game more fun if you had to battle for control of them.

Far from useless and it's completely dependant on the game mode your playing.

The turret also hammers your shields a good bit but then seems to stop firing after that point which is a good thing to be honest as the rang on that thing is nuts.

In attrition mode = fairly useless

In hardpoint = wrecks auto titans set on guard mode

In Last Titan Standing = usually difference on winning a 2v1 encounter

I guess I play too much on attrition so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Davei141 wrote: »

I'd like it if you could take direct control of them,and when they're under your direct control they'd have a higher damage output. It'd add another interesting dynamic to the battle. you're very exposed when hacking them, so it'd be a good balance of risk vs reward.

Yeah that is a very good idea, it could be like a weaker titan perhaps.

• Advertisement

Finally have all the railgun kills, done with 7 levels to spare before regen. Now, where's my 40mm cannon...

Screw scuf controllers, this is what we really need

How real men eject in Titanfall: http://youtu.be/abFJQSKCve8

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Match making is still sh*t

Match making is still sh*t

Im not finding it too bad. Campaign is basically like playing on the old match making system.

Finally got around to a private match among ourselves. Special mention to fellow member <snip> who got made my bitch :)

miju wrote: »
    Im not finding it too bad. Campaign is basically like playing on the old match making system.

Finally got around to a private match among ourselves. Special mention to fellow member <snip> who got made my bitch :)

:mad:

• Advertisement

Had to be done buddy :)

Had to be done buddy :)
    What's the Return policy on Xbox one Games?

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 83,247 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Regenerated to G2... yay me.

G1 I made my way to victory with the smart pistol. This time I'm planning to focus on rifles. Maybe in G3 I'll use nothing but the shotgun or SMG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

ummm

I am back after 1 month and nothing has changed. No new gamemodes. I will give it a go for a while but after a few hours it gets a bit boring.

I have noticed that is takes longer to find a lobby, where before it didnt.

also, what's wrong with the C4s? is it just me or after you throw them they move with you, I mean, I throw it, move left and the C4 trajectory changes and start to move slowly left as well? wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Overheal wrote: »
    Regenerated to G2... yay me.

G1 I made my way to victory with the smart pistol. This time I'm planning to focus on rifles. Maybe in G3 I'll use nothing but the shotgun or SMG

You'll need to use a shotgun to get to G3 :P Just reached it there myself. It's quite cool, being forced to use a specific weapon, I normally don't like it, but got quite good at it.

Oblig: Smart Pistol noob :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Played a good bit of this during the week on the 360 and i have been extremely impressed with the game. Like for a 360 game it looks really good. The maps are huge and fun.

The game is just none stop madness and for that its just so much fun.

Is there anyone here who has this on the 360 and up for a game ?

Add me on XBL TrustedWinter58

oh and another thing that hasnt improved is matchmaking... when are they going to look into it?

I keep being paired up with new players while the other team is full of G6+?

also, I was waiting in a lobbie, there was me and another player in my team and four in the opposite team, 2 new players join and the system puts them in the other team, so now its 2-6... and it was like that for the full game, needless to say I didnt win that game... and this happens often enough even during the game.

and then there is the 3-5 minutes wait while the system finds you a frew lobby...

Honestly I thought it would be fixed by now... anyway, game is still fun but they need to add more gametypes otherwise people will move on. I have the feeling they are just waiting for Titanfall 2 before they add any more gamemodes and this was more like a test to see if people liked it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Bohrio wrote: »
    oh and another thing that hasnt improved is matchmaking... when are they going to look into it?

I keep being paired up with new players while the other team is full of G6+?

also, I was waiting in a lobbie, there was me and another player in my team and four in the opposite team, 2 new players join and the system puts them in the other team, so now its 2-6... and it was like that for the full game, needless to say I didnt win that game... and this happens often enough even during the game.

and then there is the 3-5 minutes wait while the system finds you a frew lobby...

Honestly I thought it would be fixed by now... anyway, game is still fun but they need to add more gametypes otherwise people will move on. I have the feeling they are just waiting for Titanfall 2 before they add any more gamemodes and this was more like a test to see if people liked it

I picked this game up recently, in my second attrition match I was wondering why the opposite team all had these G's beside their name, the lowest was 6. I was the highest on my team at 11. No G's. Was not a fun game.

The number Or generation thing is no indicator of player skill, its just down to the time they've sank into the game.

The number Or generation thing is no indicator of player skill, its just down to the time they've sank into the game.

True but chances are taht a player who is level 11 no G is not going to be better than a player Level 11 on G8

It would be different if you were talking about a player level 50 and no G (maybe he didnt want to regenerate) than a player who just bought the game.

And it is not only the fact that you are paired up with players on different levels, is also that you go against 6 experience players while you are playing with 4 new players.

I rarely win a game when my team is full of players who havent regen and are not level 50 when I play against players who have already regen

• Advertisement

Similarly I've dominated G10 lvl 50 players so its perception at best.

Overheal wrote: »
    Similarly I've dominated G10 lvl 50 players so its perception at best.

I agree but we are talking on average. I also have no problem winning player of a higher rank. Levels and ranking is a reference as the matchmaking system cannot know whether I am better or the other guy is. Maybe it uses a different way to measure this. Maybe it is using k/d or w/l but you cant argue that win loss or kill death ratios can't tell you if a player is better or worse as well. And we are not talking about player who have been playing this game for days and never bother to rank up, most of this players who are level 20 or so have just got the game, there is no way they are gonna be better than player who have been up and down all the maps for hours if not days (unless the player is absolutely useless), just the fact that he is much more familiar with the maps makes a big difference. Again, I am not talking about G2 or G3 players, I am talking about players who have barely played the game for just a few hours.

But tbh that is the least of my concerns, I am more worried about not being able to play a proper 6v6 game, most of my games are 5v6 or 4v6, there is no excuse for that.

Or the spawning as well, how many times I spawn in front of a titan only to get squashed the second after...

Bohrio wrote: »
    True but chances are that a player who is level 11 no G is not going to be better than a player Level 11 on G8

Funny you should say that, other night there was a Lvl 1 player who was hammering Gens 2-10 all night long and died only twice the whole night. Their K/D for the night is below

1979526_10203610606092118_8715546113262167510_n.jpg

Funny you should say that, other night there was a Lvl 1 player who was hammering Gens 2-10 all night long and died only twice the whole night. Their K/D for the night is below

thats nuts. :eek:

That is why I said "chances"...

And the same apply... a level 50 G10 with a kd - 11.

They are exceptions to the rule! This is why I dont talk in absolutes (hence again why I said chances are that level 20 will be worse than a g10, not level 20 will always be worse than g10s...)

This is neither black or white...

Its like saying

So it wasnt hammering players who were not G2-10? ;)

Hey when I started Ihad no problem winning players that were already G2-3...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ha just played a game with my first 'Atlas Refurb' Burn Card. Used it on drop, and probably had the best game I'm ever going to play :pac:

Ha just played a game with my first 'Atlas Refurb' Burn Card. Used it on drop, and probably had the best game I'm ever going to play :pac:

Save your Echo Vision burn cards then.

The sheer and utter joy of wall hacks. Pair it up with pull rank and you'll be in heaven.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah I used Pull Rank in the same game, think there was maybe thirty seconds between my first titan and second. Could have well been the first and second fall!

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Still surprised by how not bored I am with this game, though I suppose having friends who also play it helps.
    I've found the matchmaking a bit bad still, but not as bad as it used to be. The wait for a match is terrible though! Sometimes you'll be waiting 3-5 minutes to be put into a team, makes it feel like no one is playing!

• Advertisement

thats nuts. :eek:

ah in fairness i was trolling :) that was me when i was playing on my fiance's gamer tag the other day

actually by time id finished that night her k/d was at 112 lol

Advertisement