Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

I hope to be playing this some day this week on xbox one, bought the game today on adverts. Looking forward to it :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Backfire wrote: »
    I hope to be playing this some day this week on xbox one, bought the game today on adverts. Looking forward to it :)

If your stuck for a few to play it with add a few of us from this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

miju wrote: »
    If your stuck for a few to play it with add a few of us from this thread

Thanks.
    I will go back through this thread and find a few usernames and hopefully they wont mind me joining in a few games.

Or if anyone wants to add me, my gamertag is Viority

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Is there anyone else here playing on the 360 ? Asked a few days ago and no invites LoL

Was playing the other night with a few friends online and we all had problems with our connections getting one bar and lagging. We all have at lest 10MB connections has anyone had this problem when playing online with Titanfall ?

Is there anyone else here playing on the 360 ? Asked a few days ago and no invites LoL

Was playing the other night with a few friends online and we all had problems with our connections getting one bar and lagging. We all have at lest 10MB connections has anyone had this problem when playing online with Titanfall ?

have you checked your all on the right data center? Sometimes the game will migrate you if your aren't all on same data centre which would explain high pings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

have you checked your all on the right data center? Sometimes the game will migrate you if your aren't all on same data centre which would explain high pings

Could be UPC, I've noticed my route to go to the Dublin Datacenter takes a detour through Europe first. Meanwhile the Netherlands server gets a great ping.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What's the verdict on the 360 version? Have it already on PC but thinking about picking it up to play online with friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Regenerated this morning for the first time. Saw that I had to get a few shotgun kills for the next regen so thought I get them out of the way asap.

Bare in mind I've never liked using shotguns in ANY game/game mode on any console/pc.

3rd game in I got 17 pilot kills. 8 more than I've ever gotten before.

Shotgunny is my new friend now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Regenerated this morning for the first time. Saw that I had to get a few shotgun kills for the next regen so thought I get them out of the way asap.

Bare in mind I've never liked using shotguns in ANY game/game mode on any console/pc.

Yeah, the shotgun is a beast depending on the map and how you play em. I wasnt overly impressed with the smg that I had to use for the gen 3 challenges. It felt a bit lacking.

Yeah, the shotgun is a beast depending on the map and how you play em.

Discovered this to be true this evening. Horses for courses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Didnt you get any abuse from the other players while you were using the shotgun? I had to use it to regen to g3 and the amount of abuse I got was impressive...

Havent used it since, extremely overpowered IMO, it almost feels like cheating lol

Bohrio wrote: »
    Didnt you get any abuse from the other players while you were using the shotgun? I had to use it to regen to g3 and the amount of abuse I got was impressive...

Havent used it since, extremely overpowered IMO, it almost feels like cheating lol

strangely enough, i find the online community in this to be very tame compared to the cod crowd, Ive yet to get a scaldy message off anyone. I think the fact that it was so hard to find recent players before the recent dashboard update meant that a lot of haters couldn't be bothered going to the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

strangely enough, i find the online community in this to be very tame compared to the cod crowd, Ive yet to get a scaldy message off anyone. I think the fact that it was so hard to find recent players before the recent dashboard update meant that a lot of haters couldn't be bothered going to the effort.

I didn't get any abuse for using the shotgun to get to G3 either, like you've said most of the people seem decent enough. One of the last games I played however, one of the guys on our team kept calling the other lads noobs in general chat cause they only beat us by 15 points, and one of 'em was a G6 :confused:

I've heard one of the challenges for later gens is getting kills with the Smart Pistol, so prepare for abuse on that :D

delta36 wrote: »
    I've heard one of the challenges for later gens is getting kills with the Smart Pistol, so prepare for abuse on that :D

Yeah it's hilariously the Gen 9 challenge. Oh the amount of hate mail I got over having to use that gun was unreal.

Was also a real eye opener though, because I hadnt used it up until then and most of time could outshoot someone with it. Was only when I started using did I realise the difference between an inexperienced player starting off with the smart pistol and an experienced play who never used it was massively beneficial I think I racked up all required pilot kills in 3-4 matches with it, was like a hyped up ninja :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,247 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yeah it's hilariously the Gen 9 challenge. Oh the amount of hate mail I got over having to use that gun was unreal.

Was also a real eye opener though, because I hadnt used it up until then and most of time could outshoot someone with it. Was only when I started using did I realise the difference between an inexperienced player starting off with the smart pistol and an experienced play who never used it was massively beneficial I think I racked up all required pilot kills in 3-4 matches with it, was like a hyped up ninja :)

yeah, if you're spotted with the pistol you're already screwed.

Overheal wrote: »
    yeah, if you're spotted with the pistol you're already screwed.

not really. While your trying to hit me in jumping around like a nutjob and locking on.

its actually a very viable weapon. But leaves you feeling so dirty

Got one shotgun noob bitchy remark but nothing apart from that. Though I do get ever so slightly pissed off when some kills me with the shotgun now.

"FCUKIN SHOTGUN"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Got one shotgun noob bitchy remark but nothing apart from that. Though I do get ever so slightly pissed off when some kills me with the shotgun now.

"FCUKIN SHOTGUN"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've gotten that a few times over the last few days. Makes it even better when I kill them :D

Anybody able to get a game on PC? Just getting infinite loading screen.

Edit: Nevermind, just got in there now.

I dunno what magic formula this game has, but I reckon its one of the finest, well balanced shooters out there. Hopped on for 30 minutes earlier to 'grind' a few challenges with the dmr and ended up on the wrong side of a 6 v 3, we didn't get a win, but I managed to severely annoy the two level sevens on the opposing team who thought they were going pubstomping.

• Advertisement

I dunno what magic formula this game has, but I reckon its one of the finest, well balanced shooters out there. Hopped on for 30 minutes earlier to 'grind' a few challenges with the dmr and ended up on the wrong side of a 6 v 3, we didn't get a win, but I managed to severely annoy the two level sevens on the opposing team who thought they were going pubstomping.

Yeah.. I have been playing for the last few days but I can't get over how bad the matchmaking system is. Just a few minutes ago I was thrown in a lobby 6v2...

I just dont seem to be able to play a normal 6v6 for some reason.

PS: And there it happened again, I was in a lobby, there were 6 in my team 3 on the other team, I left, try to join another lobby and I am again put in the same one, and again in the same team, so again 6v3... why couldnt I just join the other team and make it 5v4? weird

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Yeah.. I have been playing for the last few days but I can't get over how bad the matchmaking system is. Just a few minutes ago I was thrown in a lobby 6v2...

I just dont seem to be able to play a normal 6v6 for some reason.

PS: And there it happened again, I was in a lobby, there were 6 in my team 3 on the other team, I left, try to join another lobby and I am again put in the same one, and again in the same team, so again 6v3... why couldnt I just join the other team and make it 5v4? weird

well considering their not making the game a yearly thing (yet) hopefully they will fix it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

It hit the 30.99 price point on g2play so bought it.

50gb thank **** for 200mb UPC, feel sorry for anyone who doesnt have it and didnt get the discs.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    50gb thank **** for 200mb UPC, feel sorry for anyone who doesnt have it and didnt get the discs.

I'm only on like 20mb with Vodafone and it downloaded extremely fast, I find the Origin servers to be excellent for downloading games.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Superb game, the loading/matchmaking times are a bit annoying tho.

From playing the Beta not much has changed and it actually works very well.

What is the level cap? Pissing tru them up to 11 now.

dreamers75 wrote: »

What is the level cap? Pissing tru them up to 11 now.

Level cap is 50 with 10 regen / complete reset levels that you have to complete challenges to regen.

First 50 levels are easy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

The first 50 are easy, and then it gets trickier with the specific regen challenges. I think it's a great idea as it makes you play with weapons/set ups that you might not normally use. It does result in you having to put in some grind to progress to the next generation. I just hit gen 5 earlier today. Still enjoying this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I never got past level 42 on the first gen. After about a month I had absolutely no desire to play this game for whatever reason. Still don't, still not sure why.

Ok, I have been playing it every each day for an hour or two and that's as much as I can play this game for the moment.

It takes way to long to find a lobby and until they fix the matchmaking Iwont be playing it again.

Hopefully they will do it soon as there is nothing else coming for a few months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

only problem I have with this game is the waiting time between games
    far too long
    other then that its all run and fun :) its one of them games for me that I'd play when I am bored of playing another game for too long haha

Advertisement