Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭KIERAN1

Any solid Irish players here want to do competitive titanfall? Have a least a 2.0 k'd against pilots would be preferable. My team has a website, if interested let me know here, try you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

KIERAN1 wrote: »
    Any solid Irish players here want to do competitive titanfall? Have a least a 2.0 k'd against pilots would be preferable. My team has a website, if interested let me know here, try you out.

what platform?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

and website link too please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

you will fail at winning any competitive matchs if your only looking for people with 2.0kd plus
    the game is mainly objective based
    kd means nothing in competitive gaming, also having a 2.0kd in pub matchs is very easy to achieve

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

How about your team play the boards regulars and see how ye get on?

• Advertisement

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    you will fail at winning any competitive matchs if your only looking for people with 2.0kd plus
    kd means nothing in competitive gaming, also having a 2.0kd in pub matchs is very easy to achieve

exactly i have one account that has a 121-1 k/d :) but then again my real gen 10 account is 4.2, still means jack **** in competitive matches without tactics ;)

Best of luck to your team man but are they mainly American based?

Also out of pure curiosity why have an eSports intro video that features alot of satchel charge kills when they are banned in competitive matches?

You must be active on the site daily if that becomes a problem you will be warned, if it continues you will be kicked from the clan, using the site is a must its where events info and practice schedule etc will be located. So it will need to be checked daily.

and

You must make it out of the Bullet Sponge rank within a week of joining if not you will be booted, if your wondering how to increase in rank go and check out the points system for rank structure post.

Seriously???? All due respect to you guys and all but activity does not make a good team member, teams take time to come together a week is nothing in terms of team formation.

If I wasn't in a team already it doesnt sound like the kind of setup I'd be into, but best of luck, Ireland needs more eSports teams

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »

I've have been playing competitive for years. My last team on Gears of War played numerous LAN teams and beat them and my team also won events and competitions online. We were going to LAN in the UK with a good team, but Gears judgement didn't work out, nobody liked the game, so we never went.

Its not everything, I agree k/d, but high kill ratio is a good baseline to start with. Players with high k/d turn out to be good most of the time in my experience!. You're going to be up against some of the top players in Europe, so you need to be able to compete!

what platform?

X BOX 1

How about your team play the boards regulars and see how ye get on?

We are building a new EU team for Titanfall, doing competitive. Who're the boards regulars?

miju wrote: »

Seriously???? All due respect to you guys and all but activity does not make a good team member, teams take time to come together a week is nothing in terms of team formation.

If I wasn't in a team already it doesnt sound like the kind of setup I'd be into, but best of luck, Ireland needs more eSports teams

I prefer to play with people who give a damn and want to play. If you can't show a little interest why bother joining up in the first place. I agree a team isn't build in a day, but if you can't show some activity, on site, and keep in touch with other members. What's the point?

Most of the EU Members are UK based. I'm the only Irish lad there.

• Advertisement

We are building a new EU team for Titanfall, doing competitive. Who're the boards regulars?

Add me, miju or in4ab8tin And you'll knock across everyone.

Add me, miju or in4ab8tin And you'll knock across everyone.

I don't mind playing with Irish lads when i am free doing nothing else. Got to remember we are building a new team. It still not complete. There is another EU team, there, friends of mine but they do their own thing. Can't be asking them to play people they don't know unless you got a full team or proper scrim going on?

I'm co-Captain of the new EU team and another lad is Captain, he's from the UK.

It be a while before we be set and ready., for matches.

Add me. What's your gamertag?

Best of luck to your team man but are they mainly American based?

Also out of pure curiosity why have an eSports intro video that features alot of satchel charge kills when they are banned in competitive matches?

Yes its mainly American based its only a new site and its already getting new members every week. The American side is focused more on MLG LAN events. The calibre of players already there helps spread the word, about our site.

Fair point about the satchels, but Titanfall hasn't really got a true competitive set of rules really yet! Gamebattles does ban them though. And, i don't see them been allowed for future Titanfall events. But i understand what your saying though.

I more focused on the EU side and we are allowed to do or own thing on that front. We are not going to be the best team ever, but we will win a few games, at the start. You don't make a great team overnight.

To be honest i'll likely be going back to Gears competitive when that game comes out anyway. My team will be playing at the highest level. Titanfall has a short shelf, its unlikely people will be still playing it competitively a year from now. Got to try new games as they come out.

I prefer to play with people who give a damn and want to play. If you can't show a little interest why bother joining up in the first place. I agree a team isn't build in a day, but if you can't show some activity, on site, and keep in touch with other members. What's the point?

That's where we will disagree on approaches but each to their own.

Just for example take Battlefield 4 up until we quit out of the Top 20 players in Ireland / Top 50 in World and 9 of them wouldn't be on every day and have literally dominated some of the top players in the world. Some of those players are still top 20 in the country despite not having played the game in over 3 months.

They play together whenever at irregular intervals with it being rare all of them on at same time but yet they have still dominated top world ranked players, those players are also the boards regulars on Titanfall too :)

Some of those players are not the most skillful and would have average to below average k/d's but difference is they all play as a very symbiotic team (when they could be bothered :P:P:P:P ). I've also seen teams on paper that look like powerhouses and yet in competition they get destroyed because their k/d revolves around pub stomping not competitive play which is a whole world of a difference.

By all means when your up and running and fancy a scrim look me up (team link and gamertag in my signature)

I don't mind playing with Irish lads when i am free doing nothing else. Got to remember we are building a new team. It still not complete. There is another EU team, there, friends of mine but they do their own thing. Can't be asking them to play people they don't know unless you got a full team or proper scrim going on?

Add me. What's your gamertag?

If ye're going to be dedicated as that, ye'll be playing most nights I assume. If ye have 2 teams of six, feel free to drop into our games at the end of your practice to see how your tactics are working out (or not!)
    My gt is the same as my username here.

If ye're going to be dedicated as that, ye'll be playing most nights I assume. If ye have 2 teams of six, feel free to drop into our games at the end of your practice to see how your tactics are working out (or not!)
    My gt is the same as my username here.

At the moment, the other EU team is on most nights, playing scrims, doing gamebattles and going over maps.

They've been established longer almost four months or more now. That team has 6 UK members, 1 Swedish guy and 1 guy from Switzerland.

We only starting out with our team about a week old or little more.

We have about three members active most nights me, and 2 other guys from the UK

We have new people signed up but you never know if they will stick around?

I'll add you guys on my new gamertag, its a new one i use for the clan. I'm usually on there most nights nowadays anyway.

That's where we will disagree on approaches but each to their own.

Just for example take Battlefield 4 up until we quit out of the Top 20 players in Ireland / Top 50 in World and 9 of them wouldn't be on every day and have literally dominated some of the top players in the world. Some of those players are still top 20 in the country despite not having played the game in over 3 months.

They play together whenever at irregular intervals with it being rare all of them on at same time but yet they have still dominated top world ranked players, those players are also the boards regulars on Titanfall too :)

Some of those players are not the most skillful and would have average to below average k/d's but difference is they all play as a very symbiotic team (when they could be bothered :P:P:P:P ). I've also seen teams on paper that look like powerhouses and yet in competition they get destroyed because their k/d revolves around pub stomping not competitive play which is a whole world of a difference.

By all means when your up and running and fancy a scrim look me up (team link and gamertag in my signature)

Fair enough everyone does things differently. I have no problem playing anyone once we've got a good team, up and running. I'll add you too later, mate.

Got room i might even jump in with you guys for some games. I haven't played with Irish guys in a while since my Gears 3 days on the 360. Its been a while. Not lot of Irish guys play competitive on other games.

Got room i might even jump in with you guys for some games. I haven't played with Irish guys in a while since my Gears 3 days on the 360. Its been a while. Not lot of Irish guys play competitive on other games.

Yeah sure add my gt miju irl your more than welcome to play in casual games with us when your chilling.

The number of competitive players for all games is growing in Ireland and growing VERY fast at the min and it's due to explode next year with developments in the works atm as well.

Yeah sure add my gt miju irl your more than welcome to play in casual games with us when your chilling.

The number of competitive players for all games is growing in Ireland and growing VERY fast at the min and it's due to explode next year with developments in the works atm as well.

Cool, might be true. I only really tried out competitive for Fifa and Gears of war.

I expect lot of Irish guys play cod and Battlefield, do they? I never tried those competitively.

The gears of war scene had a few Irish guys playing competitively at the highest level in EU. Fitzer and breck and reddan are probably the best known. I played with Breck for a few months, think he ended up at NTC at one point.

Cool, might be true

There's a NGB coming

• Advertisement

There's a NGB coming

I've googled NGB and I've gotten Next Gen Broadband, National Greyhound Board, and National Governing Body?:pac:

am I on the right track? competitive online greyhound racing? If they're using monkeys for jockeys, sign me up!

am I on the right track? competitive online greyhound racing? If they're using monkeys for jockeys, sign me up!

PMSL, your in :)

PMSL, your in :)

It's a real thing!

It's a real thing!

well **** me it is too :) so is the NGB ;)

New DLC is dropping on the 15th of this month, also brings a patch with a host of updates including the ability to name your custom loadouts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

New DLC is dropping on the 15th of this month, also brings a patch with a host of updates including the ability to name your custom loadouts etc.

Here's hoping it brings some new game modes, would love to switch it up!

Kill Confirmed, Hardpoint would be nice.

My idea for a mode is to have wild titans on the field and then it's a mad scramble to get into them and dominate the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Bought a season pass there last night for 12euro from the mexican origin :D It has been added to my titanfall so hopefully it works and I will report back to you all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Now shows the last game's scoreboard so you can view it from the lobby after the match.

Sweet. Make the wait between matches a little less boring
    Amped Weapon pickup distinction - The pickup prompt for Amped Weapons dropped by other players will now show up in orange text.

I hadn't even realised you could pick up amped weapons :pac:

Respawn really seem to be reacting to player feedback, it's great - let's hope they keep it up.

• Advertisement

How big is the update lads?

Advertisement