Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

TL;DR - Because the game has very few people playing it, they're widening the matchmaking search so you will end up playing with people from NA/Eastern Europe in CTF etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Magill wrote: »
    TL;DR - Because the game has very few people playing it, they're widening the matchmaking search so you will end up playing with people from NA/Eastern Europe in CTF etc.

on pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,245 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

But they didn't. I mean I still play it on PC.

Also did anyone else notice that the IMC HR Dept picked a robot to admiral their frontier fleet over the Australian guy? How had that got to make you feel. To be fair he seemed alright with accepting orders from a can opener

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

Magill wrote: »
    TL;DR - Because the CTF game mode has very few people playing it, they're widening the matchmaking search so you will end up playing with people from NA/Eastern Europe in CTF etc.
    Fixed ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Unreal

by the way, CTF is fun. Certainly like it more than I ever did TF2.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Unreal

now that's what you call a halo jump

Dafuq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

Loving War Games in the new DLC. It's a beautiful map.
    Excellent for attrition.

Attrition is my favourite game mode so far. It offers the easiest way to level up. Far more potential kills under your belt than what you'd get out of pilot hunter or something.

• Advertisement

So hacking on the PC version is really starting to piss me off. People tracking you through multiple walls without sonar and such. Impossible mid-air kills and a Titan that does an immediate 120 degree turn when you enter it's field of fire and it headshots you with a cannon

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Overheal wrote: »
    So hacking on the PC version is really starting to piss me off. People tracking you through multiple walls without sonar and such. Impossible mid-air kills and a Titan that does an immediate 120 degree turn when you enter it's field of fire and it headshots you with a cannon

Console.......errr...new master race? :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Going to pick this up during the week i think

Them Teams

310520.png

Pastries made it 19-0

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

just played a few games there, pretty enjoyable

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Id forgotten this game existed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Titanfall European player stats....... :p

776784302521982349.png

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yeah, haven't touched it in months. I take it from Overheal's picture that they never fixed the team balance in matchmaking.

its nice to come back to every now and again but can't play it everyday, gets boring far too quick. They need to fix the match making as I'd say thats one of the bigger problems
    Gave my mate a quick go to see if he wanted to buy it, he loved it but said he wouldn't because it took so long to get into a game and he never has much time to play anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I played it today for the first time in 2 months and had an absolute blast. Going to try get back into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I played it today for the first time in 2 months and had an absolute blast. Going to try get back into it.

I think that's the appeal of it..its grand to drop in now and then for a quick blast as you forget how boring it is after a few weeks of not playing.
    It must be over 2 months since I last played it and even then I'd only play 2-3 rounds a week. I don't think its the limited unlocks etc but the whole P2P way of playing multiplayer which has killed a lot of friends gaming.
    Look at COD4/5
    Both are still going strong and games are still enjoyable etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

It's practically impossible to get a game of CTF, last titan standing or pilot hunter on the 360. I'm lucky if I get a game of hardpoint most nights.

Was tempted by the season pass but been burned too many times before. Also, comments made by respawn last week saying they'll support the game as long as people are playing it feels wrong. Id have thought it should have been the other way round

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I'd say they are already working on TitanFall 2.

There doesn't seem to be any kind of rush from Respawn to release more content. The numbers of players keeps lowering which is making match making quite difficult.

There is a summer update coming with 2 new game modes and a few customization options but one is just a variation of Last Titan Standing and the other looks interesting but nothing game changing.

TitanFall is an amazing game with crazy potential but it is starved of oxygen due to go slow content release and players are dying off.

It almost seems that Respawn aren't that bothered. If they were they'd be firing out content like crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭Glebee

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Same here. Is the match making system a bit iffy though..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

TitanFall is an amazing game with crazy potential but it is starved of oxygen due to go slow content release and players are dying off.

It almost seems that Respawn aren't that bothered. If they were they'd be firing out content like crazy.

The thing is... actual AMAZING mp games that aren't MMO's don't need developers to be constantly pushing out new content. Some games, while they may be decent games, just don't have the ability to keep players coming back. I feel that Titanfall in its current state is one of these games. Titanfall 2 will need some major changes.

-Remove the bots
    -make it more rare to get a Titan/ Limit the number of titans on the map
    -Modes without Titans (The gunplay is better than CoD imo, its just that the games getting so boring 2 minutes into the game when half the players on hte map are in Titans).

Honestly, just gets boring when the game is all PVE or Player vs Titan gameplay... imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Player 2

This is my first time looking into this thread as I guess I wasn't all that interested in trying out Titanfall when it first came out.

Until this morning, when I downloaded and played through 1 side of the entire campaign in about 2 hours. A bit short, but I really like it. The movement, etc "feels" great.

I largely have no idea what I'm doing in terms of upgrades, etc, though!

is there no singleplayer campaign?

Im a bit lost tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

is there no singleplayer campaign?

Im a bit lost tbh!

No, there a campaign built into the Multiplayer in order to unlock two other Titans.One for the Militia side and another for the IMC.

No, there a campaign built into the Multiplayer in order to unlock two other Titans.One for the Militia side and another for the IMC.

is it not 1 titan to unlock
    the orge, arnt the other two unlocked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    is it not 1 titan to unlock
    the orge, arnt the other two unlocked

No. you get the ogre for the imc campaign and the Stryder for the other side

Advertisement