Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

After initially disliking the beta and not wanting to splash out i played it over the weekend via the free game time on origin and really enjoyed it.
    Ended up buying it and season pass.
    Its not the best fps out there by any stretch but its a fun shooter all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Can't believe I bought the game like 4 or 5 days before a sale.... SO mad. Great game though for short bursts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭Glebee

Very easy to dip in and out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Glebee wrote: »
    Very easy to dip in and out of.

yup, I dont know whether or not thats a good or a bad sign, but its possible to take a month or two's break from it, come back and still be able to hold your own after about a half hours acclimatization. I think its more down to the fact that because movement is so fluid, theres not as much "holding down" of sightlines and lanes.

Forgot to mention the smart pistol is the most idiotic decision to have in a multiplayer fps game ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Dcully wrote: »
    Forgot to mention the smart pistol is the most idiotic decision to have in a multiplayer fps game ever.

Meh, doesn't bother me in the slightest.If there was someone behind you or to the side with a normal gun, you'd be dead anyway the first second they saw you instead of the three seconds it takes for it to lock onto you.

Meh, doesn't bother me in the slightest.If there was someone behind you or to the side with a normal gun, you'd be dead anyway the first second they saw you instead of the three seconds it takes for it to lock onto you.

Fair point.

New update is looking sweet, pilot mode with no AI or titans yes please.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

That's the thing, as annoying as I find it on occasion when I'm killed by one, if it's from behind or the side, I'd be dead anyway. And, after using it in the previous gen to farm grunts to boost my XP, there is a bit of skill required using it head-on against another pilot.

Still damn annoying when someone is literally just camping behind a stairs or something waiting for someone to run past. There's no skill in that :pac:

Looks like all the people crying out for more players and no titans or ai just got their wish.

8v8 matches on the way
    http://titanfallblog.com/2014/08/28/update-6-introduces-pilot-skirmish-an-8v8-mode-with-no-ai-and-no-titans/

Looks like all the people crying out for more players and no titans or ai just got their wish.

8v8 matches on the way
    http://titanfallblog.com/2014/08/28/update-6-introduces-pilot-skirmish-an-8v8-mode-with-no-ai-and-no-titans/

Gave it a quick whirl there. Completely souless.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Gave it a quick whirl there. Completely souless.

Only got the game at the weekend but the maps seem too big for it to work imo.

Yup, maps are too big and team sizes are too small. Seems like a pointless gamemode.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Fairly pointless. Do a 16 v 16, no AI, and it'd be received a lot better. Haven't gotten the game myself, as the AI thing turned me off it; if I want AI, I'll play the single player of a game. I play online to kill people, not AI.

the_syco wrote: »
    Fairly pointless. Do a 16 v 16, no AI, and it'd be received a lot better. Haven't gotten the game myself, as the AI thing turned me off it; if I want AI, I'll play the single player of a game. I play online to kill people, not AI.

I thought the same about the AI when i played the beta.
    I didnt buy the game on release but i picked it up last week via the origin sale for €17.99 and glad i did as im enjoying it.
    AI are merely there to reduce the cooldown of the titan spawns,they are no thread to you ingame and you can ignore or kill if you prefer.
    I played some of the 8V8 pilot mode lastnight and the maps felt empty.
    Increase the player count and it would be a decent mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

You've never turned on someone shooting you in the back before in an online fps ? :s

Magill wrote: »
    You've never turned on someone shooting you in the back before in an online fps ? :s

Yes , the ones who had bad aim

Yes , the ones who had bad aim

Exactly, having a gun that caters to bad players is just terrible game design imo.

Exactly, having a gun that caters to bad players is just terrible game design imo.

Not a lot of people would agree with you tbh. I rarely even see people use the gun except Gen 9 who must use it for a challenge.Have you played the game ?

Ive only seen total noobs who are just after getting the game using it,Its use is pretty rare in fairness. the shotgun is nearly more of a noob weapon.

Not a lot of people would agree with you tbh. I rarely even see people use the gun except Gen 9 who must use it for a challenge.Have you played the game ?

Yes, I never said it was overused or even that it was a good gun. Just that it caters for bad players.
    Ive only seen total noobs who are just after getting the game using it,Its use is pretty rare in fairness. the shotgun is nearly more of a noob weapon.

Yeah, probably... honestly I haven't played the game much (At all) in the past few months so I don't know how much its used now. Was just pointing out that its not a certainty that someone will kill you if they come from behind with a normal gun.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I don't think the Smart Pistol caters for bad players at all, it caters for a very specific sub-set of sneaky bastard high level players that understand the maps very well. I have never felt cheated by a smart pistol related death, you have all the time in the world to retaliate if you spot the opponent in time and you have one of the most dynamic and environmentally dependent movement mechanics in any game available to you to make yourself more difficult to target.

The 8v8 with no Titans simply doesn't appeal to me, having Titans in the game is what this was built for from the ground up and I can't imagine a scenario where not having them (or the AI Creeps - don't think of them as FPS opponents, you need to think of them as MOBA Creeps) would make this a more enjoyable game than they one they wanted to make initially.

Yes, I never said it was overused or even that it was a good gun. Just that it caters for bad players.

Yeah, probably... honestly I haven't played the game much (At all) in the past few months so I don't know how much its used now. Was just pointing out that its not a certainty that someone will kill you if they come from behind with a normal gun.
    Here look i'll add a word to fix it just incase your up all night thinking about it:pac:
    Meh, doesn't bother me in the slightest.If there was someone behind you or to the side with a normal gun, you'd probably be dead anyway the first second they saw you instead of the three seconds it takes for it to lock onto you.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I haven't played much if this game due to time constraints but I would be more interested in Titan only play that pilot only.

Just spent some time on the 8v8 Pilots only - it was better than I expected (really fun on Rise cause it's so enclosed), but still not great - although nice to play the game in a more "traditional" game mode. I think that there's definitely scope to include this sort of a mode in the sequel with some clever map design (think of how Battlefield does smaller scale TDM/SquadDM stuff).

Furp wrote: »
    I haven't played much if this game due to time constraints but I would be more interested in Titan only play that pilot only.

There is alast titan standing gamemode that's nothing but titans.... Best played in a group though as it's very tactical

Finally managed to get a game this evening, spent the past two weeks unable to connect but the issue is no longer there. Rather enjoying going back to the game, it's a basic and all the better for it and there's a lot of joy to be go from piloting at Titan and just kicking all kinds of ass.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Getting pretty sick of campaign. All I've played since I got the game and I haven't completed either one yet.

Hardly anyone plays campaign here in Australia. It's pretty much Attrition or nothing. God I hate this stupid country sometimes.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Getting pretty sick of campaign. All I've played since I got the game and I haven't completed either one yet.

lol, whut? There's no "campaign", there's a playlist of maps that you play to unlock the 2 other Titan types, but it's the same maps as the rest of the game, just in a specific order and with some different cut scenes at the start. You don't even have to win, just play. :confused:

• Advertisement

Well I managed to get the achievement for finishing the IMC campaign last night but now it's putting me in the IMC team every time I bloody well play. :pac:
    Shiminay wrote: »
    lol, whut? There's no "campaign", there's a playlist of maps that you play to unlock the 2 other Titan types, but it's the same maps as the rest of the game, just in a specific order and with some different cut scenes at the start. You don't even have to win, just play. :confused:

I'm pretty sure you have to win each map as each different faction to complete both "campaigns" otherwise I'd have had both achievements drop ages ago. And there doesn't seem to be any specific order in terms of what I'm playing just random.

Advertisement