Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

They're cannon fodder. It allows the player to start racking up boosts and points from an early stage in the game - obviously worth far less than actual kills against pilots and titans, but they're a clever (although the bots themselves are incredibly stupid) way to ensure players who are struggling can speed up their titanfall and score a few extra points.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

They're cannon fodder. It allows the player to start racking up boosts and points from an early stage in the game - obviously worth far less than actual kills against pilots and titans, but they're a clever (although the bots themselves are incredibly stupid) way to ensure players who are struggling can speed up their titanfall and score a few extra points.

I have a habit of ignoring them a lot of the time but I've actually managed to be killed by them on occasion as a result :o

The only time they annoy me is when I know there's a pilot in a room, I go in and end up seeing a grunt which distracts me just enough for the pilot I was after to get me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I spose theyre handy so to have them there but i find myself only killing 2 or 3 pilots in some games over them ha

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ems_medic

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I spose theyre handy so to have them there but i find myself only killing 2 or 3 pilots in some games over them ha

depends on the game mode. In attritrion mode I nearly ignore pilots and titans unless they are in my way and use the radar and smar pistol loadout for that mode.

Usually pick up guts of 120 attrition points by myself at end of game.

ems_medic wrote: »
    depends on the game mode. In attritrion mode I nearly ignore pilots and titans unless they are in my way and use the radar and smar pistol loadout for that mode.

Usually pick up guts of 120 attrition points by myself at end of game.

That what i play attrition, getting bout 50 to 70 points per game now . Getting better lol

I bought the season pass there aswel and went to try out the maps and it telling me i need to purchase them :O ?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That what i play attrition, getting bout 50 to 70 points per game now . Getting better lol

I bought the season pass there aswel and went to try out the maps and it telling me i need to purchase them :O ?

You need to download them from the in game menu rather than the dashboard store I think.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You need to download them from the in game menu rather than the dashboard store I think.

I bought the season pass on deals with gold. How i download them in game?

I bought the season pass on deals with gold. How i download them in game?

Is there not an option for Store on the main menu or something? You need to download the maps from the store.

Is there not an option for Store on the main menu or something? You need to download the maps from the store.

So do i have to pay again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

So do i have to pay again?

No if you go into the store through the main menu you'll see all 3 packs and there should be an option to download each one. You don't have to pay again. I did it that way and it was fine.

• Advertisement

Deano7788 wrote: »
    No if you go into the store through the main menu you'll see all 3 packs and there should be an option to download each one. You don't have to pay again. I did it that way and it was fine.

Ok cheers , wil chance that when i get home

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

If anyone still plays this regularly on the XBOX ONE, add me. GT: The Batman IRL

I can't put it down since getting it, and just picked up the season pass.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    If anyone still plays this regularly on the XBOX ONE, add me. GT: The Batman IRL

I can't put it down since getting it, and just picked up the season pass.

I play it a bit but just got advanced warfare so mite not be playin much in the next few days. But anyone feel free to add me on xb1 . GT is barryboule

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

If anyone is looking for game and i also have all the DLC add me GT TrustedWinter58

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭rob808

rizzla wrote: »
    There's been a number of title updates. So the disc will install the game as it was at launch. Then the updates will need to be downloaded through xbox live, I imagine the updates, all together, would be a substantial size.

I'd disconnect from the internet. Install the game from disc, then connect back to the internet. Then wait for the updates. See what happens then.
    Thank that work anybody want add me GT : Killingday1 .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just got Titanfall on PC for $10 of amazon us

Ffs, trying to get the ten winstreak achievement (only managed 8 so far), went to bed last night on a 4 win streak, hop on today and the first thing it does is throw me into a hardpoint match with literally a few seconds on the clock and my team losing.

Ffs, trying to get the ten winstreak achievement (only managed 8 so far), went to bed last night on a 4 win streak, hop on today and the first thing it does is throw me into a hardpoint match with literally a few seconds on the clock and my team losing.

Ouch....

But, I'm pretty sure that doesn't get recorded as a loss for you on that map stats, but I can't comment on the achievement status.

think my record win streak is like 52 or there abouts. Makes a big difference playing in a party

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

think my record win streak is like 52 or there abouts. Makes a big difference playing in a party

legends to carry you, wha? :)

how're you finding Advanced Warfare?

• Advertisement

Need to get into one of these parties! :(

Need to get into one of these parties! :(

whats your GT I'll send you an invite later. And in fairness group we usually play in get shocked if a round is lost in some game modes let alone a match .... cocky gits :D

whats your GT I'll send you an invite later. And in fairness group we usually play in get shocked if a round is lost in some game modes let alone a match .... cocky gits :D

Cool.

GT: The Batman IRL

I'd be on for that too, dunno if I'll be playing Titanfall tonight might stick with Sunset Overdrive but if I'm on another night feel free to throw me an invite.

Cool.

GT: The Batman IRL

Been a loooooooooong time since I played with you man :)
    I'd be on for that too, dunno if I'll be playing Titanfall tonight might stick with Sunset Overdrive but if I'm on another night feel free to throw me an invite. GT: mickeyp1982

Added you too

Been a loooooooooong time since I played with you man :)

So long, I don't even know who are!
    That must be from BF 1943 and Bad Company 2 days .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Hi Lads - I'm really starting to love this game. I'm only a level 2/20, and play mostly attrition, but would love to party up with ye some night and hopefully not embarrass myself too much. GT: Sharperkiller

I'll add in a few of the GT's above and I might see ye on some night.

Its either that or Destiny, and soon the MCC.

Cheers
    Muppetman

Added you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I'm playing this fairly heavily at the moment as well. Anyone fancies a game just gimme a shout GT: Pvt Keogh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Advertisement