Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 luckless

Just picked this up recently, really getting into it. Fantastic black Friday deal at €12.50 including season pass.

Will add some of the GT's I see on here. Mine is SwathedOx. Might see you in there...

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

Add me too guys gt. tobothehobob I also picked it up for 12.50 total bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Has anyone else came across this Randomly unlocked achievements for Titanfall when your not even playing the game ?.

Has happened twice to me so far. I unlocked the 10 game win streak one and a few others at the same time one night.

Then today while playing Far Cry 4 i got achievements for Titanfall unlocking :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It can happen if achievements don't pop at the time. Then a load can pop at once. Just a quirk of Xbox one

• Registered Users Posts: 83,240 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ive encountered a bug where every match I 'unlock' one of the frontier defense insignia. doesnt matter which computer I play on either. ugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is there still an active community on the 360 for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Just started playing this on the 360, seems fun but I can already see how it could wear thin fairly fast.

I see the season pass is on sale currently though so I'm wondering do the three DLC packs add much to the game and are they worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,240 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

they add 9 maps, which doesn't sound like a lot but the 9-12 maps provided get stale as a matter of it being a relatively narrow playlist; I have the first 2 packs and the maps all have different feel and gameplay than the other maps because of layout changes and whatever else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Overheal wrote: »
    they add 9 maps, which doesn't sound like a lot but the 9-12 maps provided get stale as a matter of it being a relatively narrow playlist; I have the first 2 packs and the maps all have different feel and gameplay than the other maps because of layout changes and whatever else.

Yeah it seems strange to create a multiplayer only game and then ship it with FA maps. Probably was done to try and turn people towards paying for DLC but surely they should've concentrated on making it halfways popular first in order to get people in interested in the prospect of DLC.

On the fence here about paying for it still, stopped buying DLC a long time ago but wondering is this worth it for €6.24.

EDIT: In the main menu it also doesn't look like many people are ever playing the DLC only playlists :/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

A group of usually about 10-12 play regularly and run a streaming event every Saturday evening,its great fun with friends.
    We play PC version and abuse eachother on TS :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Overheal wrote: »
    Ive encountered a bug where every match I 'unlock' one of the frontier defense insignia. doesnt matter which computer I play on either. ugh.

I had that on the XBOX One too, it eventually went away.

I'm still glued to this game, despite having a backlog of ONE games now on top of the 360 backlog.

Anyone on the ONE playing, feel free to add me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭Glebee

I see Titanfall is still as much fun as ever to dip in and out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Glebee wrote: »
    I see Titanfall is still as much fun as ever to dip in and out of.

Agreed have been in and out the last few days and its still so much fun. anyone around add me b3nji87ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

bought it for a tenner on g2a but it hanging a lot on loading screen for pc any ideas? loving it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

How do you earn battlemarks? In some games i do bad and get more battlemark than games i do well in???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

rottie 11 wrote: »
    How do you earn battlemarks? In some games i do bad and get more battlemark than games i do well in???

If you have ranked mode turned on, they you earn Battlemarks.

Each game mode has its own rules for earning Battlemarks.

Last Titan Standing, they are earned by just doing damage to enemy titans.
    Pilot Hunter, getting pilot kills and assists.
    Attrition, just earning attrition points.
    Capture The Flag, Flag captures and assists.
    etc...

You can earn up to 4 Battlemarks per game, and you can lose Battlemark progress by getting killed loads during a match.

If you don't earn a Battlemark during the match, you current Battlemark level gets degraded. You will see a cracked Battlemark, do bad again in the next match and you will lose that Battlemark.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Ok i get it now cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dereks

Love this game.

Would people recommend the DLC? I missed it for 6.25 so €24 now i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

dereks wrote: »
    Love this game.

I thought the IMC Rising Map Pack was very bad but I love the War Games map. It will be on sale again, no doubt, so I'd hold off unless you really want extra maps.

rizzla wrote: »
    I thought the IMC Rising Map Pack was very bad but I love the War Games map. It will be on sale again, no doubt, so I'd hold off unless you really want extra maps.

Cheers thanks for the reply

• Advertisement

dereks wrote: »
    Love this game.

wait for a sale, its definitely worth it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Yeah, definitely worth buying the DLC. Unlike other online shooters (looking at CoD), there was no map that would cause me to think "oh not this one again" as it loaded in. Every map looks and feels different, and they are all HUGE!

I still dip into the game from time to time. Add me if you're on Xbox One.

Yeah, definitely worth buying the DLC. Unlike other online shooters (looking at CoD), there was no map that would cause me to think "oh not this one again" as it loaded in. Every map looks and feels different, and they are all HUGE!

I still dip into the game from time to time. Add me if you're on Xbox One.

Will do,

we must try and organise a game night on this sometime, I'd often get a hankering for a few games, but theres never anyone i know on. we used to have some epic games back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Many users on pc ? I haven't played in ages but would be willing to if I knew the user base was there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

I'm still playing this pretty regularly. My GT: will i am not

I'm on the Xbox One, Frontier Defense all the way at the moment, be great to get a regular team.

Cool. I'll might get on for a game tonight or tomorrow evening (if I can pull myself away from Destiny). I've added you now. That's an impressive gamerscore btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Cool. I'll might get on for a game tonight or tomorrow evening (if I can pull myself away from Destiny). I've added you now. That's an impressive gamerscore btw!

I haven't played this in ages mainly due to Destiny. Drop me a message if you guys are getting a group together some time,

rizzla wrote: »
    I'm still playing this pretty regularly. My GT: will i am not

I'm on the Xbox One, Frontier Defense all the way at the moment, be great to get a regular team.

I've added you. Playing a lot of Frontier defence too.

GT-derekanthony82

For anyone that has not bought the DLC yet........... go download it now!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-11-titanfall-dlc-currently-free-on-xbox-one-and-xbox-360

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭Glebee

For anyone that has not bought the DLC yet........... go download it now!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-11-titanfall-dlc-currently-free-on-xbox-one-and-xbox-360

All DLC free on Origin as well

Advertisement