Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

From IGN :

When asked whether or not the team wishes they could change anything about the original product, Respawn COO Dusty Welch said, "Platform for me comes to mind right away." Though Zampella then explained, "Well, we needed that, though. We couldn't do the game," Dusty clarified the exclusivity was always a business decision rather than anything else.

"If we could do it though?" he said. "It would have been prohibitive to do that - we definitely made the right choices for the right reasons - but if you're saying what would we have liked to have done? The opportunity to be multiplatform could have made it even more significant for us.

I wonder was it a shady backroom EA deal or not? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Hopefully it has a single player campaign this time

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Hopefully it has a single player campaign this time

Said noone ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Darren_Impreza

Hi just wndering how many people here actually play this game as iv just recently started playing and im very surprised how good it is.

My Previous games were

Call Of Duty's all of them
    Battlefield ( all )
    Fifa

I am just looking for some advice and maybe get some info on this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it seems to be dying as when I go to play I am surprised at how little are playing it and this is on the pc
    It is a very good game though

I am very shocked to be honest I always played cod and that but this game in my mind equals the game play the controls and that are really good and I find it a decent play for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Hi just wndering how many people here actually play this game as iv just recently started playing and im very surprised how good it is.

My Previous games were

Call Of Duty's all of them
    Battlefield ( all )
    Fifa

I am just looking for some advice and maybe get some info on this

Still playing this on the XB1, although not very regularly. having never really played any shooters before, I found I could get the hang of it very quickly.

Add me if you want: FragileDavid1

trixiebust wrote: »
    Still playing this on the XB1, although not very regularly. having never really played any shooters before, I found I could get the hang of it very quickly.

Add me if you want: FragileDavid1

Just added you there now i wont play much but when im on its nice to know someone your in the game with

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Still play the odd time on PC but the most ive ever seen online at any given time lately was 1800 total for the world on PC,thats just shocking and makes it very hard to get a decent game.
    I would play a lot more if more were playing thus giving more game mode options, everyone just seems to play attrition now, ie deathmatch :(

• Advertisement

I was on the xbox last night and when i went on to find a game it took about 3 minutes to get a game so i think xbox numbers are up high enough otherwise im just lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

I was on the xbox last night and when i went on to find a game it took about 3 minutes to get a game so i think xbox numbers are up high enough otherwise im just lucky

Found getting a game easy, usually straight in. Though that's mainly on attrition.
    Because its a part of EA Access, the numbers are up I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

trixiebust wrote: »
    Found getting a game easy, usually straight in. Though that's mainly on attrition.
    Because its a part of EA Access, the numbers are up I'd say.

They had said previously that it was never going to be on ea access, then they gave away all the DLC for free, and then they added it to access. Its a great game and I had a blast with it, but it never seemed to have the staying power of even the worst call of duty games.

Yea i heard its on EA Access and that will keep the numbers up alot of my friends are using EA Access and have told me to do the same but I dont think I play enough to make the best of it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I played the beta on PC and it was fine. Didn't make me want to buy it as a full game and now I'm glad I didn't as it seems to be completely dead.

I checked last night 5000-7000 people online dead compared to cod or battlefield

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Funnily enough, even when there's only 100 or so people in a playlist I've never had much of an issue getting a match any time I dipped back into it.

yea it always seems to work fine but i do have to say for like €15-30 the game is good for me

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

I got it digitally in a sale Microsoft had at Christmas last year, it cost me like €12 or something.
    At that price it was a bargain and from what I hear alot had been changed and it was a much better game by the time I jumped in.

I have heard that but to be fair to the game it is not to bad some bits are a bit crazy but for the price i cant complain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

I have heard that but to be fair to the game it is not to bad some bits are a bit crazy but for the price i cant complain

I personally think it's just part of a larger trend in console gaming and that the fps Is not as important as it once was.
    Like halo was a giant in the multiplayer shooter genre and halo4's player Base fell off a cliff.
    The true titan of the genre COD has seen small decline in numbers over the past few years and I predict this year will see a bigger drop for them. I know for me with the amount of huge open world games out this year the time isn't there to play these types of hard grind to unlock better equipment kinda games.
    I get my multiplayer fix from games like rocket league now.
    Games where the playing field is level from day one.
    I can see moba's become important in the console market.

I personally think it's just part of a larger trend in console gaming and that the fps Is not as important as it once was.
    Like halo was a giant in the multiplayer shooter genre and halo4's player Base fell off a cliff.
    The true titan of the genre COD has seen small decline in numbers over the past few years and I predict this year will see a bigger drop for them. I know for me with the amount of huge open world games out this year the time isn't there to play these types of hard grind to unlock better equipment kinda games.
    I get my multiplayer fix from games like rocket league now.
    Games where the playing field is level from day one.
    I can see moba's become important in the console market.

I give it two more year then multiplayer games will be dead in the water

I give it two more year then multiplayer games will be dead in the water

srsly.png

Two year ago there was always loads of us online now people move on and games are becoming less EA Access is killing the games.

Im not saying that no one will play them im saying no one will buy the disks themselves it will be cloud based no need to go to hmv its online you just pay yearly rate

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Two year ago there was always loads of us online now people move on and games are becoming less EA Access is killing the games.

Im not saying that no one will play them im saying no one will buy the disks themselves it will be cloud based no need to go to hmv its online you just pay yearly rate

That's if everyone has 60mb+ connections with no caps which alot of Europe never mind little Ireland does not have.

We actually have better average speeds per capita than the UK.

The online only model of gaming cannot happen for a while yet as technology for everyone is just not there yet and MS learned that the hard way with their business plan for Xbox One and had to do alot of back tracking.

I will still buy disc versions as they are at least 10-20% cheaper than digital versions of the game and I can trade in making future game purchases even cheaper.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You're just not playing the right games, Destiny has maintained a huge player base and it's been out for over a year.

i think you'll find that games are incorporating online features more and more, it'll continue to grow that way as broadband coverage worldwide increases.

There will always be a place for singleplayer offline games though.

Also, as you grow older, a funny thing called life gets in the way for a lot of people who play games, work commitments, moving, family all cut into gaming time, so you'll notice your friends list is an evolving thing where some people only play rarely or play different types of games to fit in with their schedule. Not every player can sink 50 plus hours into a multiplayer game just to be average at best.

My games are as below

Fifa
    Cod
    Battlefield
    Titanfall
    Forza

All my games are fine iv no problem i always buy the disk and play the game but all my friends are now just using EA Access and Microsoft are on about cloud based gaming as in

Games downloader exe is held in the cloud
    download the exe it saves a copy on the xbox but it has to authenticate from the server but xbox only needs the normally abmount of broadband speed.

This is just a over heard conversation which I had with a member of Microsoft at a technology conference recently

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

With regard to Titanfall it had very poor matchmaking by level. Games were often won by a massive landslide. I can remember going on crazy win streaks which after a while made the game feel very boring.

I feel for these reasons the player base started to drop quickly. The problem with adjusting matchmaking to make it match based on skill is that the less players in the pool results in a poorer match.

Fantastic game. I especially liked the Last Titan Standing mode. Very strategic game mode.

• Advertisement

With regard to Titanfall it had very poor matchmaking by level. Games were often won by a massive landslide. I can remember going on crazy win streaks which after a while made the game feel very boring.

Tbf, you were rolling in a party of absolute beasts tho :D

a full party against randomers in attrition was always a complete walkover.

Last titan standing was probably the best mode, balancing the team loadout so that there was a good mix of heavy hitters and guys to take down shields was cool,

you'd come up against some very stiff competition at times as well, some guys were unreal with the strider titans, they'd be in amongst you, have your shields down, and the next thing you know you'd be taken out by a railgun.

it was great stuff, roll on titanfall 2! If they can flesh out the game more, with things like horde mode / base defense, camos for guns, more customization for the soldiers, more types of titans, I reckon It'll be a seriously hard game to beat.

Advertisement