Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It is fun, lots of fun. Nicely paced and balanced. If you liked COD4 you will like this. If you didn't then there is a fair chance you won't really like this either.

It is very accessible it took about 2-3 games to get the hang of it. Everyone is a starter so you don't have the **** bucket level 99 guys yet. But it will take a lot longer to master. To get to grips with the different styles, shields, dashing, wall running, boost jumping, melee kicks, cloaking, titans etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

COYVB wrote: »
    I'm genuinely baffled as to why it's gotten so big pre-release

I think people want something to justify them having bought a next gen console.
    No point buying any next gen console for at least 12 months from launch in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Do hardcore players play on consoles? I used to be a good Quake 2 player back in the day and nothing beats the keyboard, mouse setup.

Although back then the ping was usually 250+ and usually have one guy with the magical ISDN connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Yup. How many "3 game a year" guys do you know who do nothing but play FIFA and COD online on their systems? That pretty much sums up the bulk of my casual gamer mates

Ahh right. I usually consider someone who plays games a few hours a week a casual. Yeah I do know a lot of people who only play cod and fifa. But I also know a lot of people who only play lol/dota or world of warcraft or starcraft or dayz etc. I think online games in general have a lot of players that play just stick to a few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

We'll dammit anyways, I was hoping there'd be a code waiting in my email this morning but nope :(

anyone here get one yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

RasTa wrote: »
    Do hardcore players play on consoles? I used to be a good Quake 2 player back in the day and nothing beats the keyboard, mouse setup.

Although back then the ping was usually 250+ and usually have one guy with the magical ISDN connection.

No such thing as a hardcore FPS console player, even an average K&M player will destroy a person playing with a controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

wexdevil wrote: »
    We'll dammit anyways, I was hoping there'd be a code waiting in my email this morning but nope :(

anyone here get one yet?

Not for me but they are sending out the invites until 11pm pst 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Haven't got anything yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

http://www.twitch.tv/sacriel - game looks awesome

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I have a key, will be playing tomorrow, if the Ts & Cs I have allow it, I'll stream it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It looks amazing. Can't wait to play it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Hi guys,

If anyone has a titanfall Xbox one beta code I'd greatly appreciate it :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I still have concerns about the bots making those sweet kills less satisfying.. at least after the initial "Honeymoon" period of the game is over.

Thats my number one and possibly only concern.
    How boring it could be to kill bots over and over again, ffs back when i was on 56k playing counter strike i could of played with bots but id preferred to struggle along with a ping of 300 + and losing dial up constantly than playing with bots.
    I havent played it so cant judge but how can they make bots any more interesting in a MP game than they currently are in the likes of CS ,red orchestra etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

To get to grips with the different styles, shields, dashing, wall running, boost jumping, melee kicks, cloaking, titans etc etc

Seem them before in Planetside 2 :) but yeah i get what your saying plus its all done on a tight map.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Shiminay wrote: »
    I have a key, will be playing tomorrow, if the Ts & Cs I have allow it, I'll stream it.

You are allowed to stream it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

have two spare im giving away to subscribers on the youtube channel in my sig below

miju wrote: »
    have two spare im giving away to subscribers on the youtube channel in my sig below

Subscribed! (davidmcginley1990 on there) but I don't see where to enter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

No such thing as a hardcore FPS console player, even an average K&M player will destroy a person playing with a controller.

That's because keyboard and mouse combos are more accurate and responsive though. It's not because the players are better, they're just playing with more accurate tools. It'd be like sticking concrete boots on Cristiano Ronaldo and expecting him to play better than messi wearing football boots

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

It'd be like sticking concrete boots on Cristiano Ronaldo and expecting him to play better than messi wearing football boots

That analogy wouldn't work the other way around :D

Ah come on, there's enough fanboyism going on in here without adding in a Ronnie v Messi debate :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

anyone get their beta key yet ?

Nada. In work so I don't mind, but I hope it arrives by 6!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

maximoose wrote: »
    Ah come on, there's enough fanboyism going on in here without adding in a Ronnie v Messi debate :pac:
    I care less about that stuff than I do about online only shooters.

(I really don't know what I'm doing here.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

got mine just now

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

No code here yet, I really should stop checking my emails :(

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

got mine just now

Pc or Xbox 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

PC. I guess I was lucky but I did get in early with my application, hope you get yours soon

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

PC. I guess I was lucky but I did get in early with my application, hope you get yours soon

Hopefully, I think I got in early enough so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Tried for the PC version but got the Xbox One , have to get onto Origin support to change it.

• Advertisement

Any spare beta codes for XB1?

Advertisement