Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why people don't pick up after their dogs?

Options
  • 06-06-2013 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Its like a poop hell, I live in Dublin 15 but its everywhere. Can't step even think of stepping on the grass and even on pathways :( feel like picking it up and putting it on the front door of the dog owners or throw it inside their homes....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Did someone mention dirty protest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

lkionm wrote: »

Not at all

• Registered Users Posts: 19,360 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Dna database for all dogs with details of their owner's address.

Locate, fine and faecally decorate their front door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

I think a lot of it has to do with the whole "nobody else does it so I'm not gonna bother" mentality.

I'll admit that I don't tidy up after my dogs (I really should start) and the main reason is that they stop to pee on or sniff another dogs poop every 10 feet. Another poop in that mine field isn't really gonna make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,172 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Because they don't particularly feel like handling faeces, in spite of the fact that they are responsible for it being there. Bit like the average bank CEO. You owe the Oracle a general audit and a powerful laxative.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

everlast75 wrote: »
    Dna database for all dogs with details of their owner's address.

Locate, fine and faecally decorate their front door

And cats, sick of those fcukers sh1tting my garden. Btw I always pick up after my dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

Latest trend around my neighbourhood is to pick it up and hang it in poo bags off the nearest tree/post/gate. Would rather they just left the sh!te there on the ground TBH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

filthy habit not cleaning up after your dog. and it gets the responsible owners who do a bad name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭frank reynolds

they should all be chemically castrated, or put on the list for forced sterilisation. isnt that how it goes???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Because my dogs never picked up after me, the little fcuker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

*Their

You seem like an exceptionally clever poster.

Exactly what we need more of on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

I clean up after my dogs everytime. Im a great lad.

Seriously, doesn't take much. Poo bags cost next to nothing. Makes me so angry when I step in someones dogs sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 anaya

Sorry, spell mistake :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Always clean up after mine and he craps mountains, although accidents have happened. What really pisses me off is people who pick it up and then just leave the stupid little sh*t bag there. Whats the focking point like?!

**Vai** wrote: »
    I clean up after my dogs everytime. Im a great lad.

Seriously, doesn't take much. Poo bags cost next to nothing. Makes me so angry when I step in someones dogs sh1t.

Thank you for doing that, we all really appreciate that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

lkionm wrote: »

Nope :( just sick and tired of it, once I brought it home under my boot and my home smelled like poop for a week

Surveyor11 wrote: »
    Latest trend around my neighbourhood is to pick it up and hang it in poo bags off the nearest tree/post/gate. Would rather they just left the sh!te there on the ground TBH

I never saw it and I wish I don't see it ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

they should all be chemically castrated, or put on the list for forced sterilisation. isnt that how it goes???

The owners or the dogs ? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

anaya wrote: »
    Nope :( just sick and tired of it, once I brought it home under my boot and my home smelled like poop for a week

Did you walk on it or rub it on yourself?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Ban everyone that doesn't have at least ten acres of their own land from owning dogs.

Did you walk on it or rub it on yourself?!

Seems like you have experience rubbing it on yourself? :D

Ban everyone that doesn't have at least ten acres of their own land from owning dogs.

Yeah! And kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭ozmo

I'll admit that I don't tidy up after my dogs (I really should start)

Maybe better enforcement of fines would help:

Dog Owners Responsibilities - Contact 8906264

Dog fouling in public places is the biggest public nuisance created by irresponsible dog owners.It is noxious, dangerous and a source of diseases to humans including Toxocariasis (blindness in children) and Campylobacter (acute gastroenteritis). The law is quite specific: do not let your dog foul in a public place and if it does foul in a public place you must collect the waste and put it in a litter bin. It is as easy as taking a plastic bag with you every time you walk your dog in a public place.
    If you don't clean up your dog's waste you could be fined €150 by a litter warden or receive a fine up to €3,000 in the District Court.

link

“Roll it back”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Meritocracy Wins

Picking up sh1t after a dog is why I don't have one.

anaya wrote: »
    ha ha ha :D you made my day

Great idea though isn't it? Dunno if you would get the volunteers here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Only started picking up after my dog recently because we've moved to an area with a lot of kids in neighbouring houses. I don't mind if I'm out in a field a step in a bit of shít but if it's a footpath, park or residential area you need to bag those bad boys.

Advertisement