Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead air phone calls being recieved

Options
  • 06-06-2013 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi, wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. 

I'm receiving phone calls from a number 002011772013 (could be more numbers, thats all thats showing on my handset)

i have answered it twice, but both times i've gotten nothing but silence. Tried to look up area code, and its coming up as a definite international call, some think its kuwait, others angola. 

now i dont know anyone from those areas, nor do i have many international callers. Just want to know, can i get these stopped? as they have rang everyday for the last 4 days. i dont answer anymore. Also was i being charged when i answered?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

There was a thread on After Hours lately about this. Its a scam!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84488957

Chucken wrote: »
    There was a thread on After Hours lately about this. Its a scam!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84488957
    I think this one is different. My elderly Mother got a few the last 2 or 3 days. Eventually an automated voice says 'Goodbye' and the line goes dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I think this one is different. My elderly Mother got a few the last 2 or 3 days. Eventually an automated voice says 'Goodbye' and the line goes dead.

Hi guys,

I can confirm that the 002011772013 number does seem to be associated to scam calls originating from abroad.

Unfortunately as the calls originated and routed from outside Ireland we can not restrict them from calling I'm afraid.

Thanks, Mark

Hi guys,

I can confirm that the 002011772013 number does seem to be associated to scam calls originating from abroad.

Unfortunately as the calls originated and routed from outside Ireland we can not restrict them from calling I'm afraid.

Thanks, Mark
    Mark, How do they make money? Can they run up charges just by answering the phone. or what if you try to ring them? 
    Thanks,
    MA84

Mark, How do they make money? Can they run up charges just by answering the phone. or what if you try to ring them? 
    Thanks,
    MA84

Hi Deleted User

No charges will be applicable to your account / line for these types of calls. I am not fully aware of the details of what the goal of these calls are I'm afraid.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi Maryanne84

No charges will be applicable to your account / line for these types of calls. I am not fully aware of the details of what the goal of these calls are I'm afraid.

Thanks, Mark
    Thanks for your reply, Mark. The person getting the calls is an elderly person living alone and it was meking her uneasy.

Thanks for your reply, Mark. The person getting the calls is an elderly person living alone and it was meking her uneasy.
    Hi Deleted User

I appreciate it can be frustrating. Sorry er can not do more directly.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement