Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Certs in Ireland, Where to get more information

Options
  • 06-06-2013 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi
    I did a Bar Operations and a Advanced Bar course with Failte Ireland in 2007
    I am having my Certs evaluated here in the United States to get an educational equivalency so that i can get a H1B visa to stay working for the company i am working for,
    But unfortunately they said there is not enough information on the certs to show what i have done.

It is very important for me to get this otherwise i will not be able to stay working for this company.
    Does anyone know where i could get a list of classes from those courses?
    I have contacted Failte Ireland and am still waiting for them to get back to me about it.
    Is there anyone else i can contact?

I found the Bar Operations online in the link below but i am unable to find the Advanced bar course, It might have been discontinued.

Thank you in advance for any info you can give me.

http://www.picktourism.ie/Global/Course%20Search/Certificate%20in%20Bar%20Operations.pdf

Please move if this is in the wrong section

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Where did you do the course OP? Was it in Amiens St or in an IT or a PLC center?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭25

It was in Cork Institute of Technology, And it was a Failte Ireland course.
    Failte ireland have told me they do not deal with the hospitality industry anymore and maybe try the college i went to for more information.
    I have contacted them but have not heard back since

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

25 wrote: »
    It was in Cork Institute of Technology, And it was a Failte Ireland course.
    Failte ireland have told me they do not deal with the hospitality industry anymore and maybe try the college i went to for more information.
    I have contacted them but have not heard back since

CIT would be your best bet for getting a copy of the certs. You will probably need to keep contacting them. If you could remember the names of any of your tutors that might help.

Advertisement