Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beach Tide Times

Options
  • 06-06-2013 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the tide times for Rathmullan and Dunfanaghy beaches? (or where I can get them?) I want to walk in evenings but don't want to get there when the tide is so far in that there isn't a beach to walk on...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

annascott wrote: »
    Does anyone know the tide times for Rathmullan and Dunfanaghy beaches? (or where I can get them?) I want to walk in evenings but don't want to get there when the tide is so far in that there isn't a beach to walk on...

http://www.tidetimes.org.uk/rathmullan-tide-times

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Joe 90

I would have said 'Ask any young fella'.:)

When we were 'young fellas' the most imprtnt decisions of the day in summer were based on 'What times the tide?':)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Joe 90 wrote: »
    I would have said 'Ask any young fella'.:)

When we were 'young fellas' the most imprtnt decisions of the day in summer were based on 'What times the tide?':)

Lol......used to be like that when I was a kid but now have to rely on an app to know the tides. Not sure if that's progression or not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

FanadMan wrote: »
    Lol......used to be like that when I was a kid but now have to rely on an app to know the tides. Not sure if that's progression or not :D

Einstein was once asked the speed of sound said
    "[I do not] carry such information in my mind since it is readily available in books."

so you could call yourself Einstein of the 21st century

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

annascott wrote: »

If you intend to walk the beach in Dunfanaghy, be very wary of the incoming tide if you walk over towards Horn Head where the channel is (over on the left). The tide can come in behind your back rapidly and you can find yourself cut off from the main beach, happened me one time & it was no craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,354 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

http://easytide.ukho.gov.uk/EASYTIDE/easytide/SelectPort.aspx

Don't forget to correct for summer time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

danniemcq wrote: »
    Einstein was once asked the speed of sound said

so you could call yourself Einstein of the 21st century

Lol - first time ever someone suggested something like that :-D

Advertisement