Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

land beside oldshopping centre in dundalk

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Dublin Street post office is relocating to the new shopping centre from Monday 17th November(1st unit on the right as you enter from the main car park entrance ).I cant remember the name of the people that ran the p.o in Dublin street but a lady and a gentleman they both are and it was always a pleasure to deal with them down through the years.End of an era :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Dublin Street post office is relocating to the new shopping centre from Monday 17th November(1st unit on the right as you enter from the main car park entrance ).I cant remember the name of the people that ran the p.o in Dublin street but a lady and a gentleman they both are and it was always a pleasure to deal with them down through the years.End of an era :(

Anne and Michael definitely; Boyle maybe? Really nice couple, I've been going there since 1995 and can't speak highly enough of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

mod9maple wrote: »
    Anne and Michael definitely; Boyle maybe? Really nice couple, I've been going there since 1995 and can't speak highly enough of them.

That's them alright but I'm afraid, as a pensioner, I don't share your admiration - having used that PO since the early 80s. That said I hope they have a long and enjoyable retirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Quite sad to hear that. I've always been well looked after whenever I was in there. I wish them both a pleasant retirement

• Registered Users Posts: 51,921 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Pity the Post Office is moving.
    That new shopping center is a dead duck. Laying off staff already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

At least it will be possible to get parked for the post office. Dublin street was difficult to access and crossing the road was a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Salt001

Pity the Post Office is moving.
    That new shopping center is a dead duck. Laying off staff already.
    I think Tesco hired a lot of people on a 12 week trial basis, now wether people actually realised that or not when they were taking up these positions ??.
    It seemed to be busy enough the couple of times I was in it and with the Dublin Street P.O. moving there it will only get busier I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Salt001 wrote: »
    I think Tesco hired a lot of people on a 12 week trial basis, now wether people actually realised that or not when they were taking up these positions ??.
    It seemed to be busy enough the couple of times I was in it and with the Dublin Street P.O. moving there it will only get busier I would imagine.
    I know someone that was laid off and wasn't told anything about a 12 week trial, the reason given for the layoff was down to not enough work and the store not making anywhere near it's weekly target. Why build this place and then leave the one in the Longwalk opened is beyond me, no need for two stores so close together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

hellboy99 wrote: »
    I know someone that was laid off and wasn't told anything about a 12 week trial, the reason given for the layoff was down to not enough work and the store not making anywhere near it's weekly target. Why build this place and then leave the one in the Longwalk opened is beyond me, no need for two stores so close together.

There are 3 Dunnes Stores, 2 aldi's and 2 lidls in town. I dont think that 1 tesco would serve the whole town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

The thing about the new tesco I think is its not easy to ' pop in to ' like the old one was. And with a trolley it seems like too much hard work waiting of the escalater, unable to move. I just lose the will and say feck it ill run into lidl! The size of the clothes section is very disappointing also!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Advertisement