Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** 2013 Geography Before/After **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

I thought it was a lovely paper. Short questions were good enough, Physical was great, Regional was toughish but I knew my stuff. Elective was easy and I thought the Biome question was brilliant? I did qs 1, 6, 10 17. Was nervous going in due to the sheer amount of things that could have come up vs the amount I had been able to revise but it was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LEAVINGMAD

Legion. wrote: »
    I thought it was a lovely paper. Short questions were good enough, Physical was great, Regional was toughish but I knew my stuff. Elective was easy and I thought the Biome question was brilliant? I did qs 1, 6, 10 17. QUOTE]

How much did you write for isostacy and what way did you word it if you don't mind me asking ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

LEAVINGMAD wrote: »
    Legion. wrote: »
    I thought it was a lovely paper. Short questions were good enough, Physical was great, Regional was toughish but I knew my stuff. Elective was easy and I thought the Biome question was brilliant? I did qs 1, 6, 10 17. QUOTE]

How much did you write for isostacy and what way did you word it if you don't mind me asking ? :)

Wrote about two pages or so.. what do you mean by how did I word it? I just wrote about what it was, why/how it happened and then wrote the different features that appear and how they are formed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭inthezone

I don't know, maybe it's because I'm not very good at Geography and kind of hate it, but I didn't think that paper was nice in the slightest.

The short questions were okay, some were generous like what we're used to in the exam papers, but others were a bit complex. I thought the physical and regional questions were borderline nasty, often featuring two nice parts but one awful question that was not doable. The elective questions (at least for the human environment) were good enough (and I probably got most of my marks in this), and the options (Geoecology) question was a good way to redeem myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭meleanor

And the socio-economic activities defining regions: I wrote about the South West USA's secondary activities and the Paris Basin's tertiary activities...because I think they fall under socio-economic activities? Tertiary and secondary?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 aaron94

Hi, I know they exams finished and nothing more can be done but just to let me chill can someone please answer this...?

Basically for the socio economic regional question (Q.4) I talked about human processes in SW USA... i.e. all the different ethnicities (Asians, Native Americans, African Americans and Anglos).

Will I pick up any marks? Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Socio-Economic is social and economic so I'm fairly sure anything was fair game for that question as long as you related it back to the question!

Socio-Economic is social and economic so I'm fairly sure anything was fair game for that question as long as you related it back to the question!

Thanks! Bit of a relief that is and yes I refered back to the Q although it was my worst Q so I left it till the end where I had 7 mins to do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

meleanor wrote: »
    And the socio-economic activities defining regions: I wrote about the South West USA's secondary activities and the Paris Basin's tertiary activities...because I think they fall under socio-economic activities? Tertiary and secondary?

I did Drogheda even though its a region of industrial decline :o I ran out of time and got about ten bullet points down but I'm a little bit worried it may have cost me my A1 :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I also did the socio economic question, wasn't really sure what it was but I really wanted the two questions with it.
    I wrote about sw USA and Cali, how the tinseltown/film thing attracted people
    Then I related that to India and its culture/bollywood industry has the same effect on the people there
    And then I contrasted that to the BMW and said it had no real socioeconomic factors and caused people to migrate ...
    Was I any way right? :P

• Advertisement

I did socio too may have made a mess out of it. Left it till the end as it was the only Q I couldnt answer so I only had 7 mins.. Ended up writing about human processes in SW USA i.e. different ethnicities withing the region... which im sure is wrong! May cost me an A

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭meleanor

aaron94 wrote: »
    I did socio too may have made a mess out of it. Left it till the end as it was the only Q I couldnt answer so I only had 7 mins.. Ended up writing about human processes in SW USA i.e. different ethnicities withing the region... which im sure is wrong! May cost me an A

I reckon they'll have to allow for a really broad scope of answers. Because all of the things everyone has mentioned are in theory economic processes, and as long as people are doing them, they're social. They'll have to give the marks!

I wrote about culture and the population distribution of the Mezzogiorno. It would have had absolutely nothing to do with the question whatsoever only for I kept saying "and this is why it is important in defining the Mezzogiorno region" :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

meleanor wrote: »
    I reckon they'll have to allow for a really broad scope of answers. Because all of the things everyone has mentioned are in theory economic processes, and as long as people are doing them, they're social. They'll have to give the marks!

that's reassuring! I'm gonna view my papers anyway and see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LionelNotMessy

I mixed up the Flanders and Wallonia regions in terms of language and Location.. Does anyone know if this will have a big effect on the overall 30 marks?? I wrote about a page and a half about the divide also

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Sean1996

I'd say from the amount I wrote on the day maybe a c1-c2. well im hoping anyway haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

How'd we all go?
    Got the A1 I wanted. Really happy considered I thought I made a hames of it :)

David1994 wrote: »
    How'd we all go?
    Got the A1 I wanted. Really happy considered I thought I made a hames of it :)

A1 here too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I got the A1 as well. :) I feel a little silly considering I came on here like a little bitch crying about how I probably didn't even get a B3! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

I got a B1, which was the biggest surprise of the whole thing! I expected at most a low C!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

Jeez everyone is getting an A1.. I did too ;)

I'm still planning on viewing my paper. Why?
    To finally see what counts as an SRP! :P So much debate over those 3 letters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I got the A1 as well. :) I feel a little silly considering I came on here like a little bitch crying about how I probably didn't even get a B3! :P

Same. I thought I had gotten maybe a B1 because I kept going over the mistakes I made in my head. Also drawing a sketch map in literally 1 minute made me question myself! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rocketman1337

got a B2, was a little disappointed as I felt I had done well in the exam...guess my field work wasn't up to snuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

A1, mothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

A1!

My one and only A1...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Frankenu

A1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭FHB

I'm still planning on viewing my paper. Why?
    To finally see what counts as an SRP! :P So much debate over those 3 letters!
    Please come back to let us soon to be 6th years know also! I can never tell if I'm writing too much or too little.

Nice to hear about so many A1s.

I hate ye all. :P

Was sure of my A1, got an A2. I'd nearly go view it to see where my SRP's fell down, but I'm not leaving Electric Picnic unless I need to get something checked which is unlikely..

• Advertisement

FHB wrote: »
    Please come back to let us soon to be 6th years know also! I can never tell if I'm writing too much or too little.

Nice to hear about so many A1s.

A waterfall is a feature of fluvial erosion. It is formed by hydraulic action and abrasion. Hydraulic action is the force of moving water. Abrasion is the force of water along with its load.
    4 SRPs :)

Advertisement