Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL Maths Paper 1 before/after**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

SecondMan wrote: »
    So we were only supposed to write on the exam script but we are not supposed to write on the exam script. Oh right

Do you have comprehension issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

No I don't. Your previous comment just never made sense for me.

Edit: Your explanation above clarified your point. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

The script was the booklet. So we were allowed to write on the script.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

sganyfx wrote: »
    As long as you labelled the answers correctly, it should not make a bit of a difference.

labeled*
    sorry that one always kills me a little inside

• Registered Users Posts: 18 alan56

I did 6 (I) and differentiation on graph paper.. I answered like 5 questions on a sheer of paper given to us which I clearly label and wrote check sheet on the exam paper! Will these be marked? :/

• Advertisement

labeled*

Spelt both ways.

Prodigious wrote: »

Spelled both ways?

Spelled both ways?

Also spelt both ways.

Did you honestly think that wasn't implied?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Conballz

SecondMan wrote: »
    I used the ammortisation formula for both the financial math questions.. Was I right?

You were right for the second one but not the first because the amortisation formula can only be used for loan repayments. But the first question was about saving money.

• Advertisement

Does anyone think they got an A1?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭D_s

Does anyone think they got an A1?

Yes.

:P Not trying to be pretentious, you asked the question, I'm confident I did. I'm in a Pilot school by the way.

D_s wrote: »
    Yes.

:P Not trying to be pretentious, you asked the question, I'm confident I did. I'm in a Pilot school by the way.

Did you make any mistakes you know of? There is one that I realized shortly after leaving, killed me a little inside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

My friend reckons he aced it completely, but he could be all talk. :P

I'd say I have a high B1, possible A2 at the moment but definitely not an A1. Depends completely on P2, if I do a flawless P2 I am in with a shot of an A1, but to be honest I would be over the moon with a B1/A2 since I was expecting to end up with a low B after doing some of the exam papers. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭amicus

Yes.

Ye the paper wasnt hard..the matchstick took 5 mins if you could figure it out. Differentiatiok was a bit tedious but not difficult.it was easier than last years paper 1

(y-2)=-2(x-2) for parametric..somthing like that ? Cant exactly remember

Did you make any mistakes you know of? There is one that I realized shortly after leaving, killed me a little inside

All the answers that I could remember I checked with friends and the answers given on here, and they're all right as far as I know, so I'm fairly confident :)

I expect p2 to be more challenging if you can compare the two

All the answers that I could remember I checked with friends and the answers given on here, and they're all right as far as I know, so I'm fairly confident :)

you reckon you get something if you get 100% in a paper?

What do you mean, like a special prize or something? Or was this sarcastic? Sarcasm doesn't translate well over the internet :P

But no, not as far as I'm aware, I mean you won't even know unless you check your script, I guess.

• Advertisement

What do you mean, like a special prize or something? Or was this sarcastic? Sarcasm doesn't translate well over the internet :P

But no, not as far as I'm aware, I mean you won't even know unless you check your script, I guess.

chances are we made some mistake. Even a wrong sign infront of a number changes the answer dramatically

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Not for Maths, there are people every year who are getting full marks, there are some kids out there who almost find it difficult to make mistakes if you know what I mean, and with how much easier maths has gotten there can only be more of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I must have comprehension issues too, then, because I had to read your comments twice before I figured out what you meant, and I'm not a confused LC student dealing with all this for the first time! :)

labeled*
    Spelled both ways?
    Did you honestly think that wasn't implied?
    You two just can't leave one another alone, can you, or follow a simple instruction?! :rolleyes:

I'm taking a VERY deep breath here! ... DON'T push me!!

There was no malice intended, as you can see he initiated the petty grammar dispute.

And I wasn't being sarcastic, like for history, the best students get a prize.

*cough* Not supposed to argue with a mod* *cough* Bring it to feedback *cough*

*cough* Not supposed to argue with a mod* *cough* Bring it to feedback *cough*

ehm..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There are prizes in some subjects for the top scorers.

spurious wrote: »

Yeah that's what I said, thanks Spurious. Does your knowledge extend as to know which subjects and what level has to be reached?

spurious wrote: »

Who presents them?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Who presents them?

Oh different organisations and interest groups. I think the Engineering Society might do one.

**edit**
    Here are some links:
    http://www.iopireland.org/about/awards/leaving/page_48957.html

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/top-leaving-cert-students-strike-gold-229130.html

Advertisement