Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL Maths Paper 1 before/after**

18910111214»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

If you left the equation as 12000 + (20-x)(1000) would you still get full marks?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Raeral

Prodigious wrote: »
    If you left the equation as 12000 + (20-x)(1000) would you still get full marks?

Yeh you should, it's basically the same as 32000 - 1000x, and since they didn't ask you to expand it or anything like that, they can't take any marks off you

F*CK! For 5F i just got the price of the ticket to sell out, not the difference in income. Retard. >:(

Ok, think I got everything except for 5 (f) and (g) (High partial credits) and 6(e).
    Do you think I could've pulled an A1 still?

Ok, think I got everything except for 5 (f) and (g) (High partial credits) and 6(e).
    Do you think I could've pulled an A1 still?

Undoubtedly, the total for the paper is 300 marks so 270 marks will get you an A1. I highly doubt you dropped 30 marks from just those three questions :)

• Advertisement

Deadly,thanks! Heres hoping we can do the same tomorrow ! :D

Deadly,thanks! Heres hoping we can do the same tomorrow ! :D

May the maths gods be good to us all :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Raeral wrote: »
    May the maths gods be good to us all :D

Pythagoras,
    Guide us to understand and solve the problems of tomorrow's paper. Help us to succeed and appreciate the beauty of mathematics.
    We pray that yourself and Hippasus will be proud of our performances tomorrow and hope that your most useful theorem is applicable as always.
    Amen

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Smiley Laura

Just wondering if anyone who did the maths leaving cert this year is thinking about studying maths in college? :)

Just wondering if anyone who did the maths leaving cert this year is thinking about studying maths in college? :)

Yep:) hopefully I'll be studying maths in trinners come September :D you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Ya im doing maths if i dont get medecine

• Registered Users Posts: 11 PaulR666

Well I'm going to do Computer Science, which has a certain degree of maths in it?

Lets hope Project Maths will stand to us... haha

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Smiley Laura

Raeral wrote: »
    Yep:) hopefully I'll be studying maths in trinners come September :D you?
    Ya im doing maths if i dont get medecine

Yep single honours maths in Trinity is number one on my CAO! Haven't heard of many others, glad to know a few here :) Intrigued to know what the points will be... what with first round offers last year being 565 and then eventually going down to 535. hopefully they won't go up any higher :o

Advertisement