Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL Maths Paper 1 before/after**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Please god let me get a D3!! That's all I want I'm actually so nervous for tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Crayon meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭shawnanana

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Best of luck everyone :) I really don't envy anyone doing paper one tomorrow :P Was by far my worst exam last year. Granted I only did an hour study before the exam after Geography as I focused completely on that the night before, it was a terrible exam for me. I was inconsolable after it.... I couldn't even do the part a's for some questions :L And after the exam I started to understand some parts.... Disgusted.

But yeah don't make my mistake. If you get bogged down, chill the f out. I didn't.... I just wanted to leave the exam and that was my downfall. You'll have loads of time in there. Take your time and make a serious stab at every part. Ye all know the deal with Project Maths. Attempt everything. Know your proofs and all that perfectly. They're guaranteed marks. Practice sample questions for everything. It's the most effective study for sure at this stage. But yeah try and relax inside there. You'll be sound then :)

And don't worry. Paper 2 is there to help you. I did an unbelievable paper 2 and it saved me from repeating this year. Give paper one your all and you'll feel great for paper two next week.

Good luck everyone, do De Moivre and Pythagoras proud :P

Do you mind me asking what you got in maths after? Because that will probably be what I'll be like tomorrow! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Lonepiper

I'm seriously considering dropping down tomorrow,41% in the pres but i'm not too sure i can repeat that tbh :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Massive cramming session planned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

With geography I won't be online later to mention this but best of luck lads I can only pray that the sec will take pity on us...

And for gods sake do not leave anything blank!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Thataone

I'm just hoping it's a decent paper, or nice marking scheme. I'm trying not to work myself up over maths, my thinking is that I generally do a decent P1 or P2 so hopefully that'll cover me, as long as I don't panic ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Did two pres this year and I got 25% and 37% in the paper, Need to get a load of attempt marks!

last minute WHAST DO I NEED TO KNOW?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

yournerd wrote: »

Complex numbers, differentitation, integration, induction and attempt everything else!!

• Advertisement

Please don't let this be so bad!!!!! I need a b3!

I would love anything at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

yournerd wrote: »

You know that intergration and diff are going to be two questions worth 100 - thats over 16% of the papers SO KNOW THEM! after that know complex numbers and financial maths I'd say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

shawnanana wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what you got in maths after? Because that will probably be what I'll be like tomorrow! :(

Ah feck, I only saw this now. I ended up with at C3 in the end which was way beyond my expecatations. Like 85 points in maths was and is absolute paradise ha. Considering I failed the pre miserably and did a crap paper one I was thrilled. So it's possible :) If I can pass HL maths anyone can. I'm not just saying that, I never got maths at all. But don't worry. You'll do great today and you'll be aiming for a serious good grade then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Can anyone think of any quick niggly things to look over that could crop up?

I've gone through all the proofs but worried I might be leaving something out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

0mega wrote: »
    Can anyone think of any quick niggly things to look over that could crop up?

I've gone through all the proofs but worried I might be leaving something out!

Volumes of Revolution?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Thataone

Currently trying to grasp trig integration.
    What proofs do we need for this paper?

(clearly I'm prepared :eek: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭mulciber

Does anyone know if the definitions are on this paper or paper 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭shawnanana

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Ah feck, I only saw this now. I ended up with at C3 in the end which was way beyond my expecatations. Like 85 points in maths was and is absolute paradise ha. Considering I failed the pre miserably and did a crap paper one I was thrilled. So it's possible :) If I can pass HL maths anyone can. I'm not just saying that, I never got maths at all. But don't worry. You'll do great today and you'll be aiming for a serious good grade then :D

Wow that's unreal, well done! Let's hope its an ok paper and I'll be able to attempt everything at least!

Good Luck everybody!
    Attempt EVERY question! And relax, it will either be easy or marked easily so there is not need to worry! 2 in every 100 will fail and that won't be you if you just ATTEMPT EVERY QUESTION.
    Here is a wonderful trick for the exam if you are struggling
    Try and breathe through your eyes (impossible, yes, but it helps concentration.) then you tell yourself that you have done this very question before and that you DO remember it. (And yes, i got this from Angels and demons or The other Dan brown book, not sure which! But is does actually help :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Good luck all.

DO NOT FORGET:
    Calculator, rulers, pencils, compass, protractor, rubber, sharpener.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

Prodigious wrote: »
    Good luck all.

DO NOT FORGET:
    Calculator, rulers, pencils, compass, protractor, rubber, sharpener.
    c\

Yeah, like don't take for granted that the stuff in the maths set is only for paper 2 like I did in the mocks :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭ynwa14

Good luck everyone, attempt everything even if you havent the foggiest notion, we should know enough by now to bull**** our way a few sums!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Just answer everything.

Even if you dont understand a certain part of a question and need to have an answer to answer the next part of the question, you can always write down any answer and explain to the examiner using that number that this is how you would go about answering the next part and go on from there.

For example:

Question on diff. In order to do the third part you need the second part but you havent a clue how to answer the second part.
    Solution: If you know how to answer the third part then just pick a number/outcome which makes sense given the context of the question and use that to answer the third part.

I you do that, you will get 3 quarters of the marks for the part iii.

Better than leaving a few blank questions because you couldn't get a certain part of the question!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

That was too bad :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I'm shocked :O
    Much easier than the mock paper we had! I managed to get out answers for each question, im not sure how right they were but I had a slight idea what I was doing!
    Hopefully I passed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭SecondMan

Thought the paper was alright. But that stupid ticket question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Where was the integration?? :confused: was it just one part A?
    I thought it was horrible! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭HPMS

Section A was so easy, Calculus and Integration were great too, only think that was impossible was Section B! Couldn't get the formulae for anything!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

What a beauty of a paper :D

Advertisement