Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Geography Study

Options
  • 06-06-2013 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

So I didn't really study geography yet and I really want an a in it... any tips...please share.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ash182

I heard the sea is predicted to come up! :) (obviously dont just focus solely on predictions but..)

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

ash182 wrote: »
    I heard the sea is predicted to come up! :) (obviously dont just focus solely on predictions but..)

Does that mean glaciation will also come up? Ya'll seemed to have done the sea, but we covered Glaciation?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭KevinEIRE

Try some exam questions: http://www.examinations.ie/
    Look at Light and Heavy Industries, Population, Weather etc

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ash182

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    Does that mean glaciation will also come up? Ya'll seemed to have done the sea, but we covered Glaciation?

Yeah it always seems to be a sea or glaciation question, teachers must be allowed pick themselves which one they want to teach!:) (I'd check exam papers to be postive but I'm pretty sure)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

It's sea or glaciation definitely. It says so in our book, that you choose to do one or the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Lulub75

I think river erosion n deposition will come up as well !! My teacher said to focus more on the odd years in the papers lyk 2011 2009 2007 ect :) n peat bogs mite come up n general aid n stuff lyk tat annnndddd traifs n taxes preventin the poor countries to import over high taxes !!! Hope I HELP if ny1 knows nyothers please say n say if u think I'm worng please :);)

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

Lulub75 wrote: »
    I think river erosion n deposition will come up as well !! My teacher said to focus more on the odd years in the papers lyk 2011 2009 2007 ect :) n peat bogs mite come up n general aid n stuff lyk tat annnndddd traifs n taxes preventin the poor countries to import over high taxes !!! Hope I HELP if ny1 knows nyothers please say n say if u think I'm worng please :);)

our teacher said forget the river and sea and focus on karst landscape area :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jpr57852

My teacher said an Oxbow Lake covers river deposition and erosion. Can anyone confirm this?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Looking at the syllabus, it says:
    v)
    Solid rock and loose materials in the crust are subject to attack by mobile
    agents which cause erosion, transport and deposition. Important among these
    agents are: running water, moving ice and the sea
    (Select for study running water and either of the other agents at (V) above

So it looks like everyone has to cover rivers, but that there will be an option to do glaciation or marine erosion, transport and deposition.

jpr57852 wrote: »
    My teacher said an Oxbow Lake covers river deposition and erosion. Can anyone confirm this?

i was pretty sure its just deposit because it seals off the little twist and also erosion cause the meander erodes in making it join together but deposition is the main one, says so in our geography book

• Advertisement

I use ox bow lakes but only for deposition n I use waterfall for erosion as they r the easy ones ??!?!? Does tat help :/

I use ox bow lakes but only for deposition n I use waterfall for erosion as they r the easy ones ??!?!? Does tat help :/

that's exactly what i use theyre perfect :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

My book says it falls under both categories

our teacher said forget the river and sea and focus on karst landscape area :P

They came up in my pre so my teacher said go over them !! But I don't think the things I said have came up sence 2007 correct me if I'm worng :)

i was pretty sure its just deposit because it seals off the little twist and also erosion cause the meander erodes in making it join together but deposition is the main one, says so in our geography book

What geography book do u have is it new complete geography ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

trust me an a for me in irish is more of a goal, i was prepared but i was always sure even if i did my best there was always a b which isn't so bad, it's just that ive to make sure i get 8 a's now and irish is gone and english you can never be sure if you do well and now i have to make sure i get an a in geography which i understand nothing in and i should go study for now and it just ruined my aims.
    Find a question you want answered, and i'll answer it :).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Ox bow lakes were both erosion and deposition in my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

spurious wrote: »

Still are.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

spurious wrote: »

But they can't be used for both questions, should an example of one or the other come up. You have to say ox-bow lake for one, and pick something else for the other.

What geography book do u have is it new complete geography ??

yea :)

• Advertisement

Find a question you want answered, and i'll answer it :).

everything, basically corollisis force

Still are.

I never new tat it's not in my book I don't think !!!

So does any 1 know wats comin up other than rivers or seas ?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Mary A

irish was hard :'( only paper 2 , cant wait for maths thou :D

That will never come up btw

Pwee2029 wrote: »
    That will never come up btw

came up in the short questions one year and i was like wtf :L

came up in the short questions one year and i was like wtf :L

I doubt it will come up as a long question. No one really gets it. And if it does come up as a short question, I bet it would be something like which is the correct statement or a matching question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Winds and water spin anti-clockwise in northen hemisphere.

Winds and water spin clockwise in southern hemisphere.

Winds and water spin anti-clockwise in northen hemisphere.

Winds and water spin clockwise in southern hemisphere.

I think that is wrong :v

• Advertisement

So does any 1 know wats comin up other than rivers or seas ?????

our teacher said karst surface area, i think pc pro might come up

Advertisement