Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Geography Study

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

Pwee2029 wrote: »
    I think that is wrong :v

yes he mixed up anti clockwise with clockwise

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Lulub75

our teacher said karst surface area, i think pc pro might come up

Do u think peat bogs n green house effects mite come up ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Mary A

yes he mixed up anti clockwise with clockwise

lol , u better go over ur geography:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Linda98

I think tourism and aerial photography is coming up, anyone have any other ideas? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

Whats the point trying to predict it? Just learn the chapters and choose the questions that you know the best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

Bluestrike wrote: »
    Whats the point trying to predict it? Just learn the chapters and choose the questions that you know the best

Anyone that solely relies on predictions is setting themselves up for failure, but throwing in your view on what'll come up is fairly interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DUBLINHITMAN97

Does anybody know what the most likely long questions are?

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    Anyone that solely relies on predictions is setting themselves up for failure, but throwing in your view on what'll come up is fairly interesting.

Just because someone asked for a little help in predicting it will not set u up for failure as predictions are all u can really do as well as studying the books of course !!! Just showin my views !!

Lulub75 wrote: »
    Just because someone asked for a little help in predicting it will not set u up for failure as predictions are all u can really do as well as studying the books of course !!! Just showin my views !!

No, studying is the main thing. Predictions is extra you CAN do. It's not ALL you can do alongside studying. As I said, anyone SOLELY RELYING on predictions is setting themselves up for failure.

No, studying is the main thing. Predictions is extra you CAN do. It's not ALL you can do alongside studying. As I said, anyone SOLELY RELYING on predictions is setting themselves up for failure.

So your going to study/revise over the WHOLE book 2nite ??? Predictions n cramming is all u can really can really do 2nite after all it's ur short term memory that really helps u in ur exam as it can remember more in a nite so ur better off revising everything n goin over things in lots of detail tat u think YOURSELF mite come up !!!!!

• Advertisement

So your going to study/revise over the WHOLE book 2nite ??? Predictions n cramming is all u can really can really do 2nite after all it's ur short term memory that really helps u in ur exam as it can remember more in a nite so ur better off revising everything n goin over things in lots of detail tat u think YOURSELF mite come up !!!!!

*sigh* Yeah, okay buddy, okay. I hope you do well.

*sigh* Yeah, okay buddy, okay. I hope you do well.

Sure I did tat 4 my mocks n got a A so I think I will stick to it :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

Sure I did tat 4 my mocks n got a A so I think I will stick to it :):D

here guys ask me geog questions and mark me :)

here guys ask me geog questions and mark me :)

1) What is the term irrigation ??
    2) describe one major irrigation project that you have studied ??

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭claryfray

Personally I try to cover everything, but morning/night before the exam I just look over the predicted stuff to make sure I know that perfect

I agree that if you're cramming you should learn predicted stuff but don't expect a good mark....its a big risk!

1) Irrigation is the artificial watering of plants.
    2) A major scheme irrigation scheme I have studied is the Aswan Dam Scheme, in Lake Nasser. The scheme has it's advantages as well as it's disadvantages. The scheme was set up by the Egyptian Government in the 1960s because there would be a monsoon season where plenty of water was available and a season when water was scarce.

The advantages are of this scheme are
    1. Lake Nasser provides water sports which encourages tourism.
    2. The Irrigation scheme provided water for Egypt and for neighboring Sudan.
    3. It provides clean water which decreases the chance of diseases such as dysentery.

The disadvantages are
    1.The river Nile used to flood every year leaving rich alluvial soils, now that it does not flow farmers are left buying expensive fertilizers.
    2. When the Scheme was built many people had to leave there homes because they got flooded.
    3.Egypt is a hot country and sometimes the water in lake Nasser can evaporate leaving salt behind, salted water can poison the land.

In conclusion the description of the major irrigation scheme I have studied is listed above.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭doyle97

I learned oil in saudi arabia but should i also cover the search for oil offshore: ireland? or is it necessary?

claryfray wrote: »
    Personally I try to cover everything, but morning/night before the exam I just look over the predicted stuff to make sure I know that perfect

I agree that if you're cramming you should learn predicted stuff but don't expect a good mark....its a big risk!

Wat are u revising ???

Wat are u revising ???

can you mark my question and ask me more please, im desperate, i know nothing

2) A major scheme irrigation scheme I have studied is the Aswan Dam Scheme, in Lake Nasser. The scheme has it's advantages as well as it's disadvantages. The scheme was set up by the Egyptian Government in the 1960s because there would be a monsoon season where plenty of water was available and a season when water was scarce.

3. It provides clean water which decreases the chance of diseases such as dysentery.

The disadvantages are
    1.The river Nile used to flood every year leaving rich alluvial soils, now that it does not flow farmers are left buying expensive fertilizers.
    2. When the Scheme was built many people had to leave there homes because they got flooded.
    3.Egypt is a hot country and sometimes the water in lake Nasser can evaporate leaving salt behind, salted water can poison the land.

In conclusion the description of the major irrigation scheme I have studied is listed above.

Did u just really write out the whole lot of the book hahaha well of course then u will get 10/10

• Advertisement

Wat are u revising ???

I think I'll focus on
    1. development of a town (os map)
    2. soils
    3. population
    4. sea erosion/deposition
    5. climate

Anything else I should be revising...? :)

I think I'll focus on
    1. development of a town (os map)
    2. soils
    3. population
    4. sea erosion/deposition
    5. climate

Anything else I should be revising...? :)

I think myself river erosion/deposition mite come up as well as sea as they sometimes do that !
    I thinks peat bogs mite come up
    Something a bout aid
    I think industry eg PC Pro in Cork

That's eating think haha it would be unreal if eat both of us have together comes up !!

For a little help my teacher said to do all the odd yrs as dis yr is an odd yr !! Hope that helps :)

I think myself river erosion/deposition mite come up as well as sea as they sometimes do that !
    I thinks peat bogs mite come up
    Something a bout aid
    I think industry eg PC Pro in Cork

That's eating think haha it would be unreal if eat both of us have together comes up !!

For a little help my teacher said to do all the odd yrs as dis yr is an odd yr !! Hope that helps :)

Oooh yes I agree with your predictions except rivers. i refuse to accept rivers is coming up because I havent studied it XD

Oh thanks :) I am trying to flick through all the exam papers quickly now!!

Oooh yes I agree with your predictions except rivers. i refuse to accept rivers is coming up because I havent studied it XD

Oh thanks :) I am trying to flick through all the exam papers quickly now!!

Haha !! I learn rivers off anyway just incase :):D :L

I learned oil in saudi arabia but should i also cover the search for oil offshore: ireland? or is it necessary? anyone??

doyle97 wrote: »
    I learned oil in saudi arabia but should i also cover the search for oil offshore: ireland? or is it necessary? anyone??

I don't know any thing about tat ?????????????????¿¿?¿'

I don't know any thing about tat ?????????????????¿¿?¿'
    its in primary economic activities!

The disadvantages are

I'd give full marks.

Did u just really write out the whole lot of the book hahaha well of course then u will get 10/10

no i swear i wrote that from my head, thats why i replied after :) but thats a good sign i actually know something :D i hope this comes up in the question im answering :DDD im sooo happy

• Advertisement

I'd give full marks.

omg thanks so much :D you guys are giving me confidence :P Better not get too excited cause i managed to answer one question :P can yee ask me more :D

Advertisement