Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard Drive Incorrect Size

Options
  • 06-06-2013 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭

Okay I've bought a 1TB Hard drive 3.5" off Adverts.ie and it came in the post today. Got it all connected up and installed and now it tells me it's a 152GB hard drive. There is nothing on it. How is this possible? The hard drive itself is new, just out of the package and says 1000GB on it. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Okay I've bought a 1TB Hard drive 3.5" off Adverts.ie and it came in the post today. Got it all connected up and installed and now it tells me it's a 152GB hard drive. There is nothing on it. How is this possible? The hard drive itself is new, just out of the package and says 1000GB on it. Any ideas?

Assuming you're using Windows, go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management and choose Disk Management. See if there are more partitions or unallocated space on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Okay, the hard drive is not what it was. I've found a Drive named as Disk 0 with "931.51GB Unallocated" which has to be the 1TB hard drive I've installed. What do I do from there? The disk is online as shown

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

right click on unallocated, click new volume, follow onscreen instructions, simples/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Cheers mate! That helped alot!

Advertisement