Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviva Stadium Parking Options?

Options
  • 06-06-2013 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi can any of you help me with where I could park for robbie williams next Fri. We're hoping to come up early and go for something nice to eat etc but haven't a clue of where to park etc. We're coming from Laois so would love somewhere that isn't too hard to get to as really don't know dublin that well. But if any of you could advise that would be super thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

zsha wrote: »
    Hi can any of you help me with where I could park for robbie williams next Fri. We're hoping to come up early and go for something nice to eat etc but haven't a clue of where to park etc. We're coming from Laois so would love somewhere that isn't too hard to get to as really don't know dublin that well. But if any of you could advise that would be super thanks

There's parking under the aviva. Not sure how it works when there's a gig on. Maybe check ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

You should get on street parking around the stadium if you're there early enough in the day,if all else fails you could just park in the hockey club,was €10 for the day last time I parked there.

http://www.pembrokewanderers.ie/club-info/aviva-car-parking/

Or you could park in one of the city centre car parks,have something to eat in there and then get the DART from Tara Street/Pearse or Connoly down to the Aviva,only about a 10 minute journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭zsha

Super thanks for both of those, will def check both out. We will go early and if can get parking around def will.....if the roads around the aviva close as they do what time do they re open? Would we be stuck on them when the gig is finished??

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You won't be allowed park on any of the closed roads / within a few hundred metres of hte stadium.

One possibility would be to drive as far as the Red Cow, park at the Luas stop and get the Luas to the Point stop and walk across t he East Link and up the Dodder to the Aviva.

Thanks Im liking the look of that pembroke hockey club, I was talking to them earlier and their carpark is open for the event will try for that one I think.
    Thanks all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

Thanks Im liking the look of that pembroke hockey club, I was talking to them earlier and their carpark is open for the event will try for that one I think.
    Thanks all

Be sure to be there early. I used to live beside the aviva and traffic is chaos when there is an event on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

What is Booterstown station like to park in, if I was to get the dart from there, or even walk?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

You could park in Connolly Train Station and get the Dart over or walk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

What is Booterstown station like to park in, if I was to get the dart from there, or even walk?

That car park is usually full during the day, so you'd be taking a chance depending how early you'd be trying to park there, it's a bit of a stroll from there to the aviva, if you just miss a dart you could try and hop on a 4/7 outside the station, they'll bring you into ballsbridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

Pembroke Wanders is a good bet.
    Excellent location and security there throughout to look after your car.
    You won't find better but do get there early.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

I'd recommend parking in Blackrock - there's a few nice restaurants and it's only a couple of stops back to Landsdowne Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,310 ✭✭✭markpb

If you do opt for on-street parking somewhere, make sure you read the road signs carefully and park correctly. Don't let this happen to you.

Clamp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

I wouldn't fancy being the clampers confronting that mob straight after a match.

Super thanks all, best option still looking like the pembroke wanderers. Also can get acc in tara towers blackrock, near the booterstown dart line. Do any of you know of it? Is it nice. Its really only for the night

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Super thanks all, best option still looking like the pembroke wanderers. Also can get acc in tara towers blackrock, near the booterstown dart line. Do any of you know of it? Is it nice. Its really only for the night

It's not bad actually, and the DART line is very close.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭EricPraline

Also can get acc in tara towers blackrock, near the booterstown dart line. Do any of you know of it? Is it nice. Its really only for the night
    It was once nice, but to be honest it's seen far better days, very tired and a bit grubby in its current state.

That said, it be would convenient and presumably cheap. Has parking, and it's a 3-5 minute walk to the DART station, or a pleasant 40 minute walk to the Aviva through Ballsbridge IF the weather is good. Seems reasonably popular for gigs & matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

There are also several buses that stop right outside the door of the hotel, that would leave them at the top of Landsdowne Rd, where the Aviva is located.

Ok thanks looks like an option so also. And be able to drink enjoy it etc.... It is to literally just sleep in, norm I would look at more upmarket hotels if going away but we wont be in this one too much etc etc! Thanks mill all

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭EricPraline

Ok thanks looks like an option so also. And be able to drink enjoy it etc.... It is to literally just sleep in, norm I would look at more upmarket hotels if going away but we wont be in this one too much etc etc! Thanks mill all
    Tara Towers is definitely fine for that. You might also look at Bewleys Ballsbridge & The Burlington, both often have cheap deals and they're a shorter walk to the Aviva.

Thanks great info bewleys want 259e for the night:eek: Its awful how much they hike up prices everywhere when something on....
    Thanks a mill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

The RDS was open for parking for the match last Friday, is it likely to be open this Friday for the concert?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mickyellow

The Tara Towers hotel is a fairly average hotel. It is well located in relation to the Aviva. If you are staying the night in the Tara Towers you could easily park in the Hotel and get the Dart right to the stadium or even walk (30 mins) from the hotel. The hotel would be fine for a night however I wouldn't spend my two week holiday here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mona.lisa

Did you park at the hockey club?
    and if so how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I suspect it will be rather stretched parking wise today as you have Celtic v Liverpool at the Aviva and the Horse Show in the RDS.

Yeah we parked at the hockey club that time and were up early and no prob with parking, even though there was a hockey match on. Cost us 10e which was super as five min walk to aviva and on way home straight out onto road and home no traffic as such. Def use this again

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭bertson

Hi All;
    Heading up to the match this evening in the Aviva, does the hockey club still do the parking for a tenner?

Thx B

I'd imagine so, if you check out there web page it should say. I cant see why they won't be doing the parking.

Oh sorry see it was the other day you posted that msg:o
    Hope you got sorted for parking

Advertisement