Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**OL Maths Paper 1 - Before/After **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

Oh that sounds good. So frustrating not being there for them.

You sound like quite a dedicated teacher - fairplay, good to see that now and then...but yeah they'll be fine, was a lovely paper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Learnt from the best, both parents secondary teachers and I've lived with the annual stress of the exams all my life! You just want your students to have the chance to show off the knowledge they have

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

Anyone remember what what theory question was? It was in the question when you had to calculate the two men's salaries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Finished just past half 3 but I stayed to check over everything for another 30 minutes or so. I had to skip the f'(x) questions, had no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mayoman1995

Finished just past half 3 but I stayed to check over everything for another 30 minutes or so. I had to skip the f'(x) questions, had no idea.

that was just normal differentiation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

That 60 marker q6 what was up with that , so easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I thought it was awful :O Not one person in my class thought it was easy!

Saying that I had the same reaction to the pre and got a B1 in paper 1 so fingers crossed!

Jade. wrote: »
    I thought it was awful :O Not one person in my class thought it was easy!

Saying that I had the same reaction to the pre and got a B1 in paper 1 so fingers crossed!

Not even the 60 marker ???

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MartyP

paper one was nice, not sure about 3 parts but attemted everything. i should do well in maths :) nice relief to do good in something after messing up in geography

Was nervous going in but I'm am sure I got that 60 marker right , a few of the 25 ones and bits of the 40 ones, attempted all parts bar 2, all rests on paper 2 now . Quick question say I get 170 on paper 1 and say 80 marks on paper 2, although I will have failed p2 do I pass maths as I have passed the 240 mark from both papers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Jordan537

yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 JustForClarity

That was one of the easiest paper ones I've seen, including the sample papers. The last part of some questions gave me some trouble but I'm expecting decent attempt marks for them.

Went in hoping to pass since I'm not using Maths for points, but I think I should study paper two over the weekend now and go for an A1/A2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I knew something about the arithmetic sequence would come up (I posted to learn it on page 1 of this thread ;) )
    It's great to have my first good paper of the leaving cert, considering English paper 1 and 2 went ****e.

Hoping for attempt marks in sections though, like the part getting the local max and min point.. I always failed with those :P

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Jordan537

any chance paper 2 will be very hard to even it out ?

ray2012 wrote: »
    I knew something about the arithmetic sequence would come up (I posted to learn it on page 1 of this thread ;) )
    It's great to have my first good paper of the leaving cert, considering English paper 1 and 2 went ****e.

Hoping for attempt marks in sections though, like the part getting the local max and min point.. I always failed with those :P

I made it up as I went along in the exam, but think I may have actually gotten somewhere with it. Did anyone else get a maximum point of 0 and a minimum point of -4?

Either way, I believe if you drew the graph correctly using whatever points you got (even if they're wrong), they give you full marks for that part.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

I made it up as I went along in the exam, but think I may have actually gotten somewhere with it. Did anyone else get a maximum point of 0 and a minimum point of -4?

Either way, I believe if you drew the graph correctly using whatever points you got (even if they're wrong), they give you full marks for that part.

Yes I got the same points

• Registered Users Posts: 44 eoinoc2509

Yeah i got those points. Can you remember what you got for the trapazodial one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 chikatita

feck ye all I thought it was impossible most definitely failed :'(

Jordan537 wrote: »
    any chance paper 2 will be very hard to even it out ?

That's what I'm worried about. I think I've already passed with paper one though so it's only grade-building at this point.
    Yes I got the same points
    eoinoc2509 wrote: »

Cool, I guess it's true that you remember stuff you didn't think you knew during the exams! Which one was the trapazoidal one? I'm not sure about the terminology tbh.

I got those points too I think actually! I'll get most attempt marks for it anyways.

What did ye get for the credit limit thing? I got that he would be in excess by like, 18c :P

I did it a really awkward way though by doing each month separately (I'd say there is an easier way). But I suppose if you get any number over the 1000 you're right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

eoinoc2509 wrote: »

I got 70

I got those points too I think actually! I'll get most attempt marks for it anyways.

What did ye get for the credit limit thing? I got that he would be in excess by like, 18c :P

I did it a really awkward way though by doing each month separately (I'd say there is an easier way). But I suppose if you get any number over the 1000 you're right.

Oh no, was that question asking for how much he'd be over by? I thought it was asking just to prove he'd be over the limit by month fifteen. I also did it month-by-month because I didn't know which formula to use.

Also, did anyone else have difficulty with the question asking you to do out a table for the tanks? I had to ask for another sheet of paper since the box for that part was tiny!

chikatita wrote: »
    feck ye all I thought it was impossible most definitely failed :'(

Don't worry about it, many people in my exam center found it really tough. I'm sure a load of people did. The bell curve will suit the most students to get them to pass. No point worrying about that paper, make sure you study your ass for paper 2 to get revenge on that paper! :P If you think you did a bad paper 1, let that influence you to study hard for paper 2 :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The papers are up on www.examinations.ie

Oh no, was that question asking for how much he'd be over by? I thought it was asking just to prove he'd be over the limit by month fifteen. I also did it month-by-month because I didn't know which formula to use.

Also, did anyone else have difficulty with the question asking you to do out a table for the tanks? I had to ask for another sheet of paper since the box for that part was tiny!

Nope, it wasn't asking what he was over by, you just had to prove it. I just gave that 1000.18 answer to see if anyone on here got the same. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

That 60 marker q6 what was up with that , so easy

I know I loved the 40 and 60 Im nearly positive I got them right :D I couldn't have asked for a nicer paper

Nope, it wasn't asking what he was over by, you just had to prove it. I just gave that 1000.18 answer to see if anyone on here got the same. :pac:

I got the same too. I was getting worried towards the end because I didn't think it would exceed €1,000 and that I had just wasted a good five or ten minutes doing it out the long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 eoinoc2509

That's what I'm worried about. I think I've already passed with paper one though so it's only grade-building at this point.

Cool, I guess it's true that you remember stuff you didn't think you knew during the exams! Which one was the trapazoidal one? I'm not sure about the terminology tbh.
    the rule for it wa in the log tables and there was a graph for part a

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

If paper 2 goes as well as paper 1 I think I could be looking at a potential A1! :D

• Advertisement

I got the same too. I was getting worried towards the end because I didn't think it would exceed €1,000 and that I had just wasted a good five or ten minutes doing it out the long way.

I was the exact same. when I was putting the last calculation into the calculator I was like "PLEASE exceed 1000 Euro >__>". Was so happy when it did. :cool:

Advertisement