Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lough lannagh, castlebar

Options
  • 06-06-2013 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what's the deal with all the buoys and markers on the lake, especially down past the new bridge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Anyone know what's the deal with all the buoys and markers on the lake, especially down past the new bridge?

spotted them the last day, maybe there is some competition on or something.

the swans must be pissed off.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

I know a bike festival is planned soon down around the lake. Not sure if it's an idea to get kids out on their bikes while their parents are going for a walk. Might be something to do with that as a local artist group are working on stuff for the festival. Don't know if this is related.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Dudda wrote: »
    I know a bike festival is planned soon down around the lake. Not sure if it's an idea to get kids out on their bikes while their parents are going for a walk. Might be something to do with that as a local artist group are working on stuff for the festival. Don't know if this is related.

Are the buoys not on the actual lake? The kids can cycle on water :D

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

They're in the lake, quite impressive really, they extend way down in lanes towards the reek end. Whatever the purpose, someone has put in a lot of effort.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I remember some kayak event was on a few years ago for special olympics. Could be the same again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

http://www.loughlannagh.ie/conference-events/events/june

"West Climb Adventure Co. provide this enjoyable introduction to kayaking on Lough Lannagh. Aimed to teach participants basic strokes & safety in kayaking, the gear, equipment & of course the chance to kayak & explore flat water. "

If anyone hasn't done it, its a lovely activity, I did it a number of times for training out on Killary in prep for Gaelforce and it was like been in a different world out on the open water. Good for the gut and upper body :D
    And I can't even swim... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭zztop

yop wrote: »
    I remember some kayak event was on a few years ago for special olympics. Could be the same again

Yep..see it in the Mayo advertiser this week;)

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭tootsy70

:pThinks that the local dogging spot down there, so ive heard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

tootsy70 wrote: »
    :pThinks that the local dogging spot down there, so ive heard

Photo or link please.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭tootsy70

finisklin wrote: »
    Photo or link please.....

Check swing4ireland and youll get all the info you need. Are you looking a wee peak ?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

tootsy70 wrote: »
    Check swing4ireland and youll get all the info you need. Are you looking a wee peak ?:D

Just looking for you to substantiate your claim.....no link, no evidence. ;)

Keep it on topic pls. ;)

Advertisement