Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

15MB, then 8MB now 1MB and still haven't even received the router -_-

Options
  • 06-06-2013 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

-_-
    I first got told that the Monasterevin exchange got an update to a 15Mb capable ADSL card and that people in Monasterevin are receiving 15Mb already no problem. Now about 1 month after order, 2 weeks after installing the socket and 2 days after getting the phone line number, I got an email saying that my line is only 8Mb capable. Btw I just wanted to say that I'm moving from 150Mb fibre in Dublin. But anyway I raged WTF?! on the customer support chat and apparently I'm now only capable of 1Mb. Now 149 Mb speed decrease is going to impact my life quite a bit, I play online games all the time, watch netflix, download large <10Gb games on steam all the time and like to stream HD videos on YouTube as well as upload them, I constantly sync large files with my clouds and now eircom is trying to tell me that, hey we can only give you 1Mb........... I was pissed of about 15Mb but could live with it, 8Mb was just bare minimum for survival............ now 1Mb #angryf******ragingeircomcustomer 

P.S. I STILL DIDN'T RECEIVE THE MOTHER*.... FREE Wi-Fi ROUTER AND I'M PAYING FOR THE ULTIMATE 24MB PACKAGE WHICH APPARENTLY DOESN'T EVEN EXIST ANYMORE!!

Please who ever is responsible for this in eircom, just put down whatever it is you're smoking and stop this madness. 

Yours Sincerely
    Customer Number

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

mac.book wrote: »
    -_-
    I first got told that the Monasterevin exchange got an update to a 15Mb capable ADSL card and that people in Monasterevin are receiving 15Mb already no problem. Now about 1 month after order, 2 weeks after installing the socket and 2 days after getting the phone line number, I got an email saying that my line is only 8Mb capable. Btw I just wanted to say that I'm moving from 150Mb fibre in Dublin. But anyway I raged WTF?! on the customer support chat and apparently I'm now only capable of 1Mb. Now 149 Mb speed decrease is going to impact my life quite a bit, I play online games all the time, watch netflix, download large <10Gb games on steam all the time and like to stream HD videos on YouTube as well as upload them, I constantly sync large files with my clouds and now eircom is trying to tell me that, hey we can only give you 1Mb........... I was pissed of about 15Mb but could live with it, 8Mb was just bare minimum for survival............ now 1Mb #angryf******ragingeircomcustomer 

P.S. I STILL DIDN'T RECEIVE THE MOTHER*.... FREE Wi-Fi ROUTER AND I'M PAYING FOR THE ULTIMATE 24MB PACKAGE WHICH APPARENTLY DOESN'T EVEN EXIST ANYMORE!!

Please who ever is responsible for this in eircom, just put down whatever it is you're smoking and stop this madness. 

Yours Sincerely
    Customer Number

Hi mac.book

Can you PM me with your tel no: and I can look into the speeds you are getting.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi mac.book,

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you.

I have checked this for you and can confirm you are on an 'up to' 8mg service broadband basic. This is why you are getting the speed lower speed results. The maximum your line is capable of is 'up to' 12mg service, you can upgrade to the 'up to' 24mg package however the maximum speed you will receive is 'up to' 12mg.
    To contact the upgrade section you can call 1800 503 303, they can process your order.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks 

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mac.book

Hi mac.book,

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you.

I have checked this for you and can confirm you are on an 'up to' 8mg service broadband basic. This is why you are getting the speed lower speed results. The maximum your line is capable of is 'up to' 12mg service, you can upgrade to the 'up to' 24mg package however the maximum speed you will receive is 'up to' 12mg.
    To contact the upgrade section you can call 1800 503 303, they can process your order.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks 

Tracey

Ok I'll do that thanks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

mac.book wrote: »
    Ok I'll do that thanks
    No problem at all  :)

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mac.book

No problem at all  

Tracey

Done, I finally cleared up all the billing issues and upgraded to 12Mb Unlimited connection using the eircom online chat. I'm enjoying the eircom Music Hub now, seems like eircom is not that bad after all, still can't wait for fibre though. I'll probably have to go through more customer service adventures with that in the future :D

Thanks again for the reply Tracey

• Advertisement
Advertisement