Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ORDINARY MATHS

• 06-06-2013 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

So Ive done LITERALLY nothing for maths. No book or nothing like , never did homework or any of that craic since JC.

Got an A in Higher in the JC and just hated it after that, dropped to pass and just never focused on it.

Do I risk failing? Can I pass with JC knowledge alone? :/ Paper 1 is tomorrow..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

same boat as me haha only i did the junior cert about 7 years ago,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,706 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

You probably won't to be honest, there was no financial maths, differentiation, sequences and series with formulae on the JC, try getting a few of the past papers off examinations.ie, and anything you struggle with just google.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Don't panic , i got an A in junior cert maths too then for leaving cert i was always terrible at maths! i failed the mocks but i got a c2 in the leaving! i wouldn't worry about failing :) but get off this forum , get your exam papers out and start practicing any questions , it will help that's my advice

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭David086

Go over the calculus questions, they're literally subbing in from the log tables and are the easiest and guaranteed questions, same with the functions. Attempt everything, the marking scheme is giving marks for the smallest attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭NellyDean

Which ones calculus again? :P
    I think I'm okay for P2 I'm just pretty bad at algebra and all.
    Attempt marks will do i'll hope!

I did pass the mock but it was marked internally so dont trust it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

/i dunno, ours followed the marking schemes to the letter, where an examiner may have given a little slack they did not, hharden us up for the real thing haha#

Advertisement